The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2017, 04:14 PM   #1
Android04

Air Ride Suggestions

Happy Friday guys. I have a few questions to help me put the final touches on my air ride kit before ordering. I want to make sure I have everything in order.

I have a 1965 C10 SWB on stock 15x10 and 235/75/15 tires, when I bought the truck I completely replaced all of the suspension components knowing that I would go with air-ride soon. All bushings, bump stops, tie rods, upper and lower ball joints, shocks, bearings, brakes (drums) have all been replaced. Needless to say I want to stay with the drums because my brakes work like a charm and well its all new (plus I have two kids and we all know how expensive those little turds are)

Here is the plan:
EZ Classic Air Ride Kit (one 444c Compressor)
Cupping the lower control arms
No C Notch (I'm not a fan of cutting up the truck)

So the last thing I'm trying to figure out are the shocks. Should I do a shock relocation kit (front and rear) since my shocks are new? Or should I just buy shorter shocks and use the stock location?

Also I know I need to buy an adjustable track bar; any suggestions?

Lastly what size tires are best? I'm looking for white walls but with a 10" wheel I've been going back and forth. If you have any pictures please feel free to share.

I'm not looking to build anything crazy I just cruise to local shows and put around town in it. Not looking to build a hot rod or trailer queen. Just something safe for me and the family to enjoy and spend time together around town. I appreciate any and all help.
Android04 is offline   Reply With Quote