The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What did you do to your Blazer/Jimmy today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=624544)

AsianBlazer 01-21-2016 07:46 PM

Re: What did you do to your Blazer/Jimmy today?

4 Attachment(s)
A few things,

Mounted the Mickey Thompson Classic Baja Lock wheels on the new Yokohama Geolander tires, installed the Rancho RS9000 shocks, mounted the new inner and outer grilles, and finally removed the front bumper to prepare for mounting the Chassis Unlimited front winch bumper!

1972 Jimmy 04-23-2016 11:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Still making progress... Slow but sure!!!

colgad 04-25-2016 09:01 PM

Replaced my leaking Steering Box in my 72 2WD with a 78 version to get a little quicker steering and no more leaks. I needed to change the rag joint because of the smaller shaft size. I used a Lares 201. This is NOT a job I want to do again anytime soon!
The Blazer drives like a different truck. Nice and tight and a better road feel.

A1971Blazer 04-25-2016 09:47 PM

got rid of a hacked up rear light harness........... and a hacked up engine harness.....replaced both with new AAW harnesses...nice pieces, perfect fit!

got the leaky-azz headers off......got new ram's horn manifolds on and hooked up temporary exhaust so I can drive it to the muffler shop.......

colgad 06-24-2016 11:43 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Cleaned up the 72 2WD after 4414 miles doing the 2016 HotRod Power Tour.
Tampa to Gonzales LA on up to Oklahoma City OK back through Dayton Ohio to drop off my friend who came with me. Then back home to Tampa. No issues except 10 miles from home the throttle cable stuck for a while. Gen 1 350 flat tappet carb engine 700R4. Saw a blade for a Wind Generator and had to get a pic next to it. They are BIG! So glad I have Vintage AC, it was so hot in Texas and Oklahoma. #hotrodpowertour2016

Mick54615 06-25-2016 08:25 PM

Got my Vintage Air compressor and brackets in, replaced the leaking power steering pump. Put the radiator back in. Tomorrow I'll start on the inside stuff.

dozerbill72 06-25-2016 09:27 PM

Drove to town and got gas for the mower.

86er 06-28-2016 07:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
front brake,,,,,
new rotor bearings seal studs calipers pads

70gmcjimmy 07-04-2016 09:30 PM

4 Attachment(s)
My '70 Jimmy went outside for the first time since 2005 for a good pressure washing. going to do some painting so I can get the new engine, t-case and th350 in the chassis. No pic of the tranny right now. It's in a bag under the bench.

DAC

codejitsu 07-05-2016 03:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Trying to modernize my front bumper a bit. Still have to paint and add a few more small things but back to reality (work) i go. Will probably finish later this week.

codejitsu 07-05-2016 03:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Continued... can only upload 2 photos at once, I guess. Or 1? Lol

codejitsu 07-05-2016 03:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Continued.. still needs paint

colgad 07-05-2016 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codejitsu (Post 7643815)
Continued.. still needs paint

Nice job, looks much better. As far as the file up loads, I load one file and upload and then load another file and upload. You can load five files at a time but I find that the upload fails. So load a file and then upload, load a file and upload... a bit of a pain but it works so you can have all of your photos on the same post. I know there has to be a better way in 2016 to do this without going to an outside storage. The thing about storing the files somewhere else and then linking them here is if the outside storage changes no one can see the photos anymore. OK enough about that, are you painting the bumper black or body color?

codejitsu 07-05-2016 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colgad (Post 7643889)
Nice job, looks much better. As far as the file up loads, I load one file and upload and then load another file and upload. You can load five files at a time but I find that the upload fails. So load a file and then upload, load a file and upload... a bit of a pain but it works so you can have all of your photos on the same post. I know there has to be a better way in 2016 to do this without going to an outside storage. The thing about storing the files somewhere else and then linking them here is if the outside storage changes no one can see the photos anymore. OK enough about that, are you painting the bumper black or body color?

Thank you for your kind words! I will try that next time I post photos. Gonna go with black for now, but may change it eventually.

Chulisohombre 07-05-2016 09:38 AM

Your bumper looks very similar to mine. https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...&ref=bookmarks
Posted via Mobile Device

codejitsu 07-05-2016 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chulisohombre (Post 7643949)
Your bumper looks very similar to mine. https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...&ref=bookmarks
Posted via Mobile Device

Would love to see it but don't have Facebook. Can you post it here?

Chulisohombre 07-05-2016 01:51 PM

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...blazer&cat=500 I thought you could just click the link and look. Maybe I'm wrong with different privacy settings.

Chulisohombre 07-05-2016 02:22 PM

I put up the pic in my profile now if you click it.

codejitsu 07-05-2016 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chulisohombre (Post 7644184)
I put up the pic in my profile now if you click it.

They are very similar. I love the small lights on yours. Are they l.e.d? And the fog lights behind the grill look awesome

Chulisohombre 07-05-2016 05:08 PM

Thanks. No, not led. They are the same bulbs that are in the dashboard. Got them from a truck stop. But I have seen them at regular auto Parts stores too. I used angle iron welded to the core support crossmember to mount the grill lights. I had two more at the ends of the bumper but I crushed one against a tree and couldn't find the right same one to replaced it with so I just pulled the other one off the other end.

codejitsu 07-05-2016 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chulisohombre (Post 7644291)
Thanks. No, not led. They are the same bulbs that are in the dashboard. Got them from a truck stop. But I have seen them at regular auto Parts stores too. I used angle iron welded to the core support crossmember to mount the grill lights. I had two more at the ends of the bumper but I crushed one against a tree and couldn't find the right same one to replaced it with so I just pulled the other one off the other end.

I might have to steal your idea for the fog lights, looks really cool

Chulisohombre 07-06-2016 12:12 AM

No problem there if you do. They work great and are out of the way. With the aluminum mesh grill insert it doesn't block a lot of the light from behind there either. It would still work good with a standard grill but the thickness of the plastic would block more of the light from coming through I'm guessing.

codejitsu 07-08-2016 10:07 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Finished my bumper. Filled some holes, Sanded,primed and painted

preciador6 07-08-2016 12:40 PM

Installed a 5.3 vortec on my 72 k5

preciador6 07-08-2016 12:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by preciador6 (Post 7647059)
Installed a 5.3 vortec on my 72 k5

pic