The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=368988)

faribran 02-12-2011 09:49 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

2 Attachment(s)
i put some disc brakes on the front today... and added some T/A wheels..

knuckledragger 02-12-2011 11:31 PM

Drilled the holes for the trans crossmember and bolted it in.Mocked up the e brake cables.Made the pivot for the shifter linkage.Por 15 the surface rust in the cab.Measured the drive shaft for cutting.

chevy_mike 02-14-2011 01:40 PM

Sunday I finally got around to swapping in my new turn signal switch assembly, re-centered the steering wheel and put my 1965 Chevrolet license plate frame on the front. Sure is nice to have self cancelling signals again.

Italia 02-14-2011 02:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Took out my stock gauge panel. Got my new custom gauge panel today. Put in turn signal lights and brights light in new gauge panel. Got them all wired up. Work great. Now just waiting on my gauges......

knuckledragger 02-14-2011 05:03 PM

Finished the column shifter linkage.Pulled the front clip out of storage and cleaned it with clr and undercoated the innerfenders. reinstalled the headers.Modified the mufflers.

61_FL_Apache 02-16-2011 07:51 PM

New/old license plate to be issued to my truck soon. This is where I started my yellow accent color. It might have had something to do with the Steelers too.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...censeplate.jpg

awbrown 02-16-2011 08:05 PM

Well since I just got it on monday , I have fixed the choke by installing a choke pulloff , installed a new dimmer switch, welded the exhaust back on ...tomorrow I take it for a test drive , after adjusting the brakes..

65Gregg 02-17-2011 01:54 PM

Took my headers off, removed my dist cap & wires, slowly getting everything loose to be ready to pull the engine. For some reason I don't remember the headers being such a pain in the rear going on as they were coming off.

knuckledragger 02-18-2011 10:08 PM

finished the c notch,started on the harness,rebuilt the carb and installed it.

awbrown 02-19-2011 08:17 PM

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...s/IMG_2006.jpg
Well I took the 63 out for it's maiden voyage today .. After tightening the headers , replacing the carb ,securing the trans dipstick tube , and adding fluid...... Then since I was so ambitious I adjusted the brakes , only to find out that some one mixed up 2 adjusters , side for side so they actually go the wrong way , I will fix that latter ... but got them adjusted and the pedal feels great ...replaced the thermostat gasket and tried to set the timing , but I am sure it has the wrong balancer on it, so I set it back after it seemed like it wanted to bind while turning it over ...Check the rear ratio , its a 3.08 non posi .. I do know before driving it again I am going to make a new shifter , the one on it has the wrong length arm , hard to find gears ....So anyways took my son around the block a few times , then the wife ... I think I need to make sure then is not a colony of mice in the heater , kind smells going down the road ... it kinda pops out the exhaust once and a while like it has a sticking valve , so I need to throw the vacuum gauge on it and see if I can figure it out.. other than that , it was a great day !! tThe wife says it needs a name . like valentine or mistress.. Ididnt see my wife all day monday when I was on the road towing it home.;)

jbgroby 02-19-2011 08:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
We got the cab mounted on the frame and bolted down. MILE STONE!! For those who missed it I save a plate for ya.

:metal::gmc2::bann::ennyd::four:

billybaloo 02-19-2011 09:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Installed the engine and transmission, Sandblasted the pulley's, alternator bracket then painted and install. Measured the belt and purchased and install. I can see light at the end of the tunnel. Tuesday brings Harmonic balancer bolt and new starter. It's scary when you call up Summit to order parts and the guy on the other end remembers your first name $$.
I think I'll call the truck Chevolds. 425 hp 455.

PGSigns 02-19-2011 09:39 PM

Well this is my first post to this thread and I got a lot done. I have been collecting parts for this truck since I got it a couple of months ago. Today I removed the rear shocks and springs. Let the truck down and marked it for the c notch. Removed the entire stock front suspension and got the right side replaced with the new stuff. Swapped in the 83 A arms and the 2 1/2 inch dropped spindles and got the bag hardware mounted to the cross member. Had the new arms prepped and ready to go all painted up and with all new ball joints and bushings. I had all ready modded the lower control arms for bags. Plan to get the front end all mounted up tomorrow. Will start on the power steering and power brakes next.
Jimmy

Surfdaddy 02-19-2011 10:11 PM

Dropped off parts at the plater for rechrome. Got the engine parts to get it on the 61 on the road, and, disassembled cleaned the extra mirrors. Stupid rain !! I'd bring the truck home today if it wasen't raining. There are only 2 seasons in California.... Summer and waiting for Summer.

knuckledragger 02-19-2011 10:13 PM

Sand blasted the inner fenders and painted them.Ran a tap through all of the front sheet metal mounting points.Might reunite them tomorrow!

onequickchevy 02-19-2011 11:12 PM

Put on a new starter, my old one was acting up. I also picked up a GMC grille, but I have to find the bezels now. Wish me luck on that one:lol:.

markeb01 02-19-2011 11:26 PM

Looks great! It's nice to see a genuine engine swap every now and then!

Quote:

Originally Posted by billybaloo (Post 4498271)
Installed the engine and transmission, Sandblasted the pulley's, alternator bracket then painted and install. Measured the belt and purchased and install. I can see light at the end of the tunnel. Tuesday brings Harmonic balancer bolt and new starter. It's scary when you call up Summit to order parts and the guy on the other end remembers your first name $$.
I think I'll call the truck Chevolds. 425 hp 455.

Vernski 02-19-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbgroby (Post 4498188)
We got the cab mounted on the frame and bolted down. MILE STONE!! For those who missed it I save a plate for ya.

:metal::gmc2::bann::ennyd::four:

Jbgroby that's going to be a nice:gmc2:when you get done. All those guys helping set the cab on kinda looks like a pissing contest, just kidding now:lol:
The plate of yummies looks good also...Vernski:barn:

daverod 02-20-2011 12:03 AM

Thought about getting my cab on. Then it snowed a bunch so I worked on my snowmachine. Going riding tomorrow.:metal: Then I'll put my cab on.

k1rodeoboater 02-20-2011 01:13 AM

69 Camaro tank mounting brackets and straps built and assembled. Tomorrow I'll be installing it into the truck, it got dark before we could do it.

I may run the lines and wiring tomorrow as well, but the tank can't be used till I get a gas cap for it.

nachodog2 02-20-2011 10:25 PM

4 Attachment(s)
added a turn signal switch and some indicator lights on the dash, added a new interior light with door activated switch and picked up a freebiee steering wheel that if it fits is going on.

Vics63Chevy 02-20-2011 11:46 PM

Took the original 3 on the tree manual tranny out of the truck!
http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...b/IMG_4740.jpg

By the way, I'm planning on selling this tranny since I have no use for it. How much do these go for?

Thanks guys

PAPA KENT 02-20-2011 11:53 PM

4 Attachment(s)
with new paint last weekend installed the doors and hardware,installed the tailgate.reinstall the glass tomorrow.

biohazardbill 02-21-2011 10:05 AM

Went from this:
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/images/.../65gmc_42s.jpg

to this:

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/images/...gettin_low.jpg

I know its 8 lug and just sitting on the axles at the moment, just waiting on some parts to come in to get it down the rest of the way.

70inline6 02-21-2011 02:51 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Purdy'd up the valve cover, installed the HEI dist., and put on the new alternator. It's starting to go back together now.... Maybe I will drive it this spring...