The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-31-2012, 11:03 PM   #301
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: my 65 fleetside build

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
busted, oh well what can i say i never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed would you be interested maybe doing the bedside i got the other day, i am running out of time need to get this thing going.
I'll get with you on it.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #302
Jeff La

Just finished your thread. Man you started with a truck I'm hoping to end up with. Great job your doing.
Jeff La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #303
flips72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan's Classic View Post
I'll get with you on it.
thanks alan, just checked your thread, man your truck is going to be super nice when you get it done, you almost have me convinced to go body color on my inner fenders and rad sopport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
Just finished your thread. Man you started with a truck I'm hoping to end up with. Great job your doing.
thanks jeff, i almost wish i had left it alone and drove the wheels off it, i guarantee it would have been more fun
flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #304
flips72

came home today and hung the door back on the cab to see how it looks, i believe it might make it. one or two more blockings and i will have the outside of the door done now to the inside. heres a few pics
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #305
allaboutchevelles

Very nice work on your door. Looks nice and straight with perfect gaps. What are you going to paint the inside floor of the cab with. I saw where someone on here did the lizard skin stuff but I know its kinda expensive.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:00 AM   #306
Alan's Classic

I should have let you do mine, it looks great!!
Old 02-03-2012, 01:03 AM   #307
Alan's Classic

Quote:
thanks alan, just checked your thread, man your truck is going to be super nice when you get it done, you almost have me convinced to go body color on my inner fenders and rad sopport
This pic might give you a different view of the painted inner fenders. Of coarse the only time you will get this view is when your on a ladder.
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2012, 11:08 PM   #308
flips72

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutchevelles View Post
Very nice work on your door. Looks nice and straight with perfect gaps. What are you going to paint the inside floor of the cab with. I saw where someone on here did the lizard skin stuff but I know its kinda expensive.
thanks for the kind words, as far as the floor goes not sure yet, i thought about body color then dynamat, or a similar product. if i had someone close to goe in halfers on the lizard skin gun i would think about that route.
Quote:
I should have let you do mine, it looks great!!
yeah right, but thanks
Quote:
This pic might give you a different view of the painted inner fenders. Of coarse the only time you will get this view is when your on a ladder.
so your telling me if i paint mine body color i have to carry around a 8 foot stepladder, might just stay with black then
Old 02-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #309
rmvlt1100

Quote:
came home and fitted the rocker panel, its almost ready to weld in and the cab should be done as far as rust goes. it would be nice to have nos rockers the ones i have just dont fit good as you can see all the bends are round instead of sharp as you can see in the pics. i did figure out how to fix that problem though once i got them tacked in i took my torch and heated them the with the help of a hammer i persuaded them into place.
Flips72, I just read your post. Your taking a nice truck and making it into an outstanding truck. You picked a nice color combo. Getting back to the aftermarket rocker. I had the same problem with rockers. Mine were from LMC and they didn't fit good at all. I went through 2 rockers on the pass. side. The second time around it took a lot of extra cutting and welding to make the fit right. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rmvlt1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #310
flips72

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmvlt1100 View Post
Flips72, I just read your post. Your taking a nice truck and making it into an outstanding truck. You picked a nice color combo. Getting back to the aftermarket rocker. I had the same problem with rockers. Mine were from LMC and they didn't fit good at all. I went through 2 rockers on the pass. side. The second time around it took a lot of extra cutting and welding to make the fit right. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks, and yes the rockers do not fit very well at all. i picked mine up at a swap meet in moultrie georgia, probably doesnt matter where they came from the aftermarket stuff will never meet original quality.now i know why the nos sets i have seen go for a big price.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #311
allaboutchevelles

I just checked out that bed liner kit you ordered. It looks like some pretty good stuff. I cant wait to see your pics after you spray it. I might go that route also. I just ordered my 2.5 tip primer gun off ebay. I hope to have it for next weekend so I can finish up the roof and get that cab back upright and finish the bodywork so I can put it back on the frame. I can hardly wait to see the cab back on the frame with the bed on also before I tear the bed down.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #312
McMurphy

Your door looks great Flips... sure is sweet when those body lines align right up eh?

I was looking at the Herculiner stuff they have at O'Reilys for the inside of the cab, but am holding off since I am not there quite yet.

