The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=368988)

sams60gmc 12-27-2009 01:35 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Sprayed a little flat black on the truck, can't wait to get more done on the rear suspension this week.

neiloneil 12-27-2009 11:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
had to add some character to my roof;)

DPowers 12-28-2009 12:23 AM

Finished bleeding my brakes, new rear shocks on and installed my driveshaft.

Byronic 12-28-2009 03:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I picked up a few supplies to help along with progress.
The aluminum gun and gas will be here Wed.:metal:
Attachment 528261

jgh64pkup 12-28-2009 03:16 PM

watcha weldin

Rusteeze64GB 12-28-2009 03:18 PM

On Saturday, I went and bought and few gauges for my custom panel that I am going to make. I also bought a new headlight, some more paint. I installed a powersteering belt and put fluid in the power steering pump. I need to tighten the belt more it squeaks like crazy. Cleaned and installed my old tranny cooler, Cleaned up the wire harness under the dash. I added some tranny fluid, put some air in the front tire pulled the truck out of the driveway and rinsed it off. Just need to put new hardware, adjust,bleed the brakes, and wire up the voltage regulator. Trying to figure that one out. Should be on the street soon. :metal:

To do list

Install dynamat
carpet
Paint drivers side
Sand and Paint GMC grille
Fix parking Brake
Make Guage Panel and install gauges
Clean and Paint the Frame
Bolt the bed down
Put chrome trim on
Lower truck
Wheels and tires

the list gets longer everytime I work on it. :)

Byronic 12-28-2009 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgh64pkup (Post 3697289)
watcha weldin

At last count there are 28 screw holes inside the cab. Not to mention the holes in the floor board.
Attachment 528268

jgh64pkup 12-28-2009 03:46 PM

with aluminum wire?

Woogeroo 12-28-2009 04:06 PM

Yesterday... I was checking some other thing under the hood and noticed fuel leaking from the fuel line on the back side of the inline fuel filter.

So, I took it off and cut a chunk out... and clamped it all back down.

I had been smelling raw fuel but I could not find the leak... hopefully that was the only one.

I also bought a new longer piece of fuel line to do a little rerouting.

-W

blackmopar 12-28-2009 04:08 PM

started building a battery box to relocate back behind the cab under the bed - dropped off the motor at a buddies shop this am to get some of the go fast parts taken care of (cam/lifter/intake/hei/etc) while I redo the wiring and battery runs this week

Byronic 12-28-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgh64pkup (Post 3697315)
with aluminum wire?

No no. The aluminum is to weld my neighbors screen door shut.:lol:
I'm building pier carts for fishing down here in the gulf. I can make them for half of what they charge.

ravens65 12-28-2009 05:02 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well, The first thing I did was to install a Flowmaster exhaust on my 16-year olds firebird ( chrismas present from me ) the nut didn't drop to far from the tree. hahaha of course he wanted to help ( till I broke out the welder!) I have 3 boys 10,16, 23 so they aren't suprised at any thing that I build , they have seen it all- guitars, cars, trucks, model A's , houses and art work , anyone else seems to be impressed , but its nothing but a thing to them ( even thought of building a jet engine @ one time ) till we researched how dangerious that they are (momma put a stop to that project!!)they have seen chevelles, a model a, 58 chevy truck, custom harleys, sand rails and several monster trucks,and 3 4-5-6ers there I go again off the subject ... Sorry ...... I have sometimers disease, sometimes I forget what we are talking about!!!! OK after the exhaust ,I ran my oak wood for the bed thru my planer . cant believe how ruff those kits are , should have made my own !! had to drive the truck out of the garage and up the hill so that we had room to work on the firebird 's exhaust . It looked so nice sitting up there that I broke out the camera . looks like it sits too high so more lowering is in store , if all the parts were on it I think it comes down some, we'll see . Eric

jgh64pkup 12-28-2009 07:14 PM

so how does it sound

ravens65 12-28-2009 08:04 PM

like a six cylinder on steriods. noticable extra horse power, about 30 hp they claim, lets hope he can keep it between the lines . it already has a black door , a new tie rod, and a new pair of front tires from his last escapade!!!! do you remember when we were that young? Now I'm truely scared!!!! Eric

65gmc930 12-28-2009 08:53 PM

sweet truck! :thumbs:
What size are the tires?

ravens65 12-28-2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65gmc930 (Post 3697655)
sweet truck! :thumbs:
What size are the tires?

