The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Heavy Haulers (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=239)
-   -   Rack bodies,Dump bodies,Flat beds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=676420)

C10 - C90 Bill 07-27-2015 12:06 AM

Re: Rack bodies,Dump bodies,Flat beds

Looks real solid and pretty nice.

Looks like it has low miles on it.

Like the Rollback too.

keith cservak 07-27-2015 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C10 - C90 Bill (Post 7254886)
Looks real solid and pretty nice.

Looks like it has low miles on it.

Like the Rollback too.

Thank you it is solid no rust some dents a lot of chips and scratches it has 48834 miles on it. the roll back is a work horse with 397890 miles on it.
Keith.

keith cservak 07-31-2015 10:31 PM

Come on guys there has to be more of these trucks that you guys want to show off I don't care about the condition.
Keith.

JPBrecheisen 08-01-2015 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith cservak (Post 7254761)
Ok guys here is mine I have not had it long but I drive it every day to and from work a little slow but it is all original as far as I can tell. It is a 1951 chevy model 6400 2 ton dump.
Keith.

Nice looking truck. That looks to be in outstanding original condition. What the history on the truck? I can't imagine thats a northern truck looking as good as it does. Most of them rusted away to oblivion up there. Unless it was like mine and was parked in the winters so it never saw any road salt.

keith cservak 08-01-2015 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPBrecheisen (Post 7260127)
Nice looking truck. That looks to be in outstanding original condition. What the history on the truck? I can't imagine thats a northern truck looking as good as it does. Most of them rusted away to oblivion up there. Unless it was like mine and was parked in the winters so it never saw any road salt.

Thanks JPBrecheisen I brought it from a gentleman in Connecticut and he got it from one in long island who got it in south Dakota and as far as I know it has all ways been garaged in the winters. And it is in fantastic shape there is no rust on the truck just the usual dings and dents. Do you have pics of your truck.
Keith.

keith cservak 08-01-2015 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPBrecheisen (Post 7260127)

Thanks JPBrecheisen I brought it from a gentleman in Connecticut and he got it from one in long island who got it in south Dakota and as far as I know it has all ways been garaged in the winters. And it is in fantastic shape there is no rust on the truck just the usual dings and dents.
Keith.

JPBrecheisen 08-01-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith cservak (Post 7260191)
Thanks JPBrecheisen I brought it from a gentleman in Connecticut and he got it from one in long island who got it in south Dakota and as far as I know it has all ways been garaged in the winters. And it is in fantastic shape there is no rust on the truck just the usual dings and dents.
Keith.

Mine is the red 1960 C60 Viking stake body earlier in this thread.
Posted via Mobile Device

keith cservak 08-01-2015 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPBrecheisen (Post 7260318)
Mine is the red 1960 C60 Viking stake body earlier in this thread.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes I know and it is a beautiful beautiful truck wish I owned it you should be proud of it I know I would be.
Keith.

JPBrecheisen 08-03-2015 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith cservak (Post 7260766)
Yes I know and it is a beautiful beautiful truck wish I owned it you should be proud of it I know I would be.
Keith.

I am, and thank you. I will see if I have a few more pics to post. I was hoping others would post their own after this thread got going.

keith cservak 08-03-2015 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPBrecheisen (Post 7261959)
I am, and thank you. I will see if I have a few more pics to post. I was hoping others would post their own after this thread got going.

Me too I know there has to be a lot more of these trucks out there.
Keith.

davischevy 09-18-2015 10:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I saw this one in Republic, MO today at an antique tractor and steam engine show. 1971 GMC 9500 with 671 Detroit and a 13 Speed Road Ranger and Hendrickson walking beam suspension. I would love to have this with a roll back on it.

C10 - C90 Bill 09-19-2015 12:07 AM

Beautiful truck.

Chrome package to boot.

greywuuf 09-19-2015 12:12 AM

Wow, that is a beauty!

greywuuf 09-19-2015 12:18 AM

This is a plain old single axle flatbed......ought to make some of you feel better about your trucks.......I just bought this one
[IMG]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5719/...b4e34856_c.jpgExterior of my spare parts truck. by Greywuuf, on Flickr[/IMG]

this is a Chevy, stil lnot sure what series ( assuming 70 ) currently a 5 speed with a 6v-53 low short tilt front and a single axle

greywuuf 09-19-2015 08:08 PM

iif you dont mind rough, here is a chevy flatbed
[IMG]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/585/2...4a0e9aed_c.jpgSuprise! by Greywuuf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Compared to that Black one earlier this one aint much but at least I have a direction!

jumpsoffrock 09-19-2015 08:56 PM

Lord Almighty, that Alaska sure is hard on her work trucks. (Truth be told, my CA truck looks worse)

greywuuf 09-20-2015 01:30 AM

Jumpsoffrock, thanks but I think you are just trying to make me feel better. I can look at it two ways...one, "man that thing needs a lot of work, or two "I've got a lot to work with"
I am considering tidying things up and trying to drive her home.

C10 - C90 Bill 09-20-2015 12:32 PM

Replacing the Front Clip will make a world of difference.

Looks very restorable from what I can see.

Keep us posted on it.

greywuuf 09-20-2015 02:21 PM

Bill, if I can find a clip up here that would be ideal, if not shipping will kill me.....I am going to talk to the green dump truck guy and see if I can take a "mould" off his fender ...and then do some creative reconstruction. I am pretty handy with glass (and I have a vacuum pump and 10 gallons of resin )...the rusted through door edge and cab corner actually concern me more.

davischevy 09-20-2015 04:17 PM

The black one actually had a "For Sale" sign on it. $7,500.

I wish I could get it out of my mind. It's like a song you can't get out of your head.

There's a little bald headed fat guy sitting on my shoulder that keeps saying "buy it, she won't stay gone"

C10 - C90 Bill 09-20-2015 07:14 PM

That's a pretty good price for a truck that nice.

greywuuf 09-20-2015 09:01 PM

$7500 for the black one? Oh man, that is steal in my opinion. I don't have it and it may as well be $75,000....

Oh well I am into my pair for 1500...so say the grey one I posted is "worth" $500......I am pretty sure I will have considerable more than 7500 in it before I have it looking like that black one. I can get part way there with a steam cleaner, much time and sweat, but paint and chrome add up really fast. heck a set of "Alcoas" and new tires would eat up a very big chunk of 7500.

greywuuf 09-23-2015 02:03 PM

Been trying to caption and edit some photo's in my album. There are some interesting detail photo's( if you find weird old trucks interesting) in this album.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskhpK1DG

this is a "company truck" Purchased I think new by the engineering and survey firm for the trans Alaska pipeline, it then was sold to a maintenance contractor for the same project, and finally fell into private hands. it has had a hard life and has had at least two drive trains in it ( three if you count what it came out of the factory with .. before its conversion to all wheel drive )

some of the cold weather mods are fun ( air activated thermo controlled radiator shutters , extra heaters, spray foam firewall lining )

GM72K10 11-15-2015 10:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
GMC General Dump for sale on Gov Planet

http://www.govplanet.com/for-sale/Tr...gmc&pnLink=yes

C10 - C90 Bill 11-15-2015 01:55 PM

Nice clean truck with low miles.

Looks like it has a 6-92 Detroit.