The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   PO has me PO'd (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=210641)

jaros44sr 03-29-2008 01:53 AM

Re: PO has me PO'd

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Greg72 (Post 2649811)
Subscribed.....

Can't believe I never saw this one until now. Your rocker and cab support photos are all too familiar to me lately.

Post up your progress, I don't go over to CK5 anymore. Kurt said you have it blown apart

jb4short 03-29-2008 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hgs_notes (Post 2649760)
For a perspective from the rust belt...that cab looks already restored to me. j/k, but seriously, it hardly warrents a complete floor replacement. Is the cost of the sheetmetal and labor to replace a complete floor cheaper or easier than just patching those areas that need it? Even after the floor is done, cab corners and rockers and maybe lower pillars, etc. will still need work in most rusted cabs.

BTW this cab looked great from the top. By the time you do front and rear cab floor supports, outer floors, floors, etc. I think you're ahead of the game with this full floor. Even if I wasn't selling them I would have used our competitor's.

jaros44sr 03-29-2008 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tri-ProAutomotive (Post 2649915)
BTW this cab looked great from the top. By the time you do front and rear cab floor supports, outer floors, floors, etc. I think you're ahead of the game with this full floor. Even if I wasn't selling them I would have used our competitor's.

With the floor patch it runs an extra 8", so you have to calculate your cut and 90 degree bend to match up to the factory seam, this floorboard is already to drop in...Work on your lower A and B, rocker panel and your dun

Blizz 03-29-2008 03:13 AM

Question, I may have to do the full floor replacement. It looks like you have the floor that has the floor supports and braces attached. I had already bought the floor supports so I'm wondering if I can get away with buying the naked floor and weld the supports that I already have to it? Or should I just try to sell all the sheet metal that I have and buy the complete (with supports and braces) floor? The reason I ask is because it's more that a $100 price difference between the two when all that's different is the supports that I already own. That $100 could go towards shipping.

jaros44sr 03-29-2008 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blizz (Post 2649961)
Question, I may have to do the full floor replacement. It looks like you have the floor that has the floor supports and braces attached. I had already bought the floor supports so I'm wondering if I can get away with buying the naked floor and weld the supports that I already have to it? Or should I just try to sell all the sheet metal that I have and buy the complete (with supports and braces) floor? The reason I ask is because it's more that a $100 price difference between the two when all that's different is the supports that I already own. That $100 could go towards shipping.

Sure, you could do that, but either way works. Just more work for you. Soooo, you want to put this in a Blazer/Jimmy? Post up lots of pics., Pls

If it's jimmy bound, you won't need the rear supports

Blizz 03-29-2008 03:23 AM

It's for a Blazer and I'd be in WAY over my head so I'd probably have some body guys do it on the side for me...but the floors are pretty bad and it's even gone up the seat supports which aren't in any pans that I know of. So this looks like the best way to go. I'd just hate to spend $120 more to just get the parts that I already have pre-attached. I'm sure I could handle that much. Btw, this complete floor replacement....pretty much has to be done off the frame correct?

jaros44sr 03-29-2008 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blizz (Post 2649985)
It's for a Blazer and I'd be in WAY over my head so I'd probably have some body guys do it on the side for me...but the floors are pretty bad and it's even gone up the seat supports which aren't in any pans that I know of. So this looks like the best way to go. I'd just hate to spend $120 more to just get the parts that I already have pre-attached. I'm sure I could handle that much. Btw, this complete floor replacement....pretty much has to be done off the frame correct?

If it is rusted into the seat pans, then yes full floorboard is the way to go. Careful tho, trucks don't have the crossbrace for the forward sear mount, like jimmies do, so save yours as you will need to reinstall it. I don't know if you can get it under the floorpan and on top of the braces that run parallel to the frame.

It may be possible to do it with it still on the frame, considering how the pan drops in from the top

Blizz 03-29-2008 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 2650041)
I don't know if you can get it under the floorpan and on top of the braces that run parallel to the frame.

You mean if I were to get the complete floor with supports and braces? So then for me, the naked floor would be the best way to go?

Chevyman63 03-29-2008 04:29 AM

So...are you done yet? :lol:

You da man Jim! I can't wait to see this installed.

