The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   LFD's low buck truck build! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=223158)

Rokcrln 01-15-2007 05:57 PM

Re: LFD's low buck truck build!

2 Attachment(s)
A few more things for now.

#18 Jack hold downs. Nuff said!

#19 67-68 E-brake handle. Needs cleaning and lube.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

hotrodhomi 01-15-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokcrln (Post 1987811)
I am not sure if the heater control is the same but it is your if you want it. Also I do not know what all is their for the lower trim but it is yours as well.

Are you going to be around tomorrow after 4:30? I can stop by after work on my way home.

msgross 01-15-2007 07:33 PM

Here is the link to my WTB thread, it has detailed pics of my issues.... I just found that my floor has holes on the driver side below the clutch and above the seam too... that soundproofing seems to be hell on the floors... where the soundproofing survived is the only area that rusted through... New York truck so I can't complain I guess...thanks..

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=221404

Hart_Rod 01-15-2007 07:38 PM

What parts do you need in trade for the L&R long bedsides and can you take pics of the tail light section???

basketcase 01-15-2007 10:43 PM

Great project. I'm still finding things in boxes that I got with my basket case. My engine was supposed to be good too but I ended up building a new one. Giving away not needed old parts for free may just start a trend around here. I know I'll have a bunch when I'm done.

Tom

msgross 01-15-2007 10:54 PM

do you think it might be easier if I just weld some flat panels into those spots?

Hart_Rod 01-15-2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokcrln (Post 1988275)
:lol: I put that in their because if someone (other than you) wanted the full bed side I wanted the tail light section off theirs for you! You wanted about 8" in from the end of the bed right?

Kevin
LFD inc.

DOH!!! I'm always spoiling the suprises! Let's wait and see if someone needs them before we chop them up. Thanks for keeping me in mind.

Rob

msgross 01-15-2007 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokcrln (Post 1988379)
I would then put some carpet over it and call it done!

Kevin
LFD Inc.

yep, I just wanna keep the mud out for now! Mine is big enough for an escape hatch! Good luck on the build.

skchevota 01-16-2007 12:07 AM

If you decide to ship, I could use the center cross member( where the trailing arms attach). Also, you mention that you are shortening your longbed. Are you going to shorten the bedsides as well or just the floor? I sure would like to see how you would shorten the sides, so I could see the right way to do it before I cut mine. It would fit in with the budget theam as well. Great thread.

68C15 01-16-2007 08:58 AM

I could use 10" of frame length under the cab, both sides. I have some plans for the future.

LUV2XCLR8 01-16-2007 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokcrln (Post 1987819)
#18 Jack hold downs. Nuff said!

#19 67-68 E-brake handle. Needs cleaning and lube.

Will these fit in a Flat rate box? If so let me know and I'll pay the $8.10 ;)

(PS - Flate rate boxes are free if you sign up on the USPS website, they
will deliver them to your door in groups of 25, seriously, can't beat that)

ortegamotor 01-16-2007 11:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
hey Kevin, i am looking for some trailling arms for my Balzer 2wd conversion. are they still avalible, and what kind of condition are they in?what can i trade you for them, or will you except a donation? thanks for your time Tony

ortegamotor 01-16-2007 11:07 AM

hey Kevin, i just remebered i have a 1969 short bed frame that was cleaned and coated in POR15 sitting out behind my garage.let me know. Tony

68shortfleet 01-16-2007 12:15 PM

I could use the front 8" or so of the frame. The little section in front of the core support mount. A PO cut mine to install a homemade rollpan. Happy to pay shipping if you change your mind and decide to ship. Ship them with the slider window to jimmy dean? we are about 20 miles apart.

Thanks
Jason

Rokcrln 01-16-2007 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dam summit is fast less then 24hrs from order to my front portch:metal: And thanks to those who posted or sent PM's for cheaper HEI's but $100 for a new better than stock HEI complete was worth it to me. o guys if you are on a nickle and dime budget know you can find them for about $60 +- for a rebuilt from other places. For me piece of mind knowing it is all new is a good thing.

I almost for got $83 to the wonderfull state of Cali. for sales tax and reg.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Total $440.34
and 14hrs

Bob Moore 01-16-2007 09:24 PM

If the rear crossmember is nice I can have my brother pick it up. He goes between Big Bar and Martinez regularly. Mine look like it was used to jack up a fully loaded camper special but it is a shortbed.

Let me know so I can let him know - thanks - Bob

CG 01-16-2007 09:39 PM

Nother one of those..IF..you change your mind about shipping, I would take the visors and seat belts (you didnt mention them though). I have no problem giving you some cash for em.

