The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Squarebody Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Shop truck build (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=622194)

Whamo 09-09-2017 02:25 PM

Re: Shop truck build

1 Attachment(s)
Soooo...the other day I snapped the post on my vent window just trying to open the dang thing...I became obvious that the both need rebuilt...

I happen to have a spare lying around and I am gonna use it for a guinea pig.

I am familiar with www.prp.com and their window handle kit...which is awesome! I need to rebuild the lower area and can't find a replacement sprin...anybody got any advice?

MTCK 09-11-2017 02:53 AM

Cool build. What became of Maude?

HunterRotten 09-11-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whamo (Post 8035728)
Soooo...the other day I snapped the post on my vent window just trying to open the dang thing...I became obvious that the both need rebuilt...

I happen to have a spare lying around and I am gonna use it for a guinea pig.

I am familiar with www.prp.com and their window handle kit...which is awesome! I need to rebuild the lower area and can't find a replacement sprin...anybody got any advice?

http://www.classicparts.com/1955-90-.../#.WbaMgMiGOUk

daddyjeep 09-11-2017 01:06 PM

I will follow along with your build. Who knows, maybe in a few more years it will resemble your vision for it. :)

LT7A 09-13-2017 06:09 AM

Great buy on the flatbed. I hope you get the pickup to come out how you'd like. Cool furniture and pretty girl. Might be able to do handsprings with those.

Whamo 09-20-2017 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, finally made room for her in the shop...front end tear down starts, now...

squarebody87 09-21-2017 08:08 AM

Subscribed. The truck is a TBI 4.3 1987 right? I have the K10 Shortbed with 4.3 TBI and 700r4. Then I also have 87 Longbed C10 305 TBI. Love looking at other peoples builds for ideas for my C10.

Whamo 10-17-2017 10:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
finally getting some pics up...my little Girl is missing her front teeth...

Whamo 10-17-2017 10:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
out with the old

daddyjeep 10-18-2017 12:14 PM

progress... cool

PAPABEAR 10-18-2017 12:28 PM

Nice! Good to see you back on it. I need a swift kick in the behind to get back on my project. Keep up the progress.

Whamo 11-02-2017 09:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
got a little time in the shop today...finally...swapping rubber for poly...

Whamo 11-05-2017 10:30 PM

Squarebody 87...Annabelle (that's her name) did have the vortec v6 in her and it was nothing but trouble...dropped in a 350 from a 75 donor...it could use a rebuild and I hope to get to that around January...but it runs just fine for now...
I will say that a feller should be care with Seafoam cause the stuff works too well! After running a tank through, the new/old 350 started smoking on startup...I'm sure it's time for a valve job and the Seafoam musta loosened up all the gunk that was acting as a seal...

Whamo 11-05-2017 10:38 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Cleaned up the front calipers a bit and tossed some paint on em...I know you all may think me a bit off for shootin 'em green but it will match my studio's logo that will be painted freehand on the doors...

Since I'm not into neon green, I had to pass over the duplicolor stuff and go with some barbecue grill paint and then some high heat clear...hope it don't bubble and peel...

daddyjeep 11-06-2017 01:42 PM

I am more of a neon green guy myself, but I do like that green. It should be a nice subtle accent.

Whamo 11-07-2017 11:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Sandblaster gloggin up...shoulda used the wire wheel...may have to redo these...

Hankster 11-12-2017 07:33 PM

One of these days I'll tear mine apart and re-do the front end.

Whamo 11-12-2017 11:41 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Soooo...Gregski inspired me to do something with my cracked up dash...not exactly sure what direction I'ma gonna go but before I do anything...it had to be stripped.

3 hours, several cuts and some sore muscles later, I had a trash bag full of foam, plastic and crud...

daddyjeep 11-13-2017 01:36 PM

That Gregski is such a trouble maker. I am interested to see how this goes.

jhama78 11-13-2017 03:48 PM

The doll's head is definitely nightmare fuel... :lol::lol:

Whamo 11-13-2017 03:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jhama78 (Post 8081589)
The doll's head is definitely nightmare fuel... :lol::lol:

Yes she is jhama78! I found her creepin around one of my barn projects...here’s another shot of her the night i found her...

Whamo 12-12-2017 12:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well.........
This build seems to be cursed with setbacks...every time it gets a'movin, sumptin happens! This time a torn rotator cuff put my plans on hold. Not to be thrawted, I had my mechanic buddy agree to step in and take over, but the Ford Demons afflicted him with a crazy sickness that put him out fer 3 weeks...the devil drives a ford and he's been busy!

We are sloooowly getting things back together...

Whamo 01-20-2018 10:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Benefit #12 of living by yourself...nobody complains about the gas tank in the kitchen...
#lifewinning

Whamo 01-21-2018 08:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Alrighty...time to detail what I've been doing to my Annabelle...

I live in the hood on the eastside of Indianapolis (by choice) and the roads aint the greatest. Well, the shocks had given up the ghost and with the potholes my ride was bouncin like a hoopdee. After crawlin underneath and seein the arthritic state of my steering components, I realized it was time for some surgery.

Did a little research and decided to give a rebuild kit from performanceonline.com. Specifically this kit...
https://www.performanceonline.com/73...-kit-frk7387p/

When I got the kit, I laid out the components and did a direct comparison to MOOG, Duralast and Valuecrap. I was pleasantly surprised! Visually, they look very similar to Moog and Duralast ED - when buying Duralast, look for the words "Enhanced Design" on the box, these parts are made to Moog specs by Federal Mogul (which makes MOOG)...

The parts went together smoooth and actually fit like they were supposed to...Huh! Pics to come and I let you know how they ride - gonna be a bit before she hits the road...

Whamo 01-21-2018 08:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Since things were gonna be in pieces it was time to lower things a bit...drop springs, shocks and shackles...all Belltech. I didn't go with drop spindles because I didn't think I needed them to level out the stance...welllll, that didn't exactly work out. Last year, I yanked the craptastic 4.3 disaster and dropped a 350 from a 75 donor in her. When I did, the front went down...way down and I thought I just needed to bring down the rear a bit. It's funny what new springs will do, even 2" inch drop springs. Long story short, the 2" inch drop only gave me a 1/2" drop, so I ordered the some Belltech drop spindles.

Ain't they just the cutest...they even sent me some Go Fast stickers - they gotta be good for at least 10 horses...I'll post pics before and after...here's the before...