The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   For sale: Hand-Made Custom LED Brake lights. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=256197)

68jewel 04-18-2010 08:28 AM

Re: For sale: Hand-Made Custom LED Brake lights.

Dukkie, I did exactly what you did. I ordered mine waaaay before I needed them. And that reason being, I figured it was far more affordable to buy a pair of $80 taillights than a $3k engine. So, I bought the lights. Don't need them yet. There still sitting in the box the came in. They are an excellent pair of lights and I do recommend them to others. Guys just be patient with him. He is a one-man-show. He doesn't do this for a living (I don't think.) This is more than likely his side hussle he uses to make extra money. He has a good product that, by word of mouth, got out and the business has snowballed into more than he could have imagined. That's a good thing though. He has a product out there that is affordable and is of quality. They are hand-made too. Which makes production time a bit longer. Not some mass produced lights made over seas.

wancosc356 04-18-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68jewel (Post 3926293)
Dukkie, I did exactly what you did. I ordered mine waaaay before I needed them. And that reason being, I figured it was far more affordable to buy a pair of $80 taillights than a $3k engine. So, I bought the lights. Don't need them yet. There still sitting in the box the came in. They are an excellent pair of lights and I do recommend them to others. Guys just be patient with him. He is a one-man-show. He doesn't do this for a living (I don't think.) This is more than likely his side hussle he uses to make extra money. He has a good product that, by word of mouth, got out and the business has snowballed into more than he could have imagined. That's a good thing though. He has a product out there that is affordable and is of quality. They are hand-made too. Which makes production time a bit longer. Not some mass produced lights made over seas.

I agree with everything you say here. I did the same exact thing too. Great product here fellas! Very worth the wait!:metal:

wwotr 05-02-2010 02:25 AM

:uhmk:
Quote:

Originally Posted by 724x4a/cchevy (Post 2367981)
I have a set of reverse lights made, they will be $58 shipped. PM me. I can send you pictures of the reverse lights. Also, I thought i would give you guys a better shot of how the brake lights look behind lenses. I took them in my room with the lights on, so thats how bright and noticable they are in broad daylight. Right now i am half done with IAFF2407's brake lights, Im waiting on more LED's to come in the mail. Then i will start on the Gremlin lights when the lenses arrive.
Justin
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...hts/LED017.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...hts/LED016.jpg

I have a question.
I recently installed a set of LED Brake/Signal Lights and also bought the Electronic Flasher.

Now my Back Up Lights work on a 10Amp old style Fuse.

So if I get a Pair of THESE Back-up LED's, is there anything I have to change/modify?

My regular 1156 Back-up lights look "out of place" now with my LED Brake Lights!:uhmk:

dukkie 06-14-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dukkie (Post 3879821)
Post #306 03-24-2010, 06:01 PM Payment sent...
No rush job for me, im in no hurry, as taillights are the last thing i should be considering these were just too cool to skip for now. But i am curious whats turnaround time usually. Oh and i may be wanting a set for a 78 bronco in the future i know you need the lenses to pattern it out please include that address when you ship mine thanks

.....I have been patient but Next week will be 3 months, Whats the deal?

wwotr 06-14-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dukkie (Post 4030596)
.....I have been patient but Next week will be 3 months, Whats the deal?

Glad I'm not the only one.
Although I don't have an order in, I tried 4 Separate times....
(within a 4 week period), via public posts and privately, to order a pair of LED Taillights from him.
I received no reply, and waited ANOTHER 2 months.
I finally bought them from another manufacturer.
Then after installing those, I knew that now I'd need a set of "Back-up" LED's.
I AGAIN posted/E-Mailed privately and that was about 6 weeks ago and STILL no response. I saw other Forum members hinting to ease up on him. He was a student and this wasn't a "Full-Time" Gig. So I did, but unless there's a Death in the Family, I personally have tried to give him my Business on 2 separate occasions in a 7 Month period, with no replies WHATSOEVER.

That in MY BOOK, is just plain rude.