Mark

Rokcrln 01-17-2007 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1969k10stepside (Post 1988418)
Kevin,I might need part of the very back crossmember if its available

BOB MOORE needs the whole piece and can pick up. Sorry but if things change I will get back to you

Quote:

Originally Posted by skchevota (Post 1988536)
If you decide to ship, I could use the center cross member( where the trailing arms attach).

If I decide to ship I will let you know but it is a heavy piece! Yes it will be a bed side and floor chop job for the shortbed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68C15 (Post 1988919)
I could use 10" of frame length under the cab, both sides. I have some plans for the future.

I will cut it out so if I decide to ship but it is kind of heavy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUV2XCLR8 (Post 1988978)
Will these fit in a Flat rate box? If so let me know and I'll pay the $8.10 ;)
(PS - Flate rate boxes are free if you sign up on the USPS website, they
will deliver them to your door in groups of 25, seriously, can't beat that)

(#18 & #19) What size is the box, send me a link!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ortegamotor (Post 1989032)
hey Kevin, i am looking for some trailling arms for my Balzer 2wd conversion. Tony

Good stock shape no visible rust. I am building a short frame for the build thread. What other parts do you have?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68shortfleet (Post 1989102)
I could use the front 8" or so of the frame. Ship them with the slider window to jimmy dean? we are about 20 miles apart.

Thanks
Jason

I will cut it off so I decide to ship? Should I pac glass in with frame parts:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Moore (Post 1989916)
If the rear crossmember is nice I can have my brother pick it up. Bob

I will let you know when it is out and ready.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 1989945)
Nother one of those..IF..you change your mind about shipping, I would take the visors and seat belts (you didnt mention them though). I have no problem giving you some cash for em.

Mark

I will find out about these flat rate boxes and let you know. Outer belts are their, centers are cut?

ortegamotor 01-17-2007 12:53 AM

hey Kevin, what do you need right now. i have several part trucks. i have some blazer doors,power steering boxes,pwr boosters,you know a lot of stuff.you are on my way home from San Francisco-Auburn ,kind of.clean hoods,fenders,doors,ect. Tony

oldiron 01-17-2007 01:16 AM

Kevin, a word of advise. I bought one of those HEI's from Summit and the star on the shaft that breaks the field was loose. When I excelerate it would retard and when I decelerate it would advance. Took me hours to find it. Thought it was the carb running lean.

67 cst swb 01-17-2007 02:12 AM

LFD... I'm interested in the underdash wiring... I assume it's a '69 w/ full gauges wiring harness? But, for that price I'll take it regardless. If you decide to ship, can I be first alternate... Gladly pay shipping...Plus donation to project.
You should post a reply of the list of parts your still needing. I may have a part or two you need.

Rokcrln 01-17-2007 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67 cst swb (Post 1990326)
LFD... I'm interested in the underdash wiring... I assume it's a '69 w/ full gauges wiring harness?

It is out of a 67 and I do belive the glovebox door did spec guages as one of the options along with the 327ci. You are on the list I will contact you when things are ready. As far as parts I really am set as I have several project vehicals and this 70 came almost 100% complete just in pieces. Thanks anyways!

Kevin
LFD Inc.

72armyswbtruck 01-17-2007 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokcrln (Post 1987594)
Well just like we all know too well the $ are starting to add up. I went to time this thing today and the HEI's advance is all coroded and froze solid. I shopped around for a new one and the best one I found for the money was thru summit (sum-85000R1 for $85.88) w/handling it was 96.83 to my door. I also needed new wires and the best value I found for 8m wires w/90* plug ends for my headers was from Napa for $34.31 (part# 7002.44). This adds a total of $131.14 to our build. If I was not trying to keep this a low buck build I would have gone with DUI's HEI for about $255. but the one from summit will work just fine for my needs.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Total $357.34
and 14hrs

Too bad about that HEI, I have one that I would have given you for shipping. I am sure that there are others on here that will have parts for you also at little to no cost. Just my 2 Cents

LUV2XCLR8 01-17-2007 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokcrln (Post 1990214)
(#18 & #19) What size is the box, send me a link!

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stor...skipNavigation ;)

68C15 01-17-2007 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67 cst swb (Post 1990326)
LFD... I'm interested in the underdash wiring... I assume it's a '69 w/ full gauges wiring harness? But, for that price I'll take it regardless. If you decide to ship, can I be first alternate... Gladly pay shipping...Plus donation to project.
You should post a reply of the list of parts your still needing. I may have a part or two you need.

Kevin, you could throw his harness in a box with my frame pieces and I would pay shipping. just send it all to Bryan and I'll get them from him this summer.