The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Slow And Low So Goes The Tempo!!! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=210902)

PA-IndianRider 09-25-2008 04:17 AM

Re: Slow And Low So Goes The Tempo!!!

WoW.... nice picture story..... especially NICE WORK ..... As I have said "over & over" it seems like I am never going to get to the point you're at. What makes things even worse is that I have parts/stuff collected for practically "every part" of our build. I just have to get the "time" (and some more bucks) to get things started.

My back (both upper & lower) and the daily driver ('80 El Camino) I just picked up is causing me lots of "physical" & "wallet" pain.... HA!!!

Hopefully before the weather gets bad I'll have the cab & bed off & begin work on the frame..... pictures to follow.....someday!!!

hotrod 80 09-27-2008 03:25 AM

Lovin the anti-roll and a bump for progress pics . I also went with the Cola crank , but went 3.85 and lentz billets with JE's . I think my crank is set up for 1800 bob weight and pistons and rods ended up like 1755 or something . Yours should have great throttle responce . Once you get it lined out a safe 150 shot wouldn't even hurt that motor . it would take that for decades . Keep us posted .

custom72c20 10-18-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57sailplane (Post 2903672)
i have not had the motor dynod yet.. the parts are as follows.

demon 825 drag carb

2" 4-hole ported carb spacer

performance plus huricane intake

the 350 block is the high nickel 2 bolt drilled and asembled with splayed main caps. large water jacket holes pluged and drilled with 1/4 inch holes. water jakets have been rock blocked to freeze plugs.. decked, bored , magenifluxed and hot tanked..

heads are reher morison cnc ported and polished including chambers dart pro 1's. finished with hd milodon intake and exhaust valves toped with titainium locks and keepers. 1.6 to 1 comp pro magnum rockers. comp roller 635 lift 292 duration cam with corisponding valve springs for 1.6 to 1 rockers.

bottom end starts with all usa cola lightweigt 3.75 strocker crank. bought before they were bought out..

oliver billet rods with the 1500 hp rod bolts.. and ross custom pistons

compression should be right at 10.1 to 1
hp i hope will be in the 500 hp range with around the same amount of torque.

i built this thing with a lot of noss in mind. the weak link is the block. eventhough its been beefed up i dont think it will handle much more than 850hp...

i plan on running it on just the motor for the first year with maybe a 300 shot of nos the secound.. then i will probably step up to a dart block and turbos
i am taking it slow with the motor as i really dont want to blow it to kingdom come off the get go...

oh ya the primer is nasson 2k high build sanding primer... with there etching epoxy underneath...

Thanks for the info. I was going to build a 422 c.i. small block similar to yours but got a good deal on a big block. Good luck with the build.

57sailplane 11-30-2008 09:19 PM

not showing off but i have a friend that could not find it so bringing to the top. thanks guys

71Dragtruck 11-30-2008 10:48 PM

Go ahead show it off that's what this place is for.

djracer 12-01-2008 08:34 AM

Any new progress.

noonzor 02-07-2010 05:29 PM

subscribed!

AKoldstyle 02-10-2010 12:43 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I like the build it has some of the same mods done 2 the dash as mine,except that my dash pad is shaved off and the radio is gone. I went the 598 bbc route. I was able to keep the stock frame,as my rear is still in the air. Nice work !!!!!!!!!!!!!:metal:

BossHogg69 02-10-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57sailplane (Post 3001290)
not showing off but i have a friend that could not find it so bringing to the top. thanks guys

thank you for bringing it up to the top, otherwise I'd have never seen it! Very cool build and nice craftsmanship!

57sailplane 03-10-2010 12:30 PM

well guys,

i have set aside the project for a while. the body work needs done and so forth. the thing is is my wife is going to college and it has been very costly and times being tuff i thought it was in our best interest just to let her set. of course i will never sell here. she has been siting as i last worked on her and has not hurt a single thing other then i really want to drive her. so it may be another year before i get to her. i hope. the boy starts college this coming fall. but my wife should be done and i hope our income will be good enough to support one of my habbits..

anyways she the project named amy after my old pit bull will be done someday, just got to have patients..

later andrew K

wheatlandbrawler 03-10-2010 03:16 PM

ill wait for a decade to see this thing get finished, a true testament to what guys can do in their back yards..... amazing build!

C20-67_N_MO 03-11-2010 06:06 PM

Yeah very cool build.

GASoline71 07-31-2014 07:30 PM

Just stumbled on to your build...

I dig it... A lot!

Nice work on the cage, and all the rear end fab work. :)

Gary

57sailplane 07-31-2014 07:33 PM

ahh,

man,

its been a while since i posted on this thread. man i need to get back on this thing.

GASoline71 07-31-2014 07:40 PM

I hear ya.

I wrecked my truck back in March, and still haven't found the time to get after it. I have another frame to replace the bent one that has been reapinted and everything. Just need to start swapping parts. :)

Gary