The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   4x4 Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   "TANGERINE" (C20 to K10) (LWB to SWB) (CST/MOD) (5.3) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=498570)

FrankieD 09-18-2012 08:03 AM

Re: "TANGERINE" (C20 to K10) (LWB to SWB) (CST/MOD) (5.3)

Ok summer is over time to get busy and stop being like me:lol:

fakerwade 09-21-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankieD (Post 5598794)
Ok summer is over time to get busy and stop being like me:lol:

I'm trying to spend some quality time with Tangerine but I still have some honey do's that aren't done yet. Still I did manage to sneak away and build a battery tray and mount so I can move my battery over to the RH side. I made it removable because battery trays have a tendency to rot out. This will make it easier to repair in the future.
http://imageshack.us/a/img193/2963/dsc00349fu.jpg,
http://imageshack.us/a/img542/8849/dsc00355rx.jpg,

FrankieD 09-21-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fakerwade (Post 5604091)
I'm trying to spend some quality time with Tangerine but I still have some honey do's that aren't done yet. Still I did manage to sneak away and build a battery tray and mount so I can move my battery over to the RH side. I made it removable because battery trays have a tendency to rot out. This will make it easier to repair in the future.

Shoot it up with some rubberizes under coating that should help keep the acid from eating it up. Don't for get some drain holes. Remember even baby steps will eventually get you there because sometimes life and wife get in the way.:lol:

cAlvis165 09-24-2012 09:09 PM

Hey, I found you again. I was just thinking the other day, "Where did fakerwade's build go?" I'm subscribing now so I don't lose you again. Good to see you back at it again! I love this build. :metal::metal:

Chad

hilljob26 09-24-2012 09:58 PM

thats gonna be sweet,,,how much you think you will have to cut out of the bed

fakerwade 09-25-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cAlvis165 (Post 5610745)
Hey, I found you again. I was just thinking the other day, "Where did fakerwade's build go?" I'm subscribing now so I don't lose you again. Good to see you back at it again! I love this build. :metal::metal:

Chad

Welcome back cAlvis165!!! The build has found a new home here on the 4x4 build page. Thanks for checking back, your flatbed Binder looks like a lot of fun!!! :chevy::gmc2:
Quote:

Originally Posted by hilljob26 (Post 5610875)
thats gonna be sweet,,,how much you think you will have to cut out of the bed

I think a standard shortbed would fit and look good on here but I have a little room to make the bed a little longer so it will probably be in 11"/7" range. Truth is I haven't thought that far ahead yet,, trying not to get to far ahead of myself. ;)

fakerwade 09-25-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

because sometimes life and wife get in the way.
So true FrankieD ,,,so true.

67c10rustbuket 09-29-2012 11:57 PM

Great job on the battery tray Wade! Maybe a gel cell would not have the rot issues of a traditional battery? I dont like that there is a seperate section for 4x4 builds now I have to venture out into new areas:lol: I recently sold my 4x4 and will miss it soon. But then again there are a lot more builds for me to check out over here! Personally I like them all and if I had it my way I would have a lifted 4x4, a stock height 2wd daily driver and a lowered/bagged custom for fun but the driveway and HOA aren't that kind.

Luther Grimace 10-23-2012 03:51 PM

Looking at your thread makes my body swap not seem so bad.

68 TT 10-30-2012 02:44 AM

Nice to see you getting back under way again even if just a little.

I spent most of the summer & early fall working around the house on the honey do list as well so not much progress on my end either.

fakerwade 10-31-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket (Post 5620309)
Great job on the battery tray Wade! Maybe a gel cell would not have the rot issues of a traditional battery? I dont like that there is a seperate section for 4x4 builds now I have to venture out into new areas:lol: I recently sold my 4x4 and will miss it soon. But then again there are a lot more builds for me to check out over here! Personally I like them all and if I had it my way I would have a lifted 4x4, a stock height 2wd daily driver and a lowered/bagged custom for fun but the driveway and HOA aren't that kind.

Hey Dan, Your right that a gel cell battery probably wouldn't have the acid leaking problems but those darn things are expensive!! I like your idea of having multiple trucks with different attributes,,, maybe after I recover from building this one I'll build another one,,, heck I bought all the equipment,, might as well use it!!:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luther Grimace (Post 5663696)
Looking at your thread makes my body swap not seem so bad.

MR. Grimace,,, nice to have you on board!! I'm not used to doing this kind of work,,so I'm probably making it look harder than it really is!!:chevy::gmc2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 TT (Post 5675845)
Nice to see you getting back under way again even if just a little.

I spent most of the summer & early fall working around the house on the honey do list as well so not much progress on my end either.

Well to be honest I'm right in the middle of hunting season,,, which I pretty much skipped last year,, thought I'd better re-fill the freezer ya know? I did manage to strip, de-rust and paint some of the frame. I also had to completely re-do the roof,,,the plastic tarp blowing in the wind rubbed through my etch primer and the roof started to surface rust. Hate doing things over.:waah:

You'd better get to work on yours,, 2 and a half feet of snow is on it's way to your area soon!!!:lol: Sorry,,,didn't mean to jinx you,,,Just hope you can get back on that big block bad boy soon!!:metal:

68 TT 10-31-2012 08:45 PM

Two years ago we had over eight feet of snow so only 2-1/2 feet would be nice :)
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

FrankieD 11-20-2012 09:45 AM

You’ve been kind of quiet what's happening?