The manufacturer that I ordered my Taillights from, has back-up lights
in R & D, and said they "should" be available by the end of Summer.

dukkie 06-14-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwotr (Post 4030689)
Glad I'm not the only one.
Although I don't have an order in, I tried 4 Separate times....
(within a 4 week period), via public posts and privately, to order a pair of LED Taillights from him.
I received no reply, and waited ANOTHER 2 months.
I finally bought them from another manufacturer.
Then after installing those, I knew that now I'd need a set of "Back-up" LED's.
I AGAIN posted/E-Mailed privately and that was about 6 weeks ago and STILL no response. I saw other Forum members hinting to ease up on him. He was a student and this wasn't a "Full-Time" Gig. So I did, but unless there's a Death in the Family, I personally have tried to give him my Business on 2 separate occasions in a 7 Month period, with no replies WHATSOEVER.

That in MY BOOK, is just plain rude.

The manufacturer that I ordered my Taillights from, has back-up lights
in R & D, and said they "should" be available by the end of Summer.

R&D? ha. Its not that hard. I would bet i could have yours made within a week. its basic circuity with like resistors and or capacitors. If i decided to learn what each of those were and how the necessary ohms coordinated whether wired in series or parallel or whatever blah blah i would make a side job producing these for all kinds of cars. Id mass produce a sheet i pre wired with bulbs and just cut off the shapes that i needed. O yea i need to learn to solder too.

I dunno what happened to this guy here. he sent me a message once saying the tail lights were done and was starting my reverse lights that's the last update i have had but i deleted the message so i dunno how long ago that was. However if typical to take 3 months buyer should have been notified. its papal so i guess i just file for a return or something and get my cash back maybe? id rather just have him say they're on the way cause i still want them

lil blue 06-18-2010 01:53 PM

do u make a rev light for a stepside

lil blue 06-21-2010 12:37 AM

i would like a pair of 67 blinkers and rev lights if u make them for a stepside

wwotr 06-21-2010 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lil blue (Post 4040578)
i would like a pair of 67 blinkers and rev lights if u make them for a stepside

Has ANYONE heard from the original poster in say.....the last 2 Months?

dukkie 06-21-2010 10:47 AM

4-12-2010 i think was the date i got a pm saying my tail lights were done and he was starting the reverse lights.

Self-proclaimed LED man
Last Activity: Today 09:37 AM
Current Activity: Viewing Index The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

this has become gay he straight up ignoring us

royo 06-21-2010 11:00 PM

Dang guys cut him some slack. somethings had to happen to him

orneryolbiker 06-22-2010 01:53 AM

Ok, the list is forever, but I can wait. I will want tail lights, reverse lights, front signal and side markers... shoot me a price when you have the time....

Good luck in school.

Luis_gz06 06-22-2010 07:40 AM

Let's keep the threads clean. No foul language please. Any problems, please report to bad deals forum, or pm Liz or Josh. Thanks!

68jewel 06-22-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royo (Post 4042232)
Dang guys cut him some slack. somethings had to happen to him

X2!! Furthermore, he has stated he is a one man show. With the way the economy is and so forth, he may be pulling double time on his real job or something. As stated...slack up guys. It's no big deal. If you can't get his lights, go elsewhere. Only complain if he has your money and you didn't get your lights. Otherwise, he is not obligated to sell any of us anything. But, in his defense...I have a set of these and they are really nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luis_gz06 (Post 4042623)
Let's keep the threads clean. No foul language please. Any problems, please report to bad deals forum, or pm Liz or Josh. Thanks!

Exactly!!

dukkie 06-23-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68jewel (Post 4042744)
X2!! Furthermore, he has stated he is a one man show. With the way the economy is and so forth, he may be pulling double time on his real job or something. As stated...slack up guys. It's no big deal. If you can't get his lights, go elsewhere. Only complain if he has your money and you didn't get your lights. Otherwise, he is not obligated to sell any of us anything. But, in his defense...I have a set of these and they are really nice.

Exactly!!

He does have my money and i have no lights or replies from him