But shouldn't you be working on the Jimmy? You have a deadline you know. :lol:

jaros44sr 03-29-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blizz (Post 2650050)
You mean if I were to get the complete floor with supports and braces? So then for me, the naked floor would be the best way to go?

Just look into it more, because I haven't dun it, so I can't say. But the naked floor sounds like the rite way to go
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyman63 (Post 2650082)
So...are you done yet? :lol:

You da man Jim! I can't wait to see this installed.

But shouldn't you be working on the Jimmy? You have a deadline you know. :lol:

Thanks Tim, yeah I'm working with the date in mind. You done getting the old girl blasted yet?

Chevyman63 03-29-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 2650784)
Thanks Tim, yeah I'm working with the date in mind. You done getting the old girl blasted yet?

Not yet, my project funds are a little low right now so I've been slowly gathering parts and waiting for the weather to break. Also been busy lately...life. :crazy:

So I just watch you guys go to town on yours for now. Looking good!

jaros44sr 03-29-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyman63 (Post 2650796)
Not yet, my project funds are a little low right now so I've been slowly gathering parts and waiting for the weather to break. Also been busy lately...life. :crazy:

So I just watch you guys go to town on yours for now. Looking good!

Yeah, I know where your coming from, over the years many a project stalled for differant reasons. Hang in there, they usually get back on track, unless you have 5 feet of snow like Kurt:lol:

jaros44sr 03-30-2008 02:12 AM

Got alittle work dun today, cleaned up some seams. Weird thing is GM put some kinda weldable seam sealer,and where there wasn't any it was rusty, don't know where it went...it stinks when you get it hot

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...replace360.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...replace359.jpg

jaros44sr 04-02-2008 02:31 AM

Update more rusty floor gone

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...replace363.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...replace362.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...replace361.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...replace364.jpg

Blizz 04-02-2008 05:06 AM

so THAT'S what you're doing with the floor. How are you going to brace it once you cut the braces off?

jaros44sr 04-02-2008 05:30 AM

I have access to an overhead 'I' beam, thought I could hang the cab by the firewall to give it support. We'll see how it goes, may change my idea as the work progresses. I would like to have the doors on, before I make the final cuts...

vtblazer 04-02-2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 2650800)
Yeah, I know where your coming from, over the years many a project stalled for differant reasons. Hang in there, they usually get back on track, unless you have 5 feet of snow like Kurt :lol:

:banghead: got that right Jim...
Good news though, 50 degrees and windy today, that'll take alot away.

Might I suggest starting up another thread...?
This new project deserves it's own spot light for sure. ;)

Any more progress made in the basement?
I looked across the field at mine the other day. :rolleyes:

Chevyman63 04-02-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtblazer (Post 2657290)

How about that wind. I'm sitting here wondering if the house is going to blow over. They're saying 50 mph today. But at least it's warm.

I agree on the thread, this is quite a project and one of the first I've seen using the new floor.

And Kurt, were you looking at your Blazer or swb, or is there another one that we don't know about yet?

vtblazer 04-02-2008 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyman63 (Post 2657298)
How about that wind. I'm sitting here wondering if the house is going to blow over. They're saying 50 mph today. But at least it's warm.

I agree on the thread, this is quite a project and one of the first I've seen using the new floor.

And Kurt, were you looking at your Blazer or swb, or is there another one that we don't know about yet?

Yeah, was talking about the blazer build.
Up there today working on the yellow blazer, as soon as it's done, mines in! :devil:

Chevyman63 04-02-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtblazer (Post 2657304)
Up there today working on the yellow blazer, as soon as it's done, mines in! :devil:

Now that's good news! :metal:

jaros44sr 04-02-2008 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtblazer (Post 2657290)

The actual build is in the projects...Grant Wheelen Project, I'm not the project manager on it:lol: If I find my cheet of paper to tell me how to link it, I'll post it up. It's a pretty cool project, check it out

I'm trying to figure out how to put a full floorboard in a Jimmy, and I thought the fit was good here. Maybe if we put in Tim's he'll be ready for the Mich. run:lol:
From what I can tell, the crossmember is an issue, and you have to cut out the low hump, and shorten the lenght and reflange it to a 90 degree bend

