The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Project Grande Slam: Coley's Hot Rod Shop (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=510160)

VA72C10 06-24-2012 07:38 PM

Re: Project Grande Slam: Coley's Hot Rod Shop

cool!!!

CHYNSPR 06-24-2012 08:13 PM

How much drop are the Hotchkiss springs you ordered? I see they have a 4" drop front spring...curious how that would work

CC69Rat 06-24-2012 08:26 PM

I called Hotchkis about that very thing.. it is a 2" spring with a big block, 1.875" on my small block. So 2.5 on the spindles + a little less than 2 on the spring. I agree they are listed as a 4" spring on some websites (?)

Im building this gmc for a driver and something I could autocross too if I wanted. I really like a road feel and plan on beating on this truck occasionally. :D

Even with the column shift .. yes. :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

CHYNSPR 06-25-2012 01:29 AM

That makes more sense...looking forward to seeing this thing lowered, really nice job so far

Bennett68C10 06-25-2012 08:06 AM

Nice set of parts you purchased Chad, Can't wait to see this truck dropped as well

original-71 06-25-2012 04:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
truck is looking good. not sure if you are set on wheels yet and i know you are on a budget check out these new ones from american racing called the Burnout, they also have the Blvd but couldnt save the image for some reason.

CC69Rat 06-25-2012 04:30 PM

Waiting on your Intros :lol:

Are you going to change?
Posted via Mobile Device

original-71 06-25-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC69Rat (Post 5453936)
Waiting on your Intros :lol:

Are you going to change?
Posted via Mobile Device

no after putting the 22's i would have to bring it down again which would mean cutting and iam not crazy about that idea, so iam keeping them and going with a mild bag like member bigals beautiful truck. hopefully for christmas from me to me. whats your price range for wheels ? thats one subject i love to help out with.

shawno72 06-25-2012 05:17 PM

Quit yet talking and start postin some more pics. :lol: wanna see what else pops has done. Also what brand of intake gasket did he end up going with? Didn't mean to change the subject I am just a visual person. :haha:
Posted via Mobile Device

CC69Rat 06-25-2012 10:06 PM

Going up tomorrow to work on it. :metal: My last day of vacation. I have been in FL for about 10 days.

I have to put brakes on my wife's RSX in the morning but around lunch I'm going to pull the seat out and put the new carpet and sill plates in it. I'll post up some more pics soon. I bought some polished stainless strips and bolts for the wood bed conversion (67Cheby, thank you my brotha!)

I need a seat cover, door panels, bed wood and fender well bolts and I'm finished making it purdy. By that time my drop stuff will be in hopefully. The bed is looking really good.

It might have to sit on jack stands for a week or so once I get the brakes on, etc. It will more than likely be either C57's or the polished Coys C5.

My big brake (modular) kit might move the track width around a little bit so once I get it all on and at ride hight I'm going to measure with the Wheelrite and just call and get them at that point. Honestly the budget is a bit tapped for a few weeks but yeah .. I could have gotten disk / drum .. but I just like the looks of the 4 wheel discs.

AND, .. they will get used, I promise. :lol:

I have some 20's just laying around too .. I might have to borrow those for a minute. (the offset is all wrong of course but it will get the truck on the ground if needed)

original-71 06-25-2012 10:33 PM

if those are your choices IMO i vote the C57's

VA72C10 06-25-2012 10:46 PM

Looking forward to seeing the interior complete!

CC69Rat 06-26-2012 06:34 AM

If the budget allows I might do the Centerlines I posted prior.. well see. I just have to park this truck outside and dont want to put 4k into wheels I cant keep up.. or drive daily.

Yeah, me too Jonathan. It already looks like a different truck. The drop and wheels will give it a whole new personality

Thanks all. :D
Posted via Mobile Device

gringoloco 06-26-2012 09:26 AM

Ready for the slam part of this build :chevy: er... :gmc:

CC69Rat 06-26-2012 03:25 PM

Parts ship 7/9. I cant wait..

Pulling the seat now.. Ill post up some pictures in a little bit
Posted via Mobile Device

shawno72 06-26-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC69Rat (Post 5455697)
Parts ship 7/9. I cant wait..

Pulling the seat now.. Ill post up some pictures in a little bit
Posted via Mobile Device

Anxiously waiting.....:sumo::lol:

CC69Rat 06-26-2012 08:59 PM

4 Attachment(s)
RSX - New binders = happy wifey :D

I have some bad news though. When I bough the truck it had about a 12x14" square galvanized plate that had been screwed onto the floor. I never really knew why so Dad and I took it off today to find out. You can't see any rust through from the bottom so we were expecting a little surface rust from the top maybe? The carpet had been removed too so maybe the jute padding kept it wet for a few years? Who knows ..

I found some HUGE rust problems. I think I'm gonna sell this cab.

screaminchevypickup 06-26-2012 09:02 PM

Fix it!!! Simple enough!!
Posted via Mobile Device

CC69Rat 06-26-2012 09:02 PM

5 Attachment(s)
:D :lol:

just kiddin ..

Dad is going to cut a patch in the next few days, weld it in and we're ready to go. Dynamat is next on the list.

Just some floor pan shots overall, and the finished dash ( with the Jeff Beck 8 Track! )

CC69Rat 06-26-2012 09:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
After it was scrubbed and cleaned good with Simple green and a brush.

Just messin around Screamin :lol:

CC69Rat 06-26-2012 09:10 PM

Accidentally posted one twice.. sorry.

New carpet, sill plates and door seals (prameter rubber) going in hopefully one day this week. We're expecting 102-105 degree heat in TN over the next few days + the humidity it is brutal to even be outside.

VA72C10 06-26-2012 09:28 PM

Wow, what a junk cab! :haha:

lolife99 06-26-2012 09:49 PM

Nice, nice, nice.
Love the new lowered seat height.

Great work, like always.
(steering wheel and column look sweet also!)
Posted via Mobile Device

CC69Rat 06-26-2012 10:03 PM

Is it a big deal to lower the seat?

In all seriousness .. I had thought about it. Didn't Keith lower the one in Hazel ? Is there a write up on it ?

I was just sitting in it so dad and I could roll it out of the garage. We had the battery cable off when we pulled the seat just incase of a wire short, or something in the sending unit, etc. The truck is running and driving now and is dependable we're just making it sharp inside and finishing up the bed.

lolife99 06-26-2012 10:08 PM

n2billet is the seat lowering expert.

I was in the process of making a jig to keep all the floor and seat "bolt holes" in line,... so I can cut mine down.
I haven't finished the process yet.
I think about 1" in front of the bracket,... and 1-1/2"-2" in the rear of the bracket,... puts a comfortable rake into the seat.