The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-22-2016, 07:22 AM   #26
Grumpy old man

Re: Barrett Jackson Las Vegas

I for one hope the prices continue to climb, Drastically would be great ! I don't buy shiny finished trucks , I buy the unfinished failed projects and rusty parts trucks no one wants , Just recently Ol rusty a 68 short bed GMC for $500.00 who has already doubled my money back in parts and I still have the truck and drive train . There still out there in running driving condition for little money and with some diligent searching can be had by even the newest newby to the truck crowd . With a basic craftsman tool box and you tube / forums / and the internet it's never been easier to slowly rebuild your dream truck AND have it be worth more as the years go by . So what if it takes you years to get it done they are a great hobby that appreciates in value faster than your 401K ! BUT if your not a hands on guy or just have more $ than sense , Please by all means available to you go out to a Barret Jackson auction and keep the prices climbing and give us regular guys a hobby that when done right has a golden parachute at the end . We're already seeing them being dragged out of old scrap yards and from under the stack of hay in barns where they have been sitting for many years ! Just a short 3 years ago when I joined this board I was buying running driving 67 short beds for $500.00 try finding one today ... I just drug 2 more 67 short beds out of my barn and into the garage to start rebuilding all it takes is time and slowly buying parts .

http://

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop

Last edited by Grumpy old man; 10-22-2016 at 07:49 AM.
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:38 AM   #27
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

I watched the whole auction and thought the prices they got for 67-72's were fair. At one point there was an SS 454 truck and a red/white sb Super Cheyenne right behind it. The cut to commercial as the SS454 was coming on the block and when they returned it and the Super were done but they never listed what they sold for.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:36 AM   #28
CUSTOM/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
I for one hope the prices continue to climb, Drastically would be great ! I don't buy shiny finished trucks , I buy the unfinished failed projects and rusty parts trucks no one wants , Just recently Ol rusty a 68 short bed GMC for $500.00 who has already doubled my money back in parts and I still have the truck and drive train . There still out there in running driving condition for little money and with some diligent searching can be had by even the newest newby to the truck crowd . With a basic craftsman tool box and you tube / forums / and the internet it's never been easier to slowly rebuild your dream truck AND have it be worth more as the years go by . So what if it takes you years to get it done they are a great hobby that appreciates in value faster than your 401K ! BUT if your not a hands on guy or just have more $ than sense , Please by all means available to you go out to a Barret Jackson auction and keep the prices climbing and give us regular guys a hobby that when done right has a golden parachute at the end . We're already seeing them being dragged out of old scrap yards and from under the stack of hay in barns where they have been sitting for many years ! Just a short 3 years ago when I joined this board I was buying running driving 67 short beds for $500.00 try finding one today ... I just drug 2 more 67 short beds out of my barn and into the garage to start rebuilding all it takes is time and slowly buying parts .

http://
In the southern and western dry & salt free states this still holds true, certainly not anything like it was 10 yrs ago though. Here in New England it's very rare to find any vintage vehicles in a salvage yard that have anything left useful on it, most in fact have been scraped for metal. If you do find something it's generally a rusted out picked over shell. 20 yrs ago you could find them but no longer. So those of us in the northern rust belt states rely on the guys in the south & west for parts or we revert to repop parts.
Most all my original GM parts came from venders & board members on this site.

Thank God I have most everything I need for my truck, because I don't want to be Grumpy Old Mans retirement plan.... "LOL"

My 72 SWB Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=259859

Last edited by CUSTOM/10; 10-22-2016 at 10:49 AM.
CUSTOM/10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:55 AM   #29
CUSTOM/10

Hopefully this link works, it's a list of everything that sold in Vegas and for how much ! There's 849 !!!

http://barrett-jackson.com/Events/Ev...016/10-15-2016

My 72 SWB Build
Old 10-22-2016, 02:42 PM   #30
Grumpy old man

"Thank God I have most everything I need for my truck, because I don't want to be Grumpy Old Mans retirement plan ".... "LOL"

Wait until you see the '67 Chevelles I've been buying ...

I need another barn or two !

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 03:06 PM   #31
CUSTOM/10

A BIG Block 70 SS would be my favorite !!! A friend of mine had one for his 1st car. Bought it before we had our drivers licenses and we had it out on the road raising Heck !!! Times were different back then, you could get away with that kind of stuff...

He's the same one that got me hooked on the 67-72 trucks. He had a 70 K20 ( Same colors as mine ) I helped him build that truck.
From 1983 on I've always had at least one parked in my yard.

My 72 SWB Build