The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   MisterC's "Project Luigi" Thread (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=486894)

likaroc13 04-30-2012 01:48 AM

Re: MisterC's "Project Luigi" Thread

nice progress, & it's looking good! i bet it rides much better with the new springs

chad64chevy 05-01-2012 09:28 AM

nice truck, i love big back window swb trucks, i cant believe i missed is thread, lol!

64shortbox 05-01-2012 10:18 AM

MisterC,
How's the work going on your truck? You going to have it ready to cruise by the 20th? We entered our 64 in the American Grafitti show in Petaluma for the weekend of the 20th. We're also thinking about entering our truck in the Modesto American Grafitti cruise & show which is June 8th 9th & 10th.

http://www.americangraffitifestival....r_show