Oh yes the one in the basement, forgot about her... new nose job, '67 cowl hood and inner fenders. Scap the '72 grille suround and build new eyebrows to match the '67 hood lenght
I'll try to post up pics next time
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyman63 (Post 2657298)

He used to have a Suburban back there too! Almost bought the front clip off of it

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtblazer (Post 2657304)

:metal:

Chevyman63 04-02-2008 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 2657640)
I'm trying to figure out how to put a full floorboard in a Jimmy, and I thought the fit was good here. Maybe if we put in Tim's he'll be ready for the Mich. run:lol:
From what I can tell, the crossmember is an issue, and you have to cut out the low hump, and shorten the lenght and reflange it to a 90 degree bend. :metal:

I'm hoping I'll just have to replace inner and outer rockers, A and B posts and kick panels. The rocker/torsion boxes are in good shape and the floor looks pretty good too. But you know how that goes. I think I'll have more work with the firewall/windshield frame swap. The donor tub is in much better shape than the original was. Should be fun! I'm sure I'll have tons of questions for both of you seasoned pro's.

jaros44sr 04-02-2008 10:54 PM

That's it! No more calling me names:lol:

Chevyman63 04-02-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 2657895)

Sorry. :lol: :lol:

jaros44sr 04-03-2008 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyman63 (Post 2657925)
Sorry. :lol: :lol:

Ya can call Kurt that, he likes it:lol:

Chevyman63 04-03-2008 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 2658182)

Thanks for the heads up. :lol:

vtblazer 04-03-2008 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyman63 (Post 2657695)
I'm sure I'll have tons of questions for both of you seasoned pro's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 2657895)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 2658182)

He's only sayin' that cause I flamed him last week for saying something similar to me!

How ya liking it now Jim? Huh? :lol:

jb4short 04-03-2008 03:06 AM

so; can the one piece floor be used for the Blazer if the horizontal support were added during construction?

jaros44sr 04-03-2008 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tri-ProAutomotive (Post 2658279)
so; can the one piece floor be used for the Blazer if the horizontal support were added during construction?

Yes! That would be a big help, still may be doable as is, but you would have to take off the longatudes as I don't think you can slip the brace under it. I guess the trucks don't have it...

Can it be dun on your end???

jaros44sr 04-03-2008 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtblazer (Post 2658231)
He's only sayin' that cause I flamed him last week for saying something similar to me!

How ya liking it now Jim? Huh? :lol:

I was going to quote you on the PM ya sent me, but I thought I'd let ya voice it yourself:lol: Guess I don't like the receiving end afterall:lol:the throwing end is much more fun

jb4short 04-03-2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 2658298)
Yes! That would be a big help, still may be doable as is, but you would have to take off the longatudes as I don't think you can slip the brace under it. I guess the trucks don't have it...

Can it be dun on your end???

I guess that's what I'm asking. During the construction of the assembly a horizontal could be added; but what other differences are there?

jaros44sr 04-03-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tri-ProAutomotive (Post 2659069)
I guess that's what I'm asking. During the construction of the assembly a horizontal could be added; but what other differences are there?

So far, just the low hump has to be cut out

jaros44sr 04-04-2008 01:55 AM

Got some more cutting dun today, including my finger and nail:lol:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...replace365.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...replace366.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...replace367.jpg
Mo fugly, or what?
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...replace369.jpg

Chevyman63 04-04-2008 01:57 AM

Good job...and do you still have all 10 digits?

Looks like you had a little rust hiding in there.

jaros44sr 04-04-2008 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyman63 (Post 2659818)
Good job...and do you still have all 10 digits?

10 digits yes, just a notch in the finger and nail

Chevyman63 04-04-2008 02:02 AM

Ouch!! :eek:

jaros44sr 04-04-2008 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyman63 (Post 2659823)
Ouch!! :eek:

Yeah, I won't be trimming that one for awhile:lol:

jb4short 04-04-2008 02:18 AM

Jim really takes hacking himself up well

jaros44sr 04-04-2008 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tri-ProAutomotive (Post 2659840)
Jim really takes hacking himself up well

So much for the cut proof gloves:lol:CORPSMAN

red71cheyenne 04-04-2008 11:18 AM

Rub some dirt on it and get back to work!