68 TT 11-20-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankieD (Post 5712484)

Most likely off hunting. Slacker :lol:

fakerwade 12-19-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankieD (Post 5712484)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 TT (Post 5712931)
Most likely off hunting. Slacker :lol:

Hey FrankieD,,,,, Yeah 68 TT was right ,,, I've been out Bambi stalking,,,had a lot of fun this year, but I got skunked!!

You will just have to settle for a pic of the big buck I got 4 years ago!!
http://imageshack.us/a/img208/3700/dsc02582i.jpg,
Looking forward to spending more time with the truck this weekend.

FrankieD 12-20-2012 09:54 AM

What did you go looking for Bigfoot I hear he is out there close by you.

I just noticed you are in Idaho now, I guess you couldn't handle the liberals any more:lol: You get a new job or what?

fakerwade 12-21-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankieD (Post 5768569)
What did you go looking for Bigfoot I hear he is out there close by you.

I just noticed you are in Idaho now, I guess you couldn't handle the liberals any more:lol: You get a new job or what?

I generally don't go looking for things that could kill me!!! However if I do ever run across Bigfoot I'll give him your regards! As far as the money stealing, tree hugging, whiney, small minded liberals go,,,,we've about had our fill of them. The smart ones are starting to keep their distance. I can't believe your selling your 70!! Or at least trying to. Just remember what you had to go through to get a straight one like that. Maybe you'll have a change of heart. Merry Christmas my friend.:chevy:

67c10rustbuket 12-23-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fakerwade (Post 5771236)
I generally don't go looking for things that could kill me!!! However if I do ever run across Bigfoot I'll give him your regards! As far as the money stealing, tree hugging, whiney, small minded liberals go,,,,we've about had our fill of them. The smart ones are starting to keep their distance. I can't believe your selling your 70!! Or at least trying to. Just remember what you had to go through to get a straight one like that. Maybe you'll have a change of heart. Merry Christmas my friend.:chevy:

:lol::uhmk: at that

Welcome back, I got skunked too. I still have a chance at a doe during our special christmas doe hunt 9 day season. My wife got a nice 8 point on opening morning. Merry Christmas!

FrankieD 12-30-2012 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fakerwade (Post 5771236)

I hear ya on the Liberals I have them in my family. I tossed the Idea of selling the 70 or trading it. With the snow and cold I took the CL add down till spring things might change by then.:uhmk:

fakerwade 01-02-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket (Post 5774232)
:lol::uhmk: at that

Welcome back, I got skunked too. I still have a chance at a doe during our special christmas doe hunt 9 day season. My wife got a nice 8 point on opening morning. Merry Christmas!

Thanks Dan,,, sorry to hear about your hunt,,,sounds like you at least put some meat in the freezer,,, congrats to the wife!! Hope you have a great new year!!!

fakerwade 01-02-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankieD (Post 5784866)
I hear ya on the Liberals I have them in my family. I tossed the Idea of selling the 70 or trading it. With the snow and cold I took the CL add down till spring things might change by then.:uhmk:

Well I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!:cool:

fakerwade 01-02-2013 12:26 PM

Well I did manage to get a little time in on the truck over the holiday season,,mostly tying up a lot of little loose ends on the cab. Also got the left inner fender almost done and some work to the core support. I'll have some more pics soon. :chevy::gmc2:

72 4X 01-28-2013 01:41 AM

You da man! Found you this eve, and very impressed. Can't wait to see your progress - Hello from MT.

Dieselwrencher 01-28-2013 09:14 PM

I just saw you got skunked on your hunt. I went first season and had the same luck. Went antlerless 2 weeks ago and we saw one deer. My brother in law got it and gave it to me. It was a 2yr old doe. Better than nothing. :lol: All the deer we saw were small except a couple of huge bucks. But they're always way too far away and on some one else's land. :lol: How much do you have left on your truck?

fakerwade 01-30-2013 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72 4X (Post 5850235)
You da man! Found you this eve, and very impressed. Can't wait to see your progress - Hello from MT.

Thanks and welcome on board!! :welcome2:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 5852034)
I just saw you got skunked on your hunt. I went first season and had the same luck. Went antlerless 2 weeks ago and we saw one deer. My brother in law got it and gave it to me. It was a 2yr old doe. Better than nothing. :lol: All the deer we saw were small except a couple of huge bucks. But they're always way too far away and on some one else's land. :lol: How much do you have left on your truck?

Yeah,,,it's like this,,, my elk hunt screwed up my deer hunt!!! I could have shot several really nice whitetails, earlier in the season,,, but I was trying to get an elk. By the time elk season was over (got skunked on that too!!) the deer were no where to be found!! OH well, there's always next year!!

As far as the truck goes,,,, see the following post!