The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=432758)

BC Toy chest 04-22-2012 03:03 AM

Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

5 Attachment(s)
update pics of the rear cab corners ( replacment of right ride side cab corner) and some other stuff I am doing.

BC Toy chest 04-22-2012 03:38 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I don't like the look of the rear fender bolt heads showing on the inside of the bed so I welded carriage bolts on and grind them flat and will use nylon locking nuts so when tightening them down the studs don't create sink spots on the inside of the bed as you run the nut down. The nylon locking nuts prevent you from over tightening. I was told it won't work but I beg to differ.

BC Toy chest 04-22-2012 04:23 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Just painted the dash. The dash/ instrument panel inserts are not in perfect condition can't find them, I might have to have them made out of some stainless steel I have. Hate to ask, but any body know how much money two good GMC instrument panel inserts cost? (there is a left and a right insert panel) Here is the Pics of the '67 El Camino I just picked up. Lord willing I hope to have the Camino done before I'm too old to drive, :lol:

Kim57 04-22-2012 09:12 AM

It's coming along real nice.
Kim

lowdownstar 04-22-2012 09:25 AM

Looking good my friend and please don't worry about not getting back to me right away. i understand i have a family as well and they can take up a ton of my time. Are you planing on finishing the truck before you start on the new toy? Witch looks nice as well.

Ray

BC Toy chest 04-22-2012 01:49 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lowdownstar (Post 5328874)
Are you planing on finishing the truck before you start on the new toy? Witch looks nice as well.

Ray

Thanks guys. Yes I am suppose to be finishig the truck before I start on the Camino:lol: But I couldn't help myself and all ready started stripping it down a little, before I store it away. Sometimes I find myself with the Camino more then I do my truck but I will stop that very soon

65Pickup 04-22-2012 02:37 PM

Hey good to see you back at it, nice new Camino. GMC interior looks great, one question, I was looking at your frame and don't see any narrowing crossmember, are you fitting all that rubber in the fenders by just cutting the step side box? No frame narrowing?

BC Toy chest 04-22-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65Pickup (Post 5329342)
Hey good to see you back at it, nice new Camino. GMC interior looks great, one question, I was looking at your frame and don't see any narrowing crossmember, are you fitting all that rubber in the fenders by just cutting the step side box? No frame narrowing?

Yes I cut the box as you can see in the other pictures. But I boxed sections of the frame and moved my leaf springs between the frame rails. I took the left spring hamgers and mounted them on the right inside of frame and the right hangers on the left side. Next I am junking my rear mono leaf springs and use No Limit Engineering Posie's Super Slide Rear Multi Leafs, & going to C-notch the frame coz I got a spring flip kit due to the axel will be on top of the springs now.

65Pickup 04-22-2012 08:13 PM

Thanks, I can see the boxed area know that you mentioned it. Quite surprised how much tire can be fit under there without cutting and narrowing the frame. The No limit mod sounds perfect, gotta get lower, although I like your stance.

55Cameo 05-02-2012 07:00 PM

Love your truck. I was gonna go pro street when I 1st got my truck and had the step side

1Bad62Pro/Street 05-02-2012 07:33 PM

Coming along good Bud!:metal:
http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/...ations-128.gif

waybad 05-04-2012 10:32 PM

cool

BC Toy chest 05-23-2012 01:53 PM

Hey sorry I am so late in respoonding, thanks for the comments. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your trucks.

BC Toy chest 07-11-2012 04:02 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Want the truck to have a lower stance. Removing the Mono leafs and doing a mokc-up with the new flip kit and Posies Super Slide multi-leaf springs from NoLimit Engineering. C-notch is coming as well. Some of the pictures might make somebody think what the heck is going on, it will make sense when I throw up the final shots in about a year and a half:lol::lol::lol:

Kim57 07-11-2012 10:29 AM

It's about time you got back on that thing.
Kim

VDOG 07-11-2012 01:40 PM

BC, just went through your build. Thats one cool truck you got. I was noticing all the welding and bodywork you have done, and are still doing. I guess I should not complain about the welding I need to do, its no comparision to what you guys have to do. Shutting up now. LOL!

BC Toy chest 07-13-2012 05:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by VDOG (Post 5480300)
BC, just went through your build. Thats one cool truck you got. I was noticing all the welding and bodywork you have done, and are still doing. I guess I should not complain about the welding I need to do, its no comparision to what you guys have to do. Shutting up now. LOL!

Yeah man after going to Brothers Truck Show it made me stop complaining too, :lol: I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut and do the work. I am about to do some major surgery for the C-notch and frame work and some major work to the bed sides. As I said before some of the pictures I am putting up will make people think , What in the world is this :lol:clown doing. HEHEHE, It will all make sense when I'm done, Lord willing I live long enough to complete it.:waah: Doing a mokc-up fittment taking back apart, the c-notch is going to be more involved then I planned for but I am making progress even though I am going at sanils pace. Trying to get that lower stance.

BC Toy chest 07-13-2012 07:59 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Doing a mokc-up fittment taking back apart, the c-notch is going to be more involved then I planned for but I am making progress even though I am going at sanils pace. Trying to get that lower stance. Some of the pictures might make somebody think what the heck is going on, it will make sense when I throw up the final shots in about a year and a half:lol::gmc2:

BC Toy chest 07-13-2012 08:35 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Doing a mokc-up fittment taking back apart, the c-notch is going to be more involved then I planned for but I am making progress even though I am going at sanils pace. Trying to get that lower stance. Some of the pictures might make somebody think what the heck is going on, it will make sense when I throw up the final shots in about a year and a half

BC Toy chest 07-13-2012 08:48 PM

Doing a mokc-up fittment taking back apart, the c-notch is going to be more involved then I planned for but I am making progress even though I am going at sanils pace. Trying to get that lower stance. Some of the pictures might make somebody think what the heck is going on, it will make sense when I throw up the final shots in about a year and a half

BC Toy chest 07-13-2012 09:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
trouble with up load pics coming

BC Toy chest 07-13-2012 09:34 PM

5 Attachment(s)
When at Brothers truck show I saw these two AWESOMELY WICKED pro street rydes. AWESOMELY......Yeah I know it aint correct grammer who cares.:metal: The yello truck seems t have had an 8 point cage, an it is estimated by the friend of the owner it is a 10 second truck only has seen the 1/8 mile track thus far.

hotrod1 07-13-2012 09:42 PM

I would liked to have seen that one. I guess I overlooked it. I would like to see pics of the frame and cage.

BC Toy chest 07-13-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrod1 (Post 5484779)
I would liked to have seen that one. I guess I overlooked it. I would like to see pics of the frame and cage.

Also what I think was kool if you look at the bottom photo you will see the rear shackles have been replaced by a slider for smoother operation on hard acceleration. and it even helps in dropping the truck down low.

BC Toy chest 07-13-2012 10:05 PM

5 Attachment(s)
When at Brothers truck show I saw these two AWESOMELY WICKED pro street rydes. AWESOMELY......Yeah I know it aint correct grammer who cares. (Here's the other one)