The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My Facetruck thread. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=752660)

special-K 01-07-2018 01:42 PM

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Huh... I show pictures over an hour ago and nothing. Where are all my friends now? I need someone to like my pictures!!

harpo231 01-07-2018 02:12 PM

:c2:

GOPAPA 01-07-2018 02:13 PM

I like ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have a great niece who crochets them so I have seen them before.. nice fall colors .. how about modeling it for us out in the cold and call it a Selfie .. :)

PanelDeland 01-07-2018 02:15 PM

Good looking hat special. Now , what is that thing it's hanging on in the one pic?
Is said thing a thing or did you also give it a name?
Is this the only thing or are there others?
Why did you choose that color for your hat?
Are you sure that's a tight enough knot?
What brand are the felt pack boots?
Do you like those boots better than non felt pack ones?

Inquiring minds want to know....

Ol Blue K20 01-07-2018 02:31 PM

I "LIKE" it a lot. It looks very warm

special-K 01-07-2018 03:03 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PanelDeland (Post 8154236)
Good looking hat special. Now , what is that thing it's hanging on in the one pic?
Is said thing a thing or did you also give it a name?
Is this the only thing or are there others?
Why did you choose that color for your hat?
Are you sure that's a tight enough knot?
What brand are the felt pack boots?
Do you like those boots better than non felt pack ones?

Inquiring minds want to know....

Since you show the most interest I'll reply to your post. I do want to thank all my friends who commented.

Said thing is one of those plant hanger things, to be more specific.
I have another one over on the screen house.
I've been on a greenish brownish thing and wanted to add a splash of color without getting outside of the gold to brown spectrum. Also, everything I wear gets dirty and brown won't show it so bad.
I hope the knot is tight enough. I know it's warm in wind. It has a lifetime warranty. There is a Gore brand material around the bottom couple inches called WindStop.
Those are LL Bean felt packs, had them for eons. I used to wear them to work in till warmer work boot came out. Now they are my toss on when it snows boots
The warm winter boots I wear now are my favorite of all. They have the rubber lower for dry, fit like a glove, very light, and totally warm without the bulk. I hate to stop wearing them come spring.

Here it is on my head outside
Attachment 1737369

Inside
Attachment 1737370

Hauling firewood
Attachment 1737371

Showing I'm big and strong
Attachment 1737372

Getting cocky
Attachment 1737373

special-K 01-07-2018 03:26 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Oops, I feel one slipping
Attachment 1737374

Starting to slip out
Attachment 1737375

There is goes
Attachment 1737376

Dayum
Attachment 1737377

mongocanfly 01-07-2018 03:48 PM

my "like" is coming by fedx....itll be here in a week or so..

davischevy 01-07-2018 05:34 PM

The hat was worth the wait Tim.

If I can be your agent, I will submit those photos to a modeling agency that represents Duluth Trading.

I'm glad PanelDeland spelled your first name with a small s. I notice a lot of people spell it with a capitol S, and that's a thing that bugs me.

davischevy 01-07-2018 05:38 PM

special-K, do you split that wood with an axe or splitter?

I need to be splittin' me some wood, to get back in shape.

special-K 01-07-2018 05:42 PM

Yeah, Deland and me go way back. He's with the program. He's not bad for a bandana guy. Do you think there is a market for coldass sumbich gotta get me some wood models?

That wood there was split using a sweet splitter off a 3-pt. That was at the old woman's farm I worked for. I have always split by splitting axes and that thing spoiled me. I ended up with it, but no tractor. It's at my friend's place for now. I filled the shed and then some last spring, before that place sold. I still split most of it again before bringing it in

How long before these warm beanie pop-ups stop?

mongocanfly 01-07-2018 05:58 PM

small---> "s"pecial-K....you should write up one of those J. Peterman [from Seinfeld] style stories on that hat

special-K 01-08-2018 08:38 AM

Good morning friends. Make it a good Monday!!! A happy one!!! :five:

special-K 01-08-2018 11:59 AM

To or from?

davischevy 01-08-2018 12:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's hat day for me now.

special-K 01-08-2018 12:56 PM

Nice color. Looks comfortable. My neighbor has a dumb hat. I like the hat the lady at the gas station wears. My hat still feels new. The old hat I had to wear is brown and has yellow and orange too. I found that funny when I saw what I did. It's so '80s I figured it was time for change.

