The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Photos ‘You took’ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=794025)

dieseldawg142 01-07-2022 03:40 PM

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

2 Attachment(s)
this guy came down our street and slid into the sidewalk.
sees my 2 trucks and asks if i can give him a yank...i would, but i can't even get into my trucks.
so i hear him over there revving the bejeezus out of it, after about 10 mins of spinning his tires up to 80mph, i heard a loud bang....
Attachment 2156497

and how his day is going now...:lol:
Attachment 2156498

72c20customcamper 01-07-2022 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 (Post 9015957)
ya, this really bites...
Attachment 2156492Attachment 2156493

the road in front of my house is covered in 3" of pure ice
Attachment 2156494

hope our power stays up. we lost it last night for 'bout 6 hrs...
now all you hear out there is branches and trees dropping everywhere...like flies
Attachment 2156495

can't even get into my beater, froze over
Attachment 2156496

That's a thick coating of ice

yuccales 01-08-2022 02:29 AM

Quote:

ya, this really bites...

That ice is crazy! I'm not going to complain about a little snow any more!

FleetsidePaul 01-08-2022 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 9016147)

X2. My wife is terrified of ice since she wiped out on it.

Redneck Rydes 01-08-2022 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 (Post 9015959)
this guy came down our street and slid into the sidewalk.
sees my 2 trucks and asks if i can give him a yank...i would, but i can't even get into my trucks.
so i hear him over there revving the bejeezus out of it, after about 10 mins of spinning his tires up to 80mph, i heard a loud bang....
Attachment 2156497

and how his day is going now...:lol:
Attachment 2156498

Well,at least he isn't stuck anymore!

special-K 01-08-2022 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 (Post 9015956)
i'd take the snow too....but we already have about 14-16" of snow under the ice...
almost an inch in spots- kills me seeing my toy like this...humbug :waah:

Can you walk on top of the snow? I see your doors are welded shut!

Jan '95 I will never forget. Overnight we got just a couple inches of snow, then sleet, then freezing rain by morning. The weird thing was, it was warm enough in the upper atmosphere for rain but down here it was bitter cold. So it froze hard instantly. And it was a hard steady rain, so it built up fast. No one got to clear anything off before we had a solid inch of hard ice on absolutely everything. Then, the whole month of January the temperature never got above freezing. Permafrost for a month! Two guys had a scaffold board on two ladder jacks on the side of a garage. They were maybe 6' off the ground, the ladders slipped out, and the fall killed both of them. There was no work at all on my project for about a month. The world was on hold. You had to literally chop out foot prints to walk anywhere. When it thawed, there were digging bar cuts into concrete everywhere. Tons of collateral damage.

Speaking of collateral damage. I had my '72 K/20 Cheyenne Super Custom Camper sitting out and it received a lot of damage. It had a re-paint on it and masked edges lifted. Some of the side trim and one fender emblem got wedged loose. And the day it finally warmed up, the glaciers sliding off ripped the wipers and antenna off

4u2nv 01-08-2022 08:29 AM

Quote:

ya, this really bites...
Attachment 2156492Attachment 2156493

the road in front of my house is covered in 3" of pure ice
Attachment 2156494

hope our power stays up. we lost it last night for 'bout 6 hrs...
now all you hear out there is branches and trees dropping everywhere...like flies
Attachment 2156495

can't even get into my beater, froze over
Attachment 2156496

Is there anything else that mother nature can do to you people in the west, seems like she never stops out there.

dieseldawg142 01-08-2022 08:15 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9016019)
That's a thick coating of ice

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 9016147)

ya it is a little thick, we've had worser, but it still bites when we get it...lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9016156)
X2. My wife is terrified of ice since she wiped out on it.

X2
my wife slid on the ice couple yrs ago and did a header, split her chin open.
of course i tried not to laugh.....ended up making the situation no better..

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9016173)
Can you walk on top of the snow? I see your doors are welded shut!

Jan '95 I will never forget. Overnight we got just a couple inches of snow, then sleet, then freezing rain by morning. The weird thing was, it was warm enough in the upper atmosphere for rain but down here it was bitter cold. So it froze hard instantly. And it was a hard steady rain, so it built up fast. No one got to clear anything off before we had a solid inch of hard ice on absolutely everything. Then, the whole month of January the temperature never got above freezing. Permafrost for a month! Two guys had a scaffold board on two ladder jacks on the side of a garage. They were maybe 6' off the ground, the ladders slipped out, and the fall killed both of them. There was no work at all on my project for about a month. The world was on hold. You had to literally chop out foot prints to walk anywhere. When it thawed, there were digging bar cuts into concrete everywhere. Tons of collateral damage.

Speaking of collateral damage. I had my '72 K/20 Cheyenne Super Custom Camper sitting out and it received a lot of damage. It had a re-paint on it and masked edges lifted. Some of the side trim and one fender emblem got wedged loose. And the day it finally warmed up, the glaciers sliding off ripped the wipers and antenna off

could walk across my yard yesterday without breaking thru, and ya, them doors were WELDED shut. we got lucky today, the temp climbed up to a balmy -2C (approx 28F) and me and the boy spent most of the day peeling ice off the vehicles, but we have got some collateral damage

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4u2nv (Post 9016176)
Is there anything else that mother nature can do to you people in the west, seems like she never stops out there.

yup, don't know why mother nature is so po'ed at us :lol:
first she fried us last summer with record breaking (for us) temps, 45C, 114F,
then a hundred days later she swamps us, now some nice winter weather. we definitely got our 4 seasons worth this year..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redneck Rydes (Post 9016164)
Well,at least he isn't stuck anymore!

thats what i love about this place, someone can always find the good in a bad situation....:lol::lol:

we have a hedge around our house and it took a beating. it's fallen into our house, garage, patio, getting close to my truck...
normally there is about 5' of space between my truck and camper and the hedge. it's leaning solidly on my camper and not liking how close it's getting to my truck
Attachment 2156753Attachment 2156754

it's also up on the side of my garage and my trailer carport. opened up a few holes where i can now see the neighbors house. bunch of branches just got too heavy and started snapping.
Attachment 2156758Attachment 2156759

it still looks kinda cool though. anyone from the '60's or '70's remember their mom having them glass balls in a bunch that you took and used for clackers till she caught ya and wringed your neck?
Attachment 2156760

dieseldawg142 01-08-2022 08:32 PM

5 Attachment(s)
falling into my carport, my patio, really pushing on my camper...
Attachment 2156770Attachment 2156771Attachment 2156774

kinda glad we couldn't reach the roof of the crewcab, it still had ice to cushion the blow when the ice fell off the overhead power lines. haven't been able to get the canopy door open to check, but it looks like it pushed part way thru the fiberglass
Attachment 2156772

our front hedge has got about 2' shorter...
but we're hoping to move later this yr or next yr. our house has become so dam valuable, we might be able to swing an early retirement. i was figuring "freedom 75", but may happen earlier, some developer bought the 3 houses across the street from me and is building them stupid monstrosities (there went our view of the mountains...) and a development sign just went up on 2 more houses 1 house away from me...:waah:
been looking at property up north, prices are more down to earth and every place we have looked at has acreage and....most importantly, a shop. everyone up there has a dump truck, logging truck, heavy equipment so everyone also has nice big shops :metal:
Attachment 2156778

yuccales 01-10-2022 08:33 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Did our first LEO appreciation run of 2022 yesterday. 24" of snow to this! :) Was fun for a smaller group.

FleetsidePaul 01-10-2022 01:19 PM

Dieseldawg, I'm going to quit complaining about the cold weather around here after seeing your photos.

Chevyland 01-13-2022 12:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Went to the game last weekend
We had pretty good seats

Warrens69GMC 01-13-2022 01:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)

68bowtie 01-13-2022 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyland (Post 9018290)
Went to the game last weekend
We had pretty good seats

Did you faint when he made eye contact with you? :)

68bowtie 01-23-2022 10:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello fresh and me are becoming really good friends…

Attachment 2160883

special-K 01-24-2022 06:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mmmmyummy! I'm a fresh ingredients guy myself.

Last week I had left over ground chicken taco meat and made a pizza with it. Salsa verde, Mexican four cheese blend, taco meat, refried black beans, chopped pablano pepper and onion bits (also cooked in the taco meat), and some pickled jalapeno slices. Out of the oven i crumbled some blue corn tortilla chips over it along with sazon and adobo.

Before going in
Attachment 2161130

I grilled marinated chicken breasts last night (smoky habanero). With leftovers I'm going to make another pizza tonight!

dieseldawg142 02-02-2022 06:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
some of our local mts the last few days
Attachment 2164558
Attachment 2164557

dieseldawg142 02-02-2022 06:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
a little bit of the snow on the mts melted....made a mess of the FSR's (and them glowing things are my dawgs eye's..)
Attachment 2164575

logging companys are bringing their equipment down off the mountain. them foresters are pretty big when ya park next to 'em. the cutting head alone is as big as my hood and prob weighs more than the whole truck...
Attachment 2164561

Boog 02-02-2022 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 (Post 9029036)
some of our local mts the last few days
Attachment 2164558
Attachment 2164557

I do believe Majestic applies here. Wow!

dagnabbitt 02-03-2022 10:16 PM

5 Attachment(s)
We've had a heck of a winter, even for us.

Steeveedee 02-03-2022 11:45 PM

I don't have any photos, but the story of our family moving to California from Minnesota includes a reported 38 cumulative feet of snow in Minneapolis, the year we moved out. I was 3+, so don't remember a lot of it. I'm hoping that I never see that kind of snowfall. I lived through 2 winters in Idaho; that was enough cold to last me a lifetime.

3757chevy 02-03-2022 11:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This morning.

dagnabbitt 02-04-2022 12:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dagnabbitt (Post 9029607)
We've had a heck of a winter, even for us.

PS, I wanted them to run awhile to get the fuel moving, and everyone of these trucks started up when I turned the key. None of the Fords did though.

Warrens69GMC 02-04-2022 12:51 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Dana

FleetsidePaul 02-04-2022 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 9029641)
This morning.

Holy cow!!!!:eek:

I had to go to the Post Office today. They wont deliver to my house in Weldon because of the dirt road. If it doesn't fit in my mailbox at the end of the road I have to pick it up. I don't mind, it's close, and they all know me and are real friendly. There's never a line (small town) Just the occasional old bity that won't stop talking. I never say anything. I respect my elders. And it takes quite a bit to be older than me.

My wife said that we probably had a couple packages there.

I walked in and said that my wife said that we may have a couple of packages.

They started laughing and said "you're going to need to borrow a box Paul'.

It seems that my wife went on a little shopping spree on the internet.

I'm going to return the box tomorrow. My wife told me that there was more coming tomorrow. :smoke:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...ost_office.jpg