The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Its Gone!!! hit by a DUI (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=267953)

Boog 11-27-2007 04:14 PM

Re: Its Gone!!! hit by a DUI

Man. What are the odds of all 3 of your vehicles getting hit in the same accident? And in your yard?

Canadian694x4 11-27-2007 04:16 PM

:eek: Holy Sh...Glad you or any of your family weren't hurt.

jonnybravo 11-27-2007 05:29 PM

i know its hard to see the bright side sometimes but everybodys safe and you might get paid to build another burb!

jkaylor68gmc 11-27-2007 05:57 PM

Man I am so sorry! I wish I could fix it for you. That sux!

watahyahknow 11-27-2007 06:19 PM

shame to see sumtin like that happen to youre cars
from the look of the van he drove he prolly doesnt have a dollar to his name
i suggest you put some thick concrete pillars next to the driveway (say its founation for a carport) so if someone tries again he kills himself instead of ramming the cars

BowTieOgre 11-27-2007 09:04 PM

Sorry to hear about your Burb man but at least it wasnt something that cant be replaced like you or your loved ones. Keep us up to date on how everything works out. Let me know if you need anything, I only live about 10 minutes from you and would be happy to help in any fashion I can.

old Rusty C10 11-27-2007 09:40 PM

all i can say is if that were my house the gun would have been involved in a different way... and the driver of that white van would have been killed...

Brock 11-27-2007 11:19 PM

glad your OK...Why do they let idiots drive?!? I'd definetly get a lawyer as has been said. He's a 21 year old idiot (with a gun) odds are he doesn't even have insurance...or a job. So you might want to check into the cops role in this. Heck I'd even have a chat with 101.5 "the ROCK" and see if they like the free advertising.

68GMC454 11-28-2007 11:12 AM

well at least nobody important was hurt.. can only hope the piece of garbage thaqt did this didnt make it through... it looks bad, but if you look at the pictures,,the middle part of the burban is better than most of us start out with..time to make a crew cab...sorry about your vechicles...

jfalesi 11-28-2007 12:21 PM

I'd like to hunt down that a@@hole and beat the S#!t out of him.

mvpco 11-28-2007 01:25 PM

Well the local TV News (Channel 3) was out today to ask questions and take pics, so we will see how it looks on the Nes tonight.

Rod 11-28-2007 01:39 PM

Buzzzare, :crazy:

Bishops Trucks 11-28-2007 01:47 PM

News coverage can only be a plus for you. The cop that let the guy go is going to be in deep doo-doo.

Pop's72 11-28-2007 02:41 PM

Dude, that royally sucks... glad you and the family are ok!

mvpco 11-28-2007 03:46 PM

Just found out his insurance was cancelled in Sept. 07 So now I am calling mine to see what to do.

Sucks!!!!

old Rusty C10 11-28-2007 04:06 PM

listen dude.. if the guy was drunk and the cop left him go, sue the heck outta the city they were negligent for letting a drunk driver out on the road #1 and #2 had he been stopped a few moments back doesn't police protocol say they are suppoused to call in the guys registration and insurance into dispatch to confirm validity?? thats the second screw up seems to me because the police department did not do their job, that makes the police department and the city liable .. get a good lawyer and also sue for distress now

watahyahknow 11-28-2007 04:56 PM

i agree with above as being possibly the only way to see some money out of the ordeal .
i'm from holland and we do things different here but then again we dont allways get our money either

the guy who did the damage should've pay for the damage too ......... but with the insurance stopped such a short while ago and the things happening before the accident along with the writing on that van i wouldn't be surprized if he lost his job that month too

pcmcobra 11-28-2007 05:50 PM

I'll be watching channel 3 tonight.
Good luck dude!

ChevLoRay 11-28-2007 06:10 PM

Hurricanes are one thing....mobile tornadoes are another.....An airborne van?? I was speechless earlier, I can only imagine what is happening in your brain. Hope it all works out and to your advantage.

pcmcobra 11-28-2007 06:29 PM

Just watched the 5 o'clock news, they showed a small bit, saying it will be on the 6pm show.
The stink has hit, they are already talking about the cop that let him go...

pcmcobra 11-28-2007 07:09 PM

Ok, it was on 6pm news, and yes Jeff was on the news...
The guy was drunk, arrested at the scene by state troopers, just 16 minutes after he was ticketed for peeling out of the parking lot of a club 5 miles away by city police.
Police Chief tried to minimize the error, what a crying shame.
News stated the guy was 2x over the legal drunk limit.
Hope everything turns out for the best for Jeff.

mvpco 11-28-2007 07:37 PM

I saw it too, and I was amazed that they had the Police cheif on with a statement. when they(News) talked to me they had not did that yet, Those News guys WOW!!!

on another note:
My ins called me and said, what you'all have said about the Burb. that it can only get the book value and not an appraised value, and by the looks it will be totaled and they will send a coparts???? (salvage company) to get it. No sooner did I hang up with the ins co. they called to pick it up ...WOW!!!
I said no, not yet, I dont feel right about it. I have to much in it and would rather strip it to build another one.
and on the 98 GMC they said I have to fix it out of my pocket, since I only had laibility on it. so the nightmare continues....

I am learning the hard way about INS...

I have a call in to a lawyer......

mvpco 11-28-2007 07:43 PM

WOW! it is already on the TV's Website:

Video: http://www.weartv.com/players/news/t...es/video.shtml

News story:
http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/fl/to...opstory1.shtml

pcmcobra 11-28-2007 08:15 PM

ouch dude.
It's crazy things like this that made me learn a long time ago, get full coverage no matter what.
I'm sorry to see this happen, just makes me po'ed. I feel for you dude, I think maybe only me and HartRob saw that burb in person, that thing was like a time capsule.
I hope and pray things work out for the best for you.

wirebiter 11-28-2007 08:22 PM

I saw the wear news. My wife is a cop for the state and she said that the reason they probably didn't arrest him for DUI when they stopped him was due to the paper work being so much. She says that it happens way too much in this county. It might be something you want to check into with the lawyer. I saw your truck before around town, wow it was a beaut. I hope things work out buddy.