The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Its Gone!!! hit by a DUI (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=267953)

Jerry Jones 02-17-2008 04:15 AM

Re: Its Gone!!! hit by a DUI

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinr1970 (Post 2581520)
Funny in a ironic way, but these are the links at the top of the screen for the thread Liz posted to find my way here:

:dohh: :lol:

hilljob26 02-20-2008 10:11 AM

that stinks

mvpco 03-04-2008 01:32 AM

Quote:

Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

1LoC10 03-04-2008 06:08 AM

looks to be good up till the back doors... you ever think of cutting it behind the doors and building a crew cab truck?

mvpco 03-04-2008 06:45 AM

Yes, I just dont have the talent to do that.

Boog 03-04-2008 07:03 AM

Well I hate to hear it Jeff but I understand. It may be easier for you to collect what money you can and start over on something else. Got anything in mind?

Chevy454 03-05-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

I tried that too. Since this is property damage, thats all I can recover, just the property damage. I would have to retain a Lawyer($$) then give them 1/3 of the property damage settlement.
Same thing happened to me...had our enclosed car trailer in front of our shop, someone jumped the ditch and landed in the middle of our trailer...OUR insurance paid *some*, but we were out about 3 grand just to get our trailer back in "usable" condition...lawyer costs would have came out of our pockets, so we cut our losses.

There is no such thing as accountability any more...

mvpco 03-09-2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 2607964)
Well I hate to hear it Jeff but I understand. It may be easier for you to collect what money you can and start over on something else. Got anything in mind?

I would love to do a 3/4 ton Long Horn. But I will keep the wife happy and put that on the back burner for awhile to all settles.

mal68ibu 05-10-2008 06:38 PM

[quote=mvpco;2467821]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy454 (Post 2467723)
We had our 45ft 2-car enclosed gooseneck trailer parked in front of our shop one day...all balck, triple axles, aluminum wheels, decked out inside, less than a handful of years old...so you can get an idea of what it cost us. Anyway, one of our lots has about 100' of highway frontage...one day, dad & I are bumming around town, when a local says "bummer about your trailer". We said "what do you mean", and he tells us "you know, the trailer that the truck & trailer ran through!". We jump in the truck, run over to the shop, and when we pull up, there is a mid-90s 1-ton Dodge flatbed w/gooseneck horse trailer SITTING IN THE @SS END OF OUR TRAILER! It had ran off the road, crossed a head high drainage ditch, knocked over a 4ft high wall/culvert, then ran through and into the side of our car trailer. Guy says someone pulled out in front him, so he took the ditch, and the trailer took one for the team.

WOW! thats what is going on with me now, It is amazing what INS companys get away with. You think your covered...BUT YOUR NOT!
They tell you anything to get your business and then when you need them, they tell you everything to not payup......

I am learning some interesting things.

They should have a TV show that exposes this maybe called: "SO you THINK your Covered".....

I just got the estimate to fix the fence, $894.00 My ded is $500 so I guess I get a check gor $394 Sweeet, what a deal.........thanks.....

sorry to vent

I haven't finished reading all the post yet but heres my two cents. I'm insured with state farm and have my Chevelle fully covered. I got it apraised at the time for $18K and asked some very pointed questions to my agent such as "what if an uninsured mexican crosses the highway in his bronco with his lights out at night and I T-bone him? Is my car going to be fixed weather or not hes covered or if he runs back to Mexico?" Yes this happened to my friends 69 Elky. My answer was my car would be fixed or I'd get a check, so we bumped up the insurance price to $25K. After about an hour or so I was pretty much convinced that I had "its not my fault" insurance for my car. Granted I drive my Chevelle very infrequently which helps keep the insurance cost down but I've been very happy with my agent. Chevelles are getting harder and harder to get at a reasonable price now, not that old trucks are common as dirt but i'd seriously look into specialty insurance if you have anything into your ride and do not drive it frequently. Its a little tougher if you drive it all the time. I'm basically stuck saving receipts for everything for my GMC because its my work truck. If it was totaled I'd be a$$ out as no insurance company would pony up the money I've got into it without receipts and then they will just depreciate my cash value.

Chevy454 05-10-2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

I haven't finished reading all the post yet but heres my two cents. I'm insured with state farm and have my Chevelle fully covered. I got it apraised at the time for $18K and asked some very pointed questions to my agent such as "what if an uninsured mexican crosses the highway in his bronco with his lights out at night and I T-bone him? Is my car going to be fixed weather or not hes covered or if he runs back to Mexico?" Yes this happened to my friends 69 Elky. My answer was my car would be fixed or I'd get a check, so we bumped up the insurance price to $25K. After about an hour or so I was pretty much convinced that I had "its not my fault" insurance for my car. Granted I drive my Chevelle very infrequently which helps keep the insurance cost down but I've been very happy with my agent. Chevelles are getting harder and harder to get at a reasonable price now, not that old trucks are common as dirt but i'd seriously look into specialty insurance if you have anything into your ride and do not drive it frequently. Its a little tougher if you drive it all the time. I'm basically stuck saving receipts for everything for my GMC because its my work truck. If it was totaled I'd be a$$ out as no insurance company would pony up the money I've got into it without receipts and then they will just depreciate my cash value.
That's good advice, but...on your classic stuff, make darn sure you get an agreed value policy...otherwise, if something happens you may only get what *they* feel as a replacement cost, not what *you* feel is a replacement cost.

