The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Blazer retractable convertible top (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=405625)

zammer 02-18-2016 04:55 PM

Re: Blazer retractable convertible top

3 Attachment(s)
Hey
well i got the truck home and i am very happy with the paint color
chosen without seeing it first besides other trucks online. The bodywork looks great also.
So.. I waited a couple weeks to post since i've been home as i had an incident with the blazer on the 500 mile journey home and i'm just coming around to accepting that i was rushing to get it home and should have checked things closer ..

The blazer shifted in the trailer only 2-3" on a large bump in the road when i was almost home and rubbed up against the inside wheel well of the enclosed trailer and took off a huge chunk of paint off the quarter panel and gave it a nice 1/4" dent to boot. To make things even worse that rear trunk lid that was gapped perfectly wasn't bolted down good enough ( i should have checked in hindsight) and chipped all the way around the rear section of the truck.

So ya at the time when i seen the damage when i stopped for fuel not too far from home i was literally sick to my stomach esp after just plunking down a large sum of cash on the paint/body work after waiting for 8 months..

I've come to realize that it is only cosmetic and it was going to get a scratch eventually... but why did it have to be another couple k's worth or body work and paint before even driving it ~~ damn!

Attachment 1500497

Attachment 1500498

Attachment 1500499

richard2717 02-18-2016 05:01 PM

Looks killer, sorry to see the damage.

zammer 02-18-2016 05:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here she is in the trailer, super tight in there but it was perfect for the long drive. I had it strapped down well too and the front crossmember was even air out on a 6x6 timber..
Attachment 1500500

YBNORML 02-18-2016 05:16 PM

Damn! I was just about to ask when it was gonna be done when I saw this! Sorry about your luck, but at least you have the right attitude! Still looks awesome man. I'll try and find some time to come out and see it.

zammer 02-18-2016 05:23 PM

ya pretty bad luck. i was not pleased but i'll take this as another lesson in life and another handsome donation to my favorite bodyshop ~

smbrouss70 02-18-2016 05:23 PM

As my painter buddy says, "It's only paint!" It's easy for them to say that since they can fix it in a weekend, huh?

It does look good with the right wheels and hunkered down, though.

zammer 02-18-2016 05:29 PM

for sure the first thing i did was get the billet wheels on unreal the difference
i noticed i'm not as scared to work on the rest of the truck now as i thought i would be since it needs another paint job anyways :lol: still damn!

A1971Blazer 02-18-2016 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zammer (Post 7490969)
for sure the first thing i did was get the billet wheels on unreal the difference
i noticed i'm not as scared to work on the rest of the truck now as i thought i would be since it needs another paint job anyways :lol: still damn!

In the immortal words of Forrest Gump "sh¡t happens".......it sucks but soon it will all be just a bad memory......bad azz rig....:metal:

flashed 02-18-2016 06:40 PM

As bad as that looks and it does really suck that it happened it could have been worse .I had a friend (gone now) that had his new tow rig ,enclosed trailer and $200,000 Chevelle convertible destroyed when a tractor trailer ran him off the road .But Im lookin g forward to seeing your rig good as new again soon.

zammer 02-18-2016 07:02 PM

~ thanks for the excellent words of wisdom and compliments guys ~
proceeding onto finishing the exhaust dumps and getting bumpers and lights on this week,
its a race to get as much done as poss to get the safety done and on the road.
Once the snow clears enough to get on driveway here i'll try to post better pictures
to show the real blue in better light as it looks pretty dark in the shop
kris

chevnkevin 02-20-2016 12:03 AM

congrats on getting it home
bummer about the damage
i have followed your build as i was looking to do some sort of top work also
decided to go with a bimini style top ...its in the works
would like to meet if you want as i am in sherwood park and i know jason too
keep on plugging away summer is almost here

zammer 02-22-2016 11:38 AM

Hey Kevin, for sure we will have to meet up some time.
great to see another Blazer close by, look forward to seeing the bimini top
idea you came up with
Kris

zammer 03-20-2016 10:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey got the blaze out today for a dose of vitiman D and shot some pictures..
This will be cruise height aired up.. Working on finishing up the electrical work and then onto getting the interior seats in and then windshield.

Attachment 1512645

zammer 03-20-2016 10:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1512650

zammer 03-20-2016 10:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For some reason I have to add these pictures separately ..

Attachment 1512651

flashed 03-21-2016 07:23 AM

Looks great ,cant wait to see more .

jjzepplin 03-21-2016 06:09 PM

Eye Candy!

zammer 03-23-2016 03:09 PM

thanks!
I'm really enjoying the different look it gives off every time I add some more chrome or hardware.. New door locks on order and grill trims...
I had new grill trim for 6 years in packaging but when I went to finally mount them they were bent bad just from shipping and being handled. One of the major downfalls of a flimsy chrome repo part and they are expensive to replace!

dialric 03-23-2016 06:41 PM

Really looks good.

hgs_notes 05-24-2016 08:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this on fb this morning...

https://classics.autotrader.com/clas...azer/100765199

Chulisohombre 05-24-2016 09:40 AM

Wow. That's crazy money. Pretty cool what they did to it. But good luck on selling it.

tubbedII 05-24-2016 10:29 AM

The rear wheel being so far forward would drive me nuts...

Chulisohombre 05-24-2016 02:44 PM

Yeah they should have at least centered the rear axle. With dropping it if they didn't lengthen the control Arms is why it came farther forward. But I'm not a 2 wheel Drive guy.

zammer 05-26-2016 09:26 PM

That blaze is def different. One of the most modded interiors ive ever seen..
NOthing new to report on mine prob till fall, kindof on the shelf until other projects for summer get completed but look forward to hitting it hard this fall

flashed 05-26-2016 09:59 PM

I will be waiting ,love me a vert.