The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-24-2007, 09:45 PM   #1
'68 C-20

Yet another interior paint color question

I have searched these forums, here and at Paint and Body Forums. If this is redundant please bear with me,

Also, I have been to the Auto Color Library and pulled the Paint Chips. Problem is that the interior colors are a bit ambiguous and there are no chips to reference.

I am trying to figure out the interior paint color on my '68 C20. First off it is Blue. The Exterior is Dark Blue, Glove box sticker indicates 4508AA, looks like a PPG 508, Glove box indicates 4614J8 Blue Vinyl Trim. Not sure what that equates to for a dye, but I don't need to dye it anyway.

The first question is the blue interior color on the Floor, Dash, Radio Cover Kick Panels , Roof etc. It appears to be a light blue, probably a metallic, I would put it perhaps at Turquoise. Anyone know the PPG color or equivalent?

Second question, The Steel Door Panels are Dark Blue, looks like a Poly or fine metallic which is a bit odd since the Body is not a metallic paint. But it is quite close to the exterior color, just in a metallic.. Anyone run into this? Know what color the door panels are?

I am highly confident that nothing has been repainted. It is as came from the Factory.

I want to two tone the body and use the metallic dark blue on the inside door panels for the dark parts and the light blue interior color for light parts.
’26 Ford Model T
‘72 Triumph Spitfire 1500
'09 "The Briggs Flyer" Gettin' High.
'68 C-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
'68 C-20

Re: Yet another interior paint color question

??
’26 Ford Model T
‘72 Triumph Spitfire 1500
'09 "The Briggs Flyer" Gettin' High.
'68 C-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:54 PM   #3
lbpd719
Zappaphile!

Re: Yet another interior paint color question

Not really sure what you are wanting.

You might want to take some samples down to your paint supply and have them pull a match for you. There is no rule stating you have to use the off the shelf colors for a "match" and most places I have been to will give you a custom blend free of charge.

get a quart, mix up a gun full and shoot and see what you get. Just make sure you keep track of the blend you are using so they can remix it for you..