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #313
flips72

Quote:
I just checked out that bed liner kit you ordered. It looks like some pretty good stuff. I cant wait to see your pics after you spray it. I might go that route also. I just ordered my 2.5 tip primer gun off ebay. I hope to have it for next weekend so I can finish up the roof and get that cab back upright and finish the bodywork so I can put it back on the frame. I can hardly wait to see the cab back on the frame with the bed on also before I tear the bed down.
i know what you mean about seeing the body back on, i am going nuts it so nice outside and i cant get outside and play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
Your door looks great Flips... sure is sweet when those body lines align right up eh?

I was looking at the Herculiner stuff they have at O'Reilys for the inside of the cab, but am holding off since I am not there quite yet.
i am hoping this stuff works out good but i am not sure i will do the inside of the cab or not, more than likely just the underside and paint the floorboards with base/clear.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #314
flips72

the u-pol raptor came in today, scuffed the bottom of the cab and taped out. mixed the material as the directions called and sprayed. one can will cover the bottom once. it has a 60 minute flash time then i sprayed a second coat...... i like it, what do you think? the first pics are with one coat and the last two are the second. took one close up so you could see the texture.
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #315
flips72

heres the other pics
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #316
chad64chevy

that looks really really good flips!! before to long you'll have it all painted an back together!!
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #317
allaboutchevelles

OH YEAH, That looks good to me!! It looks like its going to be very durable also. Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #318
flips72

[quote=chad64chevy;5173204]that looks really really good flips!! before to long you'll have it all painted an back together!! thanks chad, i cant wait, sure felt good to do something that didnt turn out gray
Quote:
OH YEAH, That looks good to me!! It looks like its going to be very durable also. Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.
thanks, i believe it should be tough and the diffrence of the sound of the floorboard when you hit it with your hand on the inside is a dull thud now should be a lot quiter inside.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #319
McMurphy

Oh yeah, that looks very nice!
I was looking at the Dynamat for sound deadner as well... I have a Camaro catalog that has a section with all the Dynamat products in it.

Congrats!
I hear you about getting the itch!
We have direct sunlight now until 4pm, so it is light out when I get off work.... soon the snow will be gone as well, in another two or three months....

LOL

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Old 02-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #320
flips72

Quote:
Oh yeah, that looks very nice!
I was looking at the Dynamat for sound deadner as well... I have a Camaro catalog that has a section with all the Dynamat products in it.

Congrats!
I hear you about getting the itch!
We have direct sunlight now until 4pm, so it is light out when I get off work.... soon the snow will be gone as well, in another two or three months....

LOL
thanks McMurphy, i hear the dynamat is really expensive but i have heard there are some products that will do the same thing but like half the price. cant wait till the time change so it will stay light till 9. havnt done anything to the truck trying to get my driveway ready to concrete, hopefully they pour next week and i can get back to work.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #321
chevy_mike
Never Ending Projects

Great job on the cab floor. Looks really familiar. I used the same stuff but in black.

1965 Chevy C10, Long, Fleetside, Hot Rod C10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415702 SOLD

We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason... listen twice as much and speak half as often...
chevy_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #322
C@rnut001

Man that sure looks good on the bottom of your cab. Keep up the work and we love seeing your updates.
C@rnut001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #323
McMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy_mike View Post
Great job on the cab floor. Looks really familiar. I used the same stuff but in black.

Man if I ever get into salvaging and restoring these trucks as a retirement hobby/source of income i am soooo going to make me one of those tilt dollys for the cab... those look just too sweet and handy to ignore!!

Both your cab undersides look great !!

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Old 02-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #324
flips72

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy_mike View Post
your truck is coming along nicly, love the dash and the dolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by C@rnut001 View Post
Man that sure looks good on the bottom of your cab. Keep up the work and we love seeing your updates.
thanks c@rnut, glad to hear its warming up for yall up in alaska.
Quote:
Man if I ever get into salvaging and restoring these trucks as a retirement hobby/source of income i am soooo going to make me one of those tilt dollys for the cab... those look just too sweet and handy to ignore!!

Both your cab undersides look great !!
yeah i really liked the dolly also, not sure about getting into restos though i think i will just drive the heck out of mine and call it good
Old 02-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #325
flips72

i got one of those wild hairs today,after i kept staring at the floor and it being red and all, well it lead to me going ahead and spraying the firewall so heres a few pics
Attached Images