The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Squarebody Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   "The Convict" (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=611611)

2000Limited 06-23-2014 11:33 PM

Re: "The Convict"

Nice, thanks for checking my thread out. Keep checking it as I finally got all the parts for the stroker build.

Hankster 06-25-2014 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000Limited (Post 6733619)
Nice, thanks for checking my thread out. Keep checking it as I finally got all the parts for the stroker build.

I check it Every time you post something! It sends me an email! I really like your truck and understand the sentimental value side of the build as well!

Hankster 06-25-2014 01:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Well I got out there and hand waxed the ole girl the other day! I took off the stainless trim from around the tail-lights, The less chrome/stainless they better! Dad and me have been messing with the wiring harness a little at a time, Anyways, Here's some pics

P.S. I also added the sticker mom got me.. Sorry the picture is sideways,

Hankster 06-26-2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hankster (Post 6628989)
Well I seen someones (TX Firefighter I think) steering wheel on here with a flowmaster sticker in the center.. I liked it so I had to steal the idea, specially since I'm going to be running dual 3 in/3out flowmasters on the truck ( They were free) P.S. Sorry about the crappy Cell-Phone Pic!

Well got to looking through Keith Seymore's thread again, And it turns out he was the one I got the flowmaster sticker idea from! Either way I like it!

Hankster 06-28-2014 05:22 PM

Alright folks, My girlfriend just broke up with me so... MORE TIME FOR THE TRUCK! (:

bucannon 06-29-2014 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hankster (Post 6728531)
Well, got a few little updates, Decided to stay 5 lug. Going to trade my wheels for a squarebody 12 bolt and rallys, (thanks 2fat2fly) took the carpet out of my truck, luckily there was the factory rubber floor mat under the carpet! I also traded my big gumbo mirrors for a pair of the sport mirrors! Pictures to follow!

so your trying to use a 73-87 rear end now?

if so, do you still have that 12 bolt from the parts truck? I might want it for the right price pm me.

I replaced my torn up rubber floor mat 3 years ago with a new one from LMC. I really like having the rubber floor since its zero maintenance and still smells new! Its nice to have that new car smell in my old beat up truck when i give someone a ride, they usually have something funny to say since my dash is so beat up.

When I ordered the new rubber mat i also ordered a new stock insulation pad. I recall driving the truck around with no flooring and the first ride with the new isulation pad and rubber mat. I couldnt believe how much quieter it was! (also how warm the floor got with nothing there! but i have headers)

also, I like the sport mirrors. they look good on low trucks IMO.

Hankster 06-29-2014 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucannon (Post 6740440)
so your trying to use a 73-87 rear end now?

Yes I am getting a 73-87 12 bolt

Quote:

if so, do you still have that 12 bolt from the parts truck? I might want it for the right price pm me.

My parts truck has a 8 lug 14 bolt. if interested you PM me! lol

Quote:

I replaced my torn up rubber floor mat 3 years ago with a new one from LMC. I really like having the rubber floor since its zero maintenance and still smells new! Its nice to have that new car smell in my old beat up truck when i give someone a ride, they usually have something funny to say since my dash is so beat up.

When I ordered the new rubber mat i also ordered a new stock insulation pad. I recall driving the truck around with no flooring and the first ride with the new isulation pad and rubber mat. I couldnt believe how much quieter it was! (also how warm the floor got with nothing there! but i have headers)

Yes, I love the rubber floor mat!

Quote:

also, I like the sport mirrors. they look good on low trucks IMO.

Yes me too! Thanks for stopping by my thread!

Sodell 07-12-2014 09:15 PM

I had my tach there, and it drove me nuts....

Hankster 07-12-2014 10:52 PM

Sodell, It'll be moved eventually... and if you must know.. I've already moved it. lol

Got plans to swap my rims for the 12 bolt rear and rallys tomorrow.. I'm excited as heck!

Hankster 07-13-2014 10:29 PM

I got the wheels and 12 bolt today! I love the look of the rallys more then I thought I would. The tires are almost brand new. I put the wheels on, but not the rear end, i wanna clean it up first! Pictures to follow tomorrow!

Sodell 07-13-2014 11:48 PM

Good deal, I still have my rally's...

Hankster 07-15-2014 03:13 PM

Pretty sure I have my white truck sold, So that means there should be plenty more updates on this, as I will have money to work on it!

Hankster 07-19-2014 04:33 PM

White truck has been sold, I have already started buying and putting parts on, Trans Pan Drain plug kit, Shorter Throttle cable, Headlight mounting stuff (yes she has eyes now)! Hood pins, which may be to short, Don't know yet! Gonna order all the stuff to mount the grille, and get a battery soon, still on the search for a cheap set of gen v headers, or manifolds.. finally got me a tailshaft housing, gonna start getting the tranny buttoned up soon! She's getting closer!

Cheyyenne81 07-20-2014 06:42 PM

What kind of rims are those?

Hankster 07-20-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheyyenne81 (Post 6768735)
What kind of rims are those?

Which ones? I had torque thrusts on it 15x7 front, and 15x10 on back, 245/60/15 front and 295/50/15 rear... Now i have 15x8 truck rallys on it,

Hankster 07-20-2014 10:34 PM

Ordered exhaust manifolds, gaskets, and hardware.. and radiator mounts, and all hardware to mount up my grille, Should all me here by about friday.. Can't wait, still have to get TV cable (DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE, THERE'S 5 DIFFERENT ONES) , tailshaft housing gasket(s), and a battery, then hope my driveshaft fits, then if not find one, buy a new one, or get mine cut.. Then get exhaust ran and drive it!

Hankster 07-28-2014 09:43 AM

Alright! Been Wrenching on the truck! Got the manifolds on, just had to pop the heat shields off and they fit PERFECT! Got my radiator in, hoses on, grille in, lights in, was gonna put headlight bezels on but the dude i got em from cheaped me out.. I'm gonna have to get new ones. That's another $40 I wasn't expecting to spend. Anyways, only thing left to FIRE IT UP, is Hose clamps and a battery, and some gas..

Then it's trans line, tailshaft housing gasket, hook up shifter linkage, fuel lines, and driveshaft, and then drive it!

Hankster 07-28-2014 09:48 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I still need to get a picture since I've put my dist cap and plug wires on..

Hankster 07-28-2014 01:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Didn't realize that I haven't posted a picture with the rallys..

Hankster 09-23-2014 09:09 PM

Just order braided dipsticks for the beast! Still yet to get it running, but man its close. I have now changed the name of the truck to " Project Hankenstein" . My dad came up with it, as my names "Hank" and the trucks a Frankenstein.

Sodell 09-24-2014 06:57 AM

Great name...getting close

bnoon 09-24-2014 10:31 AM

I feel kinda like I'm watching an episode of Extreme Home Makeover, but truck edition... when they chant "bus driver, move that bus" at the end, except in my head right now I'm chanting "Hankster! Turn that key! Turn that key!" LOL!

Hope it starts up for you soon.

Hankster 09-24-2014 08:13 PM

Thanks y'all! All thats left is Add drain-plug to trans pan, Speedo cable, speedo gear, cut down drive-shaft, get a battery, top of fluids and fire it up!

Hankster 09-27-2014 02:29 PM

Fired her up today! God bless its a beast!

Hankster 09-27-2014 02:34 PM

How do I upload videos? The video is on my instagram if anybody is interested.