The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What's the seat cover to have these days? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=836911)

TKCR 08-17-2022 08:50 PM

Re: What's the seat cover to have these days?

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bennylava (Post 9113770)
Speaking of those seat belt guides, do you happen to know how to get those things out? Looks like they're kind of pressed together somehow. The two that are in the factory seat cover. I believe I can get them out, but not without mangling them :waah:

Once you have the cover off, it’s easier to turn the cover over and just pry the white retainer up off the Bezel with a molding removal tool.

bennylava 08-18-2022 09:27 AM

I wasn't sure if they'd just break when you try to pry them apart. Do they go back together fairly easily? It looks like they're made to be "one time use". Been so many years since I did a bench seat that I've long since forgotten

TKCR 08-18-2022 09:48 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bennylava (Post 9114114)
I wasn't sure if they'd just break when you try to pry them apart. Do they go back together fairly easily? It looks like they're made to be "one time use". Been so many years since I did a bench seat that I've long since forgotten

I have only had a few that have broken, and those have been severely dry rotted. I have never had any problems reusing them. They all get throughly cleaned and freshened up with dye. Do the same with the hinge garnishes.
They go back together somewhat easy. I use a tool, to push them back together nice & tight.

bennylava 08-19-2022 08:00 AM

Thanks again! Yeah they're not too difficult to deal with. Prying gets the job done.

Anyway I did some digging around cause I was curious about that site that I linked that was showing different things depending on who clicked the link. Turns out it's a well known scam site, according to my network security pals.

So if it were me, I'd remove that image you posted up on page 1 of this thread. I wouldn't want anything pointing to that. You never know, someone may see it and just go there looking around for whatever reason. Better safe than sorry, doesn't hurt anything to just remove the scammy stuff.

cwcarpenter98 08-21-2022 11:59 PM

I went ahead and removed that picture and any links left over to that scammer's site. We don't want that stuff here, so thanks for digging into it more. I hope you find a real nice seat cover!