The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   New rubber Whats next? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=392977)

68 C-10 KID 05-07-2012 09:05 PM

Re: New rubber Whats next?

4 Attachment(s)
Well all hope every one has had a great year thus far and best of luck at the stripe.
This is what I have been tinkering on my spare time when its not raining or I'm not working.
A pair of HP Holley 750's, Aerospace engineering brakes, and body and fender on my 71 Nova.
I also switching over to the M/T drag radials. Bias just plane suck on the street.

Best of luck.

hotrod 80 05-07-2012 11:11 PM

Radials are alot nicer on the street , but it can be challenging to get the power down on them . I have drag raials for the street and bias on seperate rims for the track . I run all M/T . Heard the quick time pros work though .

Do you have the Areo space on the rear ? What master cylinder are you using ? I have them front and rear and was thinking about swapping to the dodge mini van master cylinder . Sorry to high jack .

bigboybodry 05-08-2012 06:52 AM

Man that's one *****in ride!
Posted via Mobile Device

68 C-10 KID 05-08-2012 08:55 AM

Posted via Mobile DeviceI do the same, switch over to the bias drags at the track when I don't like to run the quick time pros. Yes I have them on the rear also. I tried the dodge master. The pattern was to small to bolt up to the Factory studs. So I used my ccp disc disc master and took off the prop valve. The pedal feels a little soft. I think it's due to the bore being 1-1/4" and not the 1-1/8" like recommended.

bigboybodry 05-08-2012 04:44 PM

What front shock mount is that I haven't seen it before? Does it give you more shock travel over stock style shocks?
Posted via Mobile Device

hotrod 80 05-08-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 C-10 KID (Post 5360031)
Posted via Mobile DeviceI do the same, switch over to the bias drags at the track when I don't like to run the quick time pros. Yes I have them on the rear also. I tried the dodge master. The pattern was to small to bolt up to the Factory studs. So I used my ccp disc disc master and took off the prop valve. The pedal feels a little soft. I think it's due to the bore being 1-1/4" and not the 1-1/8" like recommended.

I have the Dodge master new in the box . Mine has the stock disc drum master with factory prop valve . I also have =4 braided rear lines so it takes some fluid to get the rears activated . It works surprisingly well .

68 C-10 KID 05-08-2012 11:15 PM

Good deal, I also have the -4 lines to the rear calipers. The swing shift manager I bought the brake kit from recommended me to switch to hard line in the rear.
How's your set up treating you? Seen you have been putting in some work,

68 C-10 KID 05-08-2012 11:24 PM

Thanks for the kind words.
The shock brackets were designed for the air bag trucks. Its dual purpose in my eyes, gives us longer travel up front.
I got the brackets from Nate. (Porterbuilt)
I think they are a vendor on this site.

Super73 05-09-2012 01:39 AM

Looking good!! Any interest in meeting me in Medford some time? Would be fun to get you and BigJim there. Maybe even a few other west coast guys.

68 C-10 KID 05-09-2012 06:25 AM

Hell yes. I always wanted to head down south and race anyway. One day I would like to go to the hot rod reunion too.
I just need a 3 week look ahead due to the extream work schedule.

Have a good one, loving the truck btw.
Mike.
Posted via Mobile Device