Jeffh 01-08-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Of course we need pictures of the gall bladder truck too.
https://imagehost.vendio.com/a/15097...06_1515532.jpg

Ain't she a beaut??
Yea I know shoulda left it...

Jeffh 01-08-2018 07:12 PM

And large too.
I gotta figure out how to do this resize thing....

flashed 01-08-2018 07:55 PM

Thats a lotta Truck , Tim ,I like the Hat ,Happy Hat Day .

flashed 01-08-2018 08:42 PM

I like it .

special-K 01-08-2018 11:44 PM

Killer Bee 01-09-2018 06:34 PM

my 4yo daughter made a suburban for daddy's desk :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/wi33s37fd32..._7165.jpg?dl=0

outfield 01-09-2018 06:49 PM

Nice!

Jeffh 01-09-2018 09:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Here's some Face truck drama
Wednesday morning trailer hooked up on my way to pickup a '62 C30. 15 miles down the road my gallbladder shot craps. Did a u turn dropped off the trailer at home and headed to the people garage where they proceeded to pull it. Now I'm sitting here trying to stuff down a spoon full of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. No appetite at all, sore tummy, dizzy light headed from not eating hardly anything and worst of all I still have a '62 C30 out there that needs picking up in the now single digit weather.
Update!!

After some recliner time I decided it was time to make another attempt at bringing the C30 home. Bear in mind I bought it on one of those online farmer equipment auctions never seeing it in person but hey didn't spend much.
Hooked up the trailer, made sure the winch battery was charged and off I went this AM with the pushing 80 stepdad riding shotgun as the wife bailed to go see her Mom in Fort Dodge.
About 9 degrees but bundled up and have all day so shouldn't have any problems.
Turns out instead of a 2 hour trip it was a 2 1/2 hour trip to where it was. No probs, have all day.
Finally got there and backed up to it. Of course it was twice as rough as I was anticipating. Where he said it would run on the phone it was now it will run but there is no battery, knocks like crazy and the throttle takes off over revving. Pretty much all the stuff that I thought I might be able to use on my project '60 short fleetside is worse than I already have. Whatever, it was already paid for, no way to wiggle out lets load it and get it home.
Reeled out the 10K Warn winch mounted on the front of the trailer hooked it to the battery, pushed the button and "click" nothing else. Bear in mind I have never had any problems at all with my winch but after today I can no longer say that. Tryed some on the spot tinkering to no avail.
What to do? Well I have an old Chinese comealong in the back of the truck, not going to go home without getting it loaded and besides the Doc says I have a full 20 pound weight restriction might as well see if he really means it.
Rachet rachet rachet rachet rachet rachet little by little the old truck comes up the ramp. Then what, the comealong breaks. Tryed some on the spot tinkering with it but the seller came to the rescue with another old comealong I believe was bought from the same Chinaman. Rachet rachet rachet rachet rachet an hour later its on the trailer!!!
Tied it down and we are on the road back.
How much do these C30s weigh??? My 1/2 ton pickup was not liking it. Drove slow and easy all the way home and did go a different route somewhat out of the way to avoid the Omaha/Interstate 80 traffic.
None the less its now home. Probably pull some stuff off of it I can use and whatever else I can find that looks decent and scrap the rest. Going to think long and hard before do this again.....

Today it got up to a balmy 41 degrees so I decided to go out and see what was wrong with that winch.
Hooked the battery up, hooked the remote up and... you guessed it, worked just fine.

:banghead:

davischevy 01-10-2018 12:02 AM

It never fails.

Yesterday I decided to put a Pertronix in a distributor instead of messing with the points.

I screwed with the thing on and off all day. Never did figure how it mounted, emailed Pertronix, sent pictures, I finally went to Jegs website and looked at the pictures, and there it was. That little metal plate laying on the bench actually did have a place in this operation. :metal: