The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-02-2015, 12:45 PM   #1
GMCGrim

Angry Another Inline Tube Story

Well, after reading the threads about the ill fitting parts and poor customer service I should have known better but I did it anyway. I ordered a intermediate parking brake cable from them with all of correct information and you guessed it it was wrong. It was about 4-5 inches too short "really" are you kidding me!! This is a part that according to their website will fit my 3/4 ton 4x4. So now after waiting a week and a half to get the part I am right back where I started. I called them and I am now waiting for them to get in touch with me.I am hopeful that they will make it right. So we'll see how it goes.
GMCGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:01 PM   #2
bhc41051

Re: Another Inline Tube Story

You better call them. If you're waiting for them to call you, you're going to be waiting for a very, very long time.
bhc41051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:23 PM   #3
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

I've always had good luck with them, but things do happen. A thought - most all GMC K20 4x4's came with a DANA 60 rear as where a CHEV K20 4x4 had Eaton ho 52/72's. There could be a slight difference in lenghts in cables for the e-brake linkage. Hope this helps...

'71 SWB K/10 CUSTOM DELUXE (Chili)
'72 BLAZER K/5 Muscle Truck (Mule)
'72 LWB K/20 CHEYENNE (Blackie)
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:05 PM   #4
GMCGrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.PASSMORE View Post
I've always had good luck with them, but things do happen. A thought - most all GMC K20 4x4's came with a DANA 60 rear as where a CHEV K20 4x4 had Eaton ho 52/72's. There could be a slight difference in lenghts in cables for the e-brake linkage. Hope this helps...
That could be true and my GMC has a dana 60 rear axle but if there is a difference and you are in the business of selling aftermarket parts you should know that. Your catalog and website should make that distinction.
GMCGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:25 PM   #5
jeffahart

You know what! I called that company last summer after my corp 14 swap in the rear. They acted like I was bothering them. They emailed me the forms to fill out. I think the cable was going to be around a $100(maybe more, just remember way too much) just for the passenger side. I got pissed and went in the opposite direction. I got the cheap $20 Oreilly cable. I got for 1985 driver side. The sleeve was the correct length for passenger. I then just hooped the end with clamps in lieu of the ferrule. It ain't going no where and I got it the exact length I want. It dose kind of bug me that it's not a *****en cable because I like to do things right.

But I'll be dipped in $#it if some company is going to treat me like crap then ream me for over priced string because it's.... wait for it... here it comes... "Custom".
Attached Images

Last edited by jeffahart; 04-02-2015 at 05:30 PM.
jeffahart is offline   Reply With Quote