390/40/17 M&H Racemaster drag radials rear , 245/45/17 Kumho all season front , I did a 3"-4" drop to the truck and after mounting the back tires I dropped the back 2" more. it still has a nice rake to it! back rims are 11" wide and the front are 8" wide, wanted 20" but 17" is the biggest slick that you can get. I had it all together once or twice and I think that it sits lower with all the extra weight on it

65gmc930 12-28-2009 10:20 PM

Thanks

jgh64pkup 12-28-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERIC BUFFARD (Post 3697588)
like a six cylinder on steriods. noticable extra horse power, about 30 hp they claim, lets hope he can keep it between the lines . it already has a black door , a new tie rod, and a new pair of front tires from his last escapade!!!! do you remember when we were that young? Now I'm truely scared!!!! Eric

oh its a v6
well iam that young so i remember it :haha:

ravens65 12-29-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgh64pkup (Post 3697850)
oh its a v6
well iam that young so i remember it :haha:

Thats right-you are a young buck aren't you!!
its nice that our hobby won't die with us oldtimers.
don't let that 6 cylinder fool you , w/ that exhaust
it will smoke the tires from a stand still!!!

how far are you on your truck?

MXmaniac 12-29-2009 04:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Starting to mount my air bags for my manual-fill rear set-up.

markeb01 12-29-2009 06:25 PM

My truck is happiest when started every day. If left for 3 days, she gets testy and difficult. After 2 months under a cover she becomes very capricious and obstinate. So today I pulled the winter cover off and spent about 15 minutes coaxing, praising, cranking and manipulating the choke, fast idle, and throttle before arriving at the magic combination and she fired back to life. Another half hour of listening to the gear drive and mufflers while warming up to operating temperature was very soothing. I can’t wait for spring.

ravens65 12-29-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markeb01 (Post 3698842)
My truck is happiest when started every day. If left for 3 days, she gets testy and difficult. After 2 months under a cover she becomes very capricious and obstinate. So today I pulled the winter cover off and spent about 15 minutes coaxing, praising, cranking and manipulating the choke, fast idle, and throttle before arriving at the magic combination and she fired back to life. Another half hour of listening to the gear drive and mufflers while warming up to operating temperature was very soothing. I can’t wait for spring.

sounds like my wife! hahaha

scotts62 12-29-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERIC BUFFARD (Post 3698954)
sounds like my wife! hahaha

:haha:

You know i was thinking the same thing then i saw your post :lol:

jgh64pkup 12-29-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERIC BUFFARD (Post 3698409)
Thats right-you are a young buck aren't you!!
its nice that our hobby won't die with us oldtimers.
don't let that 6 cylinder fool you , w/ that exhaust
it will smoke the tires from a stand still!!!

how far are you on your truck?

i moved it into the shop again last night but just so it wouldnt get snowed on again :lol:
im building a sub box right now :D

1Bad62Pro/Street 12-29-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERIC BUFFARD (Post 3697376)
Well, The first thing I did was to install a Flowmaster exhaust on my 16-year olds firebird ( chrismas present from me ) the nut didn't drop to far from the tree. hahaha of course he wanted to help ( till I broke out the welder!) I have 3 boys 10,16, 23 so they aren't suprised at any thing that I build , they have seen it all- guitars, cars, trucks, model A's , houses and art work , anyone else seems to be impressed , but its nothing but a thing to them ( even thought of building a jet engine @ one time ) till we researched how dangerious that they are (momma put a stop to that project!!)they have seen chevelles, a model a, 58 chevy truck, custom harleys, sand rails and several monster trucks,and 3 4-5-6ers there I go again off the subject ... Sorry ...... I have sometimers disease, sometimes I forget what we are talking about!!!! OK after the exhaust ,I ran my oak wood for the bed thru my planer . cant believe how ruff those kits are , should have made my own !! had to drive the truck out of the garage and up the hill so that we had room to work on the firebird 's exhaust . It looked so nice sitting up there that I broke out the camera . looks like it sits too high so more lowering is in store , if all the parts were on it I think it comes down some, we'll see . Eric

Whatcha got plans for your bed bud? Seen where ya had to do some cuttin to make room for your hides.