The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   *SHELL GAME* (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=256484)

hotrodhomi 09-22-2007 10:32 PM

Re: *SHELL GAME*

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTR72GMC (Post 2366437)
So Are You Going To Start On Your Blazer Soon?????

+1

Rokcrln 09-28-2007 09:25 AM

Well I drove the truck to work this week (304miles round trip per day) and it did flawlessly. I had her opened up most of the time between 70 and 90mph (that was keeping up with trafic on I-5 and I-99) and still got about 16MPG out of it. The only thing I want to look into doing in the next few months before paint is streaching the pedab out abit. I am 6' and getting older and my legs don't like being bent for long periods of time. What I would like to do it two fold, first move the brake and gass pedal about 3" tward the fire wall for more leg room and second is have a nice bench seat built that is only about half as thick in the back as the stock seat. This will give me 6" of extra leg room and should make a world of differance in driving commfort.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

67ChevyRedneck 09-28-2007 09:32 AM

That's a great idea. I've thought about "wouldn't it be cool..." if I could move the pedals closer to the firewall. The gas pedal is fine, but even at 5'8" I have to lift my leg back to use the brake, whereas in new cars you can just rotate your foot counterclockwise. The majority of my driving is stop and go in Greenville.

That's great low buck is getting paint!

Rokcrln 09-28-2007 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 2378715)
That's a great idea. I've thought about "wouldn't it be cool..." if I could move the pedals closer to the firewall. The gas pedal is fine, but even at 5'8" I have to lift my leg back to use the brake, whereas in new cars you can just rotate your foot counterclockwise. The majority of my driving is stop and go in Greenville.

That's great low buck is getting paint!

My brake is fine but my gas pedal is what is causing my leg cramps. But while I am moving the gas pedal I might as well move the brake so they are both in reach. As far as paint that wil be awhile out as I have two customer builds I need to get cracking on. I have not had the time in the last month to get as far on the Trazer project as I should have so Low Buck will need to set on the back burner for awhile.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Hart_Rod 09-28-2007 01:06 PM

Why not just add cruise control?! :D

Rokcrln 09-28-2007 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hart_Rod (Post 2379009)
Why not just add cruise control?! :D

Oh I will be but it does not work well in stop and go!

Kevin
LFD Inc.

72highlander 09-28-2007 03:29 PM

got any pics of the whole truck as it sits?

Rokcrln 09-28-2007 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72highlander (Post 2379178)
got any pics of the whole truck as it sits?

Yes look up "LFD's Low Buck Truck build" on this page!

Kevin
LFD Inc.

gringoloco 09-28-2007 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokcrln (Post 2378710)
What I would like to do it two fold, first move the brake and gass pedal about 3" tward the fire wall for more leg room and second is have a nice bench seat built that is only about half as thick in the back as the stock seat. This will give me 6" of extra leg room and should make a world of differance in driving commfort.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

I'd love to see a write-up on this. 6'6" here. It's a little tight...

Hart_Rod 09-28-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokcrln (Post 2379025)
Oh I will be but it does not work well in stop and go!

Kevin
LFD Inc.

You could always install brake and throttle paddles on the steering wheel, :lol: .

CHYNSPR 09-28-2007 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gringoloco (Post 2379411)
I'd love to see a write-up on this. 6'6" here. It's a little tight...

Ditto, 6'3" here so every little bit helps!!!

Rokcrln 09-28-2007 11:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I will figure it out but I have no time right now with all that is going on. I have one customer build in the shop right now that I have not had time to get on and I feel really bad about but Sunday that will change. As of Saturday I will be done with all my Family work I have put off for so long. I will be building a 12x30 car port for my uncle in exchange for all our carpet that he layed before my son was born.
On the bright side I get to finaly use my truck for work:metal: I wired in the brake controller today and got it all set up for towing. I have a 16' carson car hauler with 12 sheets of 3/4" ply, (22) pieces of 2x4 16ga metal studs, (15) pieces of track, 2 rolls of 30lb felt, saws, screws hand tools, ladders and a perri scafold all loaded and ready to go. I added some air to my rear bags to level things out and at 6am I will be headed off to Sacramento to get this done.

Kevin
LFD inc.

Rokcrln 10-05-2007 07:20 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I wanted to keep track of my new tranny temp but also wanted to clean up the interior abit. For me that ment getting rid of the funky 2 gauge clusted that is mounted below the A/C controls. So my oil psi is hooked back up to the factory dash cluster gauge and soon so will be the water temp.
The trans temp I wanted in a not so visible place for all to see but I needed to be able to see it while driving So I made a gauge pod to fit along side the stock set up between the door and cluster. It turned our pretty good for my first fiberglass project in over 15yrs. It will end up getting painted the same color as the dash once the truck gets painted.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Rokcrln 10-05-2007 07:21 PM

4 Attachment(s)
And the mounted pics. It is a 2 1/6" auto meter gauge. I hooked it up this morning and it works great!

Kevin
LFD inc.

revn67 10-06-2007 11:47 AM

that was a good idea and it looks clean, i also love the tranny crossmember too!! i love the whole truck actually...great job so far

skokie 10-06-2007 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokcrln (Post 2378896)
My brake is fine but my gas pedal is what is causing my leg cramps. But while I am moving the gas pedal I might as well move the brake so they are both in reach. As far as paint that wil be awhile out as I have two customer builds I need to get cracking on. I have not had the time in the last month to get as far on the Trazer project as I should have so Low Buck will need to set on the back burner for awhile.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Kevin

When you move the pedals back are we going to see a write up on it :) I am only 5ft 9 but It does get cramped after a while.

Brad

abebummy26 10-10-2007 03:07 PM

Can you say sleeper man that thing is sweet