The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Blazer retractable convertible top (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=405625)

mister.freeze 09-09-2016 01:30 PM

Re: Blazer retractable convertible top

:)

kvn1011 10-30-2016 11:53 AM

looks awesome!!!

zammer 06-05-2017 11:35 PM

well its been a while since ive posted.... again.. i 'm still on it though!
got it registered this week after 7 years and 9 months haha.
interior will be completed this winter and the top of course will finally see fabric!

Heres a clip from today, she gets a new windshield tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNQsDG0zxBg

zammer 06-05-2017 11:37 PM

and a slow roll off...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h6UxpWUdNI

kvn1011 06-05-2017 11:40 PM

im tuned in! thanks for the update!!
i need to get back on mine!!
looks awesome!

flashed 06-06-2017 06:54 AM

Sounds great ,looks great too .

zammer 06-07-2017 11:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Windshield is in!
Happy it fits after I put 72 Chevelle windshield header section in with 2 pieced together
Put on 59 miles already too , it's crazy the rush driving this finally after all these years
working on it. To everyone that has a project that seems to be taking a while or won't get done it will! Have lots to do on this blaze still but just happy to burn some fuel

smbrouss70 06-08-2017 08:32 AM

Congrats! It looks good!

bodydropped68 06-10-2017 09:52 AM

Congratulations on the progress and your sticktoitiveness projects can really way on you. The blazer is turning out awesome can,t wait to see the interior. :metal::metal::metal::metal:

zammer 06-10-2017 01:38 PM

Thanks guys!
Took it to get an alignment the other day and the guy (an avid old car/rod guy) wasn't too excited to work on it as he claims he has guys coming back to him with tire wear issues all the time (on lowered stuff) .. That is an obvious to me esp if you are running bags. I managed to warm him up a bit, just told him i am realistic with getting camber and toe close, and once he saw the access to get to the upper control arms to shim he seemed satisfied.. now we will see how it turns out

zammer 11-08-2017 12:00 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Snow is here to stay.. started on blazer again.
Got my C/5 emblems last week and mounted them, very happy with quality.
Had to take out inner fenders to get rear nuts on 3 mounting points .

Last picture is a week before I put it away for the winter, Put on approx. 350 miles this summer doing a shake-down since driving it again..
Hope to work on top soon and finally get that going...

Attachment 1705823

Attachment 1705824

Attachment 1705825

Attachment 1705826

Blazer690 11-10-2017 10:04 AM

Who makes the C/5 emblem, That's so cool. Your Blazer is off the chart great.

Chulisohombre 11-10-2017 12:22 PM

Yeah I need a k20 emblem since mine is 3/4 ton now.
Posted via Mobile Device

zammer 11-14-2017 10:25 AM

Hey thanks!

Heres the thread of the emblem designer.. Hes hard to get ahold of and busy but email him to get results.. Took about a year to get mine

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=701118&page=7

YBNORML 11-14-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zammer (Post 8077947)
Snow is here to stay.. started on blazer again.
Got my C/5 emblems last week and mounted them, very happy with quality.
Had to take out inner fenders to get rear nuts on 3 mounting points .

Last picture is a week before I put it away for the winter, Put on approx. 350 miles this summer doing a shake-down since driving it again..
Hope to work on top soon and finally get that going...

Attachment 1705823

Attachment 1705824

Attachment 1705825

Attachment 1705826

Awesome!!!!

Next summer you and the family will have to hit a few shows with Quinn and I. It’d be a blast.

zammer 11-15-2017 10:16 AM

That would be great fun. Have to get this interior finished

CG 04-11-2021 06:17 PM

Did I miss the ending of this build? The videos posted in the thread dont work anymore.

zammer 04-18-2021 04:00 PM

Hey guys
Hi CG, no you did not miss the ending of this build, I have not updated it in a while mainly because i had a change of interest with the top of which i sat on for over a year before making a tough decision of which direction i was going to go.My interest seemed to change when i chipped the paint bringing it home from the bodyshop 5 years ago. i knew i had to get it painted again and at that point i started thinking that i was not going to like the way the top was going to look when it was down with the cover etc and missed the look of the bed rails and cleaner look that it could be. I started to ponder that this was going to be hundreds of hours of work to get it to the completed stage yet and i was starting to loose interest after 8/9 years of working on it. after letting it soak , i decided to forgo the completion of the top, and removed the components inside and finished the blazer off with full boxed in bed rails in the back and nice clean interior panels which i am very happy with how it turned out.I just got it painted again this past fall and have been working hard on it all winter to finish the interior off and the rest of the must dos to get it to the mainly completed stage and get it appraised properly.

After many dollars and hundreds of hours working on the top it is very hard for me to report back that i dont have a finished product to show after the work put into it. I so far feel like i made the right decision in the path i took in the end, next winter i plan on using as many of the components as i can to do a soft 1/2 cab top that will just go on and off manually so i hope to have a cool product there in the end to show.

I hope to post some new pictures of the blazer soon when we can find a nice spot to take some when the weather warms up here.

Thank you to all the members that helped and encouraged me over the many years of posts to help me proceed with the top idea and keep me motivated.

CG 04-26-2021 09:26 PM

Seemed like you were having fun trying to make it all work. So as long as that's what it was my thinking is it wasn't wasted (well cept for the money haha). The thread is a good read.

Harold Holbrook 04-27-2021 08:28 PM

Lets face it, they all look better top less.......