The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Tahoe is totaled. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=355835)

BarryB 08-02-2009 09:34 PM

Re: Tahoe is totaled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorkinLonghorn (Post 3443895)
Sometimes it takes a while for orthopedic type problems to show up. Hopefully none will.

Yes im glad to hear there wasn't any major injuries to your family. Thats the most important thing.
I want to add, in the case of a settlment don't go down easy. I have a friend that was rearended by a drunk driver 15 years earlier. He is disabled because of the injuries recieved in the wreck. So I believe he's had three backs surgeries with the 4 years I've known him. Sometimes they don't show up right away. and be sure to take it easy for 2-3 weeks give your body time to heal.
Oh and for the tahoe, you can buy it back from the insurance company. Usually pretty cheap too. You'll just need to ask.

big_al_71 08-02-2009 09:38 PM

I am glad everyone is OK.....she wont remember anything as she was too blasted to remember probably.......

screwballl 08-02-2009 09:41 PM

good to hear everyone is ok... I had a much worse accident in 2004 and got squat from the insurance company.

One thing to remember, in most states you have every right to get your personal belongings out and off of the vehicle, and that includes any custom parts or pieces you added. You mentioned the cold air intake, I see custom taillights, and anything else you added custom. I would check with the local laws before removing anything to make sure, but I know most states allow this since it goes to the junk yard or crusher anyways..

Richard8971 08-02-2009 09:43 PM

Man that sucks, but I am really glad you and your family are OK. Please keep us posted on how the progress is going with the after affects.

D

68C15 08-03-2009 07:19 AM

all the comments I want to say have already been said, but i was wondering. do you plan to go to her court date? talk to the state's attorney and tell him you want to be present and acknowledged. it would be better yet if you had pics of you and family alongside the Tahoe.
my reasons for bringing this up is not to make sure she gets the full legal penalty but so she gets a sober look at what her actions do. it might save another family later. I think I would let the judge know my intentions as well. religion is not allowed here so I will just mention how I disagree with revenge or any attempt to make life difficult for the accused. I would forgive her directly.

jchav62 08-03-2009 09:02 AM

Very scary Greg. Thank God you guys are okay!!!

shrunken66stroker 08-03-2009 05:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jchav62 (Post 3444855)
Very scary Greg. Thank God you guys are okay!!!

Thanks Joe. We are very lucky. I went to the tow yard today to get the rest of my stuff out of the truck. I took a few pics while I was there. I can't stop replaying the whole thing in my head. I remember every little detail especially the big bang when we were hit. I hope it fades over time.

ChiefRocka 08-03-2009 05:24 PM

Man...I see the car seat back, how scary that must of been !!!!!

DirtyLarry 08-03-2009 05:24 PM

:eek: WOW! Glad to hear the entire family came out unscathed, which is the reason we buy like big cars. Unfortunatley, that Hoe does indeed look totaled. I could sure use those front seats (even the mangled one) and center console for my 2005 HD! :lol:

MacAttack 08-03-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 3443654)
She tried to run after ?? What a frickin low-life man....she didn't even think about checking on the people.....

That's about as low as it goes - judge should remove the privilege to drive, forever, and make sure she does some really hard time - for a long piece.

Mac. :smoke:

shrunken66stroker 08-03-2009 07:18 PM

Agreed Mac. I'm going to the sentencing to see it for myself. If they let me get up and say anything I will.

mclairmo 08-03-2009 07:58 PM

Thank God you are all ok. I can't believe that nobody was severely injured, what a blessing and thanks to GM for making a tough vehicle. Had your vehicle been any smaller, the passenger side occupants cold have been injured far worse. Not to add stress to an already stressful situaitn, but you may want to just call a local personal injury attorney to make sure that the scumbag's insurance takes care of you adequately. Her insurance company may try to lowball you. You deserve to be compensated for all of your injuries, physical, mental and otherwise. Don't let any of them get off easy. This was a very serious and awful thing that she did to you and your family and it could have been avoided had she exercised some common decency and humanity. How gross.

Boog 08-03-2009 10:18 PM

Absolutely fantastic you and your family got out with minor injuries. Says a lot to how well the Chevy trucks are built. I feel better about my wife being in her Burb while out on the road. Yeah it don't get great mileage but it is a safer vehicle. Sitting up a few inches higher made the difference in where your truck was struck versus a lower built car. You might not have been so fortunate.
As to the possible sentence she might get don't be surprised if she gets a light sentence if only because there were no fatalities. I know of a young man who driving drunk in a dually ran a stop sign and tboned a woman in a lexus, drivers side, mid afternoon. Killed her. He got off with about 2 years in prison. He's out now and drinking as much as before. Like father like son. Nice family but they're alcoholics. IMO he should have gotten a lot more time than 2 years. Her death and loss to her family should be worth way more than 2 years of his life.

Jerry Jones 08-03-2009 11:24 PM

My goodness, good for you and your family that you came out "ok". I hope things work out for you as far as the car goes.

truckdude239 08-04-2009 06:46 AM

thank god yal alright cars can be replaced people can not. good luck and best of wishes to you and you family

Joemomma1 10-19-2009 11:31 PM

Any updates on the drunk driver, what she got, if you dont mind.

tvblazer78 10-20-2009 01:21 PM

I feel a lot better after seening that, I know now that my wife is safe in her 04 Yukon. Man I am happy that you guys are ok and the kids.

shrunken66stroker 10-20-2009 04:42 PM

I haven't heard anything about the DD. I've gotten letters in the mail from the DA's office wanting to know about the extent of our injuries. They prosecute depending on injuries to the victims I guess. Everything is going through the lawyer at this point. I really haven't done anything in the last few weeks except go to physical therapy for my back. My wife has been going three times a week with me and we're both getting much better. She's got a ways to go before all of the pain is gone but it gets a little easier every day. The kids weren't hurt and are too young to even remember, thankfully.
I bought another Tahoe. I couldn't see putting the family in anything else after the accident.

Thanks for asking.

Joemomma1 10-21-2009 02:28 AM

Its good to hear everyones getting better. Your back is not something you want to get hurt. Best of luck to you and yours.

tvblazer78 10-21-2009 03:46 PM

Well that's good that you all are getting better.. Good luck with all this..

sams60gmc 10-25-2009 02:25 PM

Glad to hear everyone is okay! The Tahoe is replaceable..

purplehavoc 10-25-2009 04:00 PM

WOW.
Glad to hear everybody was ok.
The laws need to change for drinking and driving.Accidents are to much of a common occurance now,and the people at fault just seem to get a slap on the wrist.