The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-09-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
stratcat1979

70 chevy c10 build

Well when i posted my "hi im new" post, everyone requested pics, so here are a few to get the Ball rolling on my build thread. Not sure how often ill be posting since the truck is at my moms since i dont have a place to work on it here in dallas. That leaves me pretty much the weekends to get stuff done.

First the truck. 70 custom10 LWB. Given to me by my dad, had it since i was 17.

Heres the shortbed frame i scored. Already been blasted, painted, new poly bushings on the suspension and sway bar, Quick ratio power steering gear, and drilled and slotted discs up front, lowered 3 inches all the way around.

Im planning to go ahead and go to discs in the back, mount the gas tank in the back and run new brake and fuel lines while everything is nice and easy to get to. Im planning on going down another inch in the front, and at least 2 in the back, maybe three. Does anyone know at what point you have to go to an adjustable track bar? I know with 5 or 6 inch drop ill have to, but what about with the 3inches it has now?
stratcat1979 is offline   Reply With Quote