The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My Facetruck thread. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=752660)

Steeveedee 10-07-2020 09:47 PM

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8819516)
I dunno. Depends on the ratio.

:lol: "So, you want the 2.56 or the 6.88 gears?"

Can you imagine spinning nearly 7 times faster than the tires? Schwing! I'd have to say that spinning 2.56 times faster is a small consolation.

Ol Blue K20 10-07-2020 11:00 PM

It doesn't look like fun to me.....it would make me barf!

davischevy 10-12-2020 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been melancholy the last couple of days. I mentioned a while back that my friend John Watkins was fighting Pancreatic Cancer. John lost his fight Friday night.

He is in a better place now, but it makes me think about the purpose of life. John was a good husband, father and successful business man. He worked until less than two years ago, and retired to focus on his family and hot rods.

We have been going to Good Guys Des Moines with John and his family for several years. This year our kids wanted to go to the Rockies, so we went that way. John called from Des Moines while we were on the road, and we had a good talk. I don't feel guilty about not going to Des Moines this year, but it would have been nice to be there for John's last car show.

Rest in piece John.

Chevyland 10-12-2020 09:34 PM

Rest in peace John
Larry, I know the feeling
I lost 3 friends this year to cancer

I say it everyday to my wife
‘Life is good’

We only have a short time here on earth
Don’t take it for granted

https://youtu.be/_9TShlMkQnc

flashed 10-12-2020 10:20 PM

Im sorry for the loss of your friends Guys , Cancer Sucks . It looks like mine is trying to make a come back .

davischevy 10-12-2020 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashed (Post 8821676)
Im sorry for the loss of your friends Guys , Cancer Sucks . It looks like mine is trying to make a come back .

Sorry to hear that John.

72 tigger 10-13-2020 06:00 AM

Praying for you guys. A reminder to me to make the most of everyday

Ol Blue K20 10-13-2020 06:15 AM

I'm sorry Larry, my condolences to you and John's family and friends.

Ol Blue K20 10-13-2020 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashed (Post 8821676)

I'm sorry to hear this John. Stay on top of it and do what the doctor says. I'm sending good thoughts your way..

'63GENIII 10-14-2020 03:07 AM

Prayers out to all of you.

Larry and Chevyland, Im sorry for your losses.

Flashed.. what Dale said. Stay on it and don't give it an inch.

special-K 10-14-2020 05:37 AM

I'm sorry to hear about Dave. It sure sucks when death becomes a better place, but I get your meaning. Certainly not what he deserved.

John, buddy, you will be in my thoughts until I hear better news. I know you're a survivor

davischevy 10-14-2020 10:10 PM

5 Attachment(s)
We laid John to rest today.

We had a good laugh, and I can't help thinking John was laughing with us, knowing how many times John and I dealt with the "old car blues" in our travels.

I drove the red and white super because it is one of my most dependable rides. We stopped for fuel on the way and when I tried to start it, nothing. A friend ran me back to the shop in his Schwartz chassis, LS3, Tremec six speed, 72 SWB. We got there quick.

I jumped in the Longhorn with tools, and the starting problem turned out to be a loose battery cable.

Then when we were leaving the cemetery, ours friends 50 Ford custom wouldn't start. It never gives trouble.

John was a jokester, and I think John was messing with us.

'63GENIII 10-14-2020 11:58 PM

My Father always told me that a good measure of a man's life is the number of people that come to pay their respects.

From the looks of it, John was loved and touched many peoples lives.

Rest well John...when you're not busy pranking your buddies.

special-K 10-15-2020 12:02 AM

You live in God's country. John lived in a good place

Ol Blue K20 10-15-2020 08:47 AM

He had a lot of buddies from the look of that parking lot. A lot of nice cars....

prairewolf 10-16-2020 05:32 AM

I read John's obituary, One of lifes good guys. I am sorry for your loss.

davischevy 10-23-2020 10:31 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Beautiful day yesterday, so my car/coffee shop buddies and I went for a ride on our RZR's.

special-K 10-24-2020 07:03 AM

Car/Coffee/RZR buddies it looks like. Those are some old school pictures.

GOPAPA 10-28-2020 11:22 AM

Highway 9 goes thru Shirley Ar where my Sis used to live nearby.. I acually looked at Mountain Home for a move to retire some years ago ,,pretty popular place for people from everywhere to move to...

Are you one of the guys carrying a spare tire ? I really do not know exactly why I ask ,,just do not see spare tires on them rigs ..

davischevy 10-28-2020 11:29 AM

People from everywhere in Mt. Home, most from the Chicago area.

Lots of quality medical services at Mt. Home. I had a hernia surgery there a few years ago.

My machine is the narrow one with the spare mounted up high. It's the trail model. I give up a little bit of ride quality, but I can squeeze between trees easier. I run the tires at low pressure, to help the ride.

Killer Bee 11-04-2020 09:33 PM

Snap-on is so delicious :metal:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/z4ytrq3m84p...25356.jpg?dl=0

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/47ko1dhrne8...0x480.jpg?dl=0

davischevy 11-04-2020 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 8831600)

What have you done KB?

Killer Bee 11-05-2020 12:50 AM

oh nothing, just registering new scan tools for a couple of my shops :D

seems we can't get through a single day without a CEL or MIL light anymore :rolleyes:

had to order enough for each shop, too much labor and downtime running around borrowing scan tools..

our laptops cover most of the HD but Cummins Insite, Detroit DDEC, Cat ET, etc. proprietary software for bidirectional comms gets too expensive to maintain annual subscriptions for each satellite shop..

Pro-Link was bought out by Snap-on and they've come a long way for HD and LMT third party diag.. J1939, J1708, and OBDII protocols built in :)

Modis covers our light duty now that our older Solus tools are no longer software supported..

ya know, just dummy mekanikin' stuff :lol:

the steak brand was just a fun toy my buddies and I used to display our tool snobiness :lol:

Killer Bee 11-10-2020 04:41 PM

I can hardly wait.....

https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...23&oe=5FD1C820

davischevy 11-10-2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 8834164)

I resemble that remark.