And on stuff that actually gets driven/towed, all the insurance company has to do is deny liability on the part of their client, and then guess what happens...yep, you are forced to sue out of your own pocket. Happened to me, happened to a good buddy of mine also...insurance is a RACKET.

bondski06 07-24-2008 05:47 PM

.....that really blows....its too bad he wasn't driving what I hit last winter...I had an old (and I mean OLD) lady pull out in front of my '68 C-10 last winter in her brand new Toyota Prius....I hit her at a little over 35mph...I ended up on the curb with a bent bumper, twisted grill, and completely raped right front fender (and trim).....I lost the sidemarker lens and the brace I had in that fender........her car had turned almost 180 degrees and the whole front end was ripped off and strewn down the street for about a block, the car was leaking fluids all over the place....but she got put onto a flatbed and I started my pickup and drove home...I didn't have seatbelts in the truck yet and if the car had been bigger and my steering wheel had been smaller I would've been somewhere down the street too...........but anyway...she had full coverage and was at fault so I got $2,030 out of the truck (which I kept) that I paid about $700 for...

CLTBurban 07-24-2008 10:56 PM

Is the burb still complete, and how much are you asking for it at the moment? I have an almost identical '72 (but 3/4 and barn doors). I'd be interested in buying it.

Thanks,
Scott

Boog 07-24-2008 11:06 PM

You might consider sending Jeff a pm as he may not be keeping tabs on this thread any longer.

CLTBurban 07-25-2008 07:22 AM

Many thanks Boog.

2nd_wnd 07-25-2008 12:17 PM

heck, i'd love to use the 72 door panels in my 71 suburban.

Longhorn Man 07-25-2008 05:06 PM

lets not turn this into a parts thread.

quandel_garage 10-16-2008 12:52 AM

Dang man should have whipped his A$$ !

mvpco 10-16-2008 09:26 PM

sorry, I have not been following the thread, trying to forget it. I have found a nice 72 C-20 long bed same color as the burd, has A/C tooo. it is at a Real Estate agency, I am waiting for the right time to ask(no money).

The guy has made 1 payment (in March) and has skipped town the Probation Officer said. so maybe(doubt it) on day things will go my way. Now just drooling

thanks!!!!

Jeff Smith
Pensacola, FL

yellowdawg 01-08-2011 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvpco (Post 2933424)
sorry, I have not been following the thread, trying to forget it. I have found a nice 72 C-20 long bed same color as the burd, has A/C tooo. it is at a Real Estate agency, I am waiting for the right time to ask(no money).

The guy has made 1 payment (in March) and has skipped town the Probation Officer said. so maybe(doubt it) on day things will go my way. Now just drooling

thanks!!!!

Jeff Smith
Pensacola, FL

updates?

watahyahknow 01-08-2011 01:57 AM

never did trust insurance companies like you said they prommise a lot and dont deliver , make sure those promises are in writing and sighned and if its worth it have the item insured validated yearly by a licenced validator
the only insurance i have is basic car insurance to pay for damage i make to the other party and a insurance for when i need a lawyer in a civil case to get my money if it isnt my fault , there are ways to have that done by youre insurance but there not trying real hard if sumting like this happens :
friend of mine had someone drive intoo his brand new beamer , it turned out the guilty party responsible was insured by the same company he was , it made for some verry interesting wiggling from told insurancecompany to get from under the claim and a raise in the premium on the insurance of the NON guilty party , a non biased lawyer wouldve been verry helpfull in that

capev86 01-10-2011 02:51 AM

too bad its too late to get some parts off that guy that parting a rust free burb......it was the same mustard yellow too!

mvpco 01-29-2011 11:03 AM

Jan 29, 2011

Only received 1 pmt of $150 from the DUI Driver, Now he is gone! City did nothing! $10,000 down the drain.

Amazing!

Still drooling to get another one one day!!!

Jeff

msgross 01-29-2011 11:16 AM

wow, that's sad... civil lawsuit anyone?

watahyahknow 01-29-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvpco (Post 4446833)
Jan 29, 2011

Only received 1 pmt of $150 from the DUI Driver, Now he is gone! City did nothing! $10,000 down the drain.

Amazing!

Still drooling to get another one one day!!!

Jeff

get some company to collect that cash or have them sell his home/stuff/car/bike off (preferably the car and bike so he cant hit anything else while intoxicated ) untill he payed the bill , there a couple around that do that for a fee on a no cure no pay basis you have the court disicion so youre in youre right to do so , its allso possible to block his bankaccount if he's not doing as he's told , it only becomes problematic if he doesnt have an income

capev86 01-29-2011 04:03 PM

if the town can't get it's rear in gear, talk to your congressman!

there are a lot of car friendly people in the political world.

and SEMA is very involved in every state, too!

just because these are old vehicles with low blue book value does not give insurance companies the right to screw you over. they are rare and collectible and that @$$ wrecked one of the cleanest examples around.

do not give up, and don't junk your burb....it must have a lot of good parts on it, or maybe you could find a donor that is descent enough to make patch panels out of. much of the lower sheet metal is available aftermarket including burb tail light area patches.

if this had happened to me, i'd be in everybody's face until my truck was good as new. this wasn't an accidental fender bender out on the road, this guy seriously messed up and he needs to pay. i

think the next 10 years.....12 hours work plus 6 hours community service on top of that, seven days a week...yeah, that's a good start!!!

oh...maybe restoring your truck could be a future feature on Trucks (Powerblock).....they are taking project ideas from the audience......enter online.....just an idea.....