The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds 88-98 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Project Tahoe on a Budget (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=353050)

Blitz 08-21-2009 01:22 AM

Re: Well I am part of you guys now..

Hey what about the Yukon GT flares? They're factory and I always wondered what either a truck or Tahoe/Yukon would look like dropped with the flares. Are those removable or a permanent part of the 4 wheel drive package trucks?

And...it goes without saying, "I'm super jelaous of the $900 find". The interior looks pretty clean too. (sigh) One day.

joe231 08-21-2009 07:45 AM

:no: all this talk about flares and running boards makes me wanna :puke:

I don't even like the flares and other crap on the 4X4's
:lol:

don't hate me because I'm opinionated ;)

Palf70Step 08-21-2009 09:19 AM

Hate is such a strong word................................

but I agree with you on thispoint, so I guess I am evil also. ;)

Palf70Step 08-21-2009 09:20 AM

Hate is such a strong word................................

but I agree with you on thispoint, so I guess I am evil also. ;)

joe231 08-21-2009 09:54 AM

:haha:

we should join our evil forces and use it to rid the world of fender flares and running boards :devil:

60ratrod 08-21-2009 02:20 PM

(hisses and attempts to use a sinister voice for diabolical monolog) you'll never rid this world of running boards and fender flares.........soon there'll be a ricer on every street with exhaust systems making them sound like pissed off over grown weed eaters!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:lol::lol::lol:

hey, to each their own i guess. i kinda like the flares and running boards on my truck, but i guess i would have to see it before i like it

DISCLAIMER: i hate those friggen pissed off over grown weed eaters. there's a couple that fly down the street that i live off of here. i would love to toss out a spike strip when they do.

Blitz 08-21-2009 03:09 PM

You must be thinking of some Muddin' "woooo doggie" Bushwacker type fender flares. (in British stuffy, snooty accent) "I was referring, my fellow brothers to the tasteful, distinguished OEM flares that were so gracefully applied to the Yukon GT". Think also GMC Syclone but without the entire ground effects package.

joe231 08-21-2009 03:28 PM

Nah
We had the factory flares on our 1995 suburban.....hated them, but the wife wouldn't let me ditch 'em :banghead:
finally sold the sub:metal:

Blitz 08-21-2009 03:32 PM

Guess it depends on tastes and in some cases color contrast. I, like you, hated 'em when it'd be a blue truck with coffee colored bottom trim and flare. Much nicer as a monochromatic set. But again, that's perspective.

joe231 08-21-2009 03:46 PM

I hear ya there

our sub was blue/green with tan/peanut butter on the bottom and the flares.....it matched the leather interior, but I didn't care for it.....

60ratrod 08-21-2009 07:31 PM

that's why i'm glad my truck is monochromatic on the outside. all dark gm metallic blue:metal:

tvblazer78 08-21-2009 09:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Wow! A lot going on here today in this post!:lol:

It's all good, about the wheels it's up in the air right now. I do like the way this one looks. But I would like to put the same wheels on it like my blazer but I know the wife will not go for that..

Blitz 08-21-2009 10:57 PM

I think I'd rather see the Vintecs also. The Rebels would be hot too. Find a way to do it. ;)

copperchevy 08-23-2009 01:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The silver tahoe above switched from 5 to 6 lug to run them boss wheels.

tvblazer78 08-23-2009 01:44 PM

Wow! I did see that is was 6 lug but I was just thinking it was a 4x4 before.. Man that's a lot of work just to run them.. But it does look sick!

tvblazer78 10-22-2009 11:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well look what I found today. It was a cash for clunkers truck, but I knew the truck before that. I was just in the right place at the right time, I had to get a new computer for the Tahoe and yes it went out and I found one for $50 so it's all good. But anyway I did not know what junk yard that truck was going to, so I gave up on it, but then guess what I saw it come in on a truck just as I was getting back in the car, so I ran back in and told that guy I want that grille, bumpers front and back. He said you will have to come back later the truck is not in the computer yet and I told him I know that. That's why I want if before it all go's. So he went to back and talked to some guys and came back out and said $350 and you can have the parts.:jdp: I told him he can keep it, and then he said ok what can you pay? I said $150 everything, then he came back and said $200 tax everything out the door and you can have it..:metal: Hell ya so here is my stuff.. And it's the same color at the Tahoe!!

jb1016 10-22-2009 04:20 PM

Nice haul man. Looks to be in pretty good shape (especially to be headed to the junkyard, but don't get me started on C4C). There's nothing better than being in the right place at the right time!

k5hart 10-22-2009 06:49 PM

Great score! I almost got a GMC grill from a C4C but I choose to get some other parts off another truck. Within 30 minutes someone else got the grill. I was mad but I should have gotten when I saw it. I wish I could find a white one.

tvblazer78 10-24-2009 08:35 AM

It's sad on how many nice cars and trucks have been traded in for CFC. I just saw a 98 Tahoe on Friday that had 92,000 miles on it and it was nice, I got some parts off of it and two guys were taking the seats out at the same time, so it will go fast..

tvblazer78 11-16-2009 01:53 PM

5 Attachment(s)
The new bumpers and grille are on and I am driving it.:metal: I did some work on the dash and I also have all the parts to lower it now. I did have some time to buff out the paint and it looks a lot better but I will have to do some paint work on it. As of today I have $1600 in it with all the parts to lower, but I do have a lot of my time in it. The next time free time to work on it will be 2 weeks and I will have it on the ground by then, so more pics to come.

tvblazer78 11-16-2009 01:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
More,

joe231 11-16-2009 03:54 PM

Looks nice!!
talk about a budget cruiser :metal:

jb1016 11-16-2009 05:32 PM

Looks great -- looks even better for just $1600.

Palf70Step 11-16-2009 06:57 PM

Excellent! :metal: Really great for the price!!

VA72C10 11-17-2009 12:13 AM

Looks great. Going to look even better lowered. I love your vintecs, but for the price a nice set of black rims with polished lips look really good on a black truck. Plus, it will be really mean looking all black...

I like the mods you've made w/ the trim removal, new bumpers and grille, and dash update.

And that is AWESOME for 1600!!!

Probably could sell it for 5-7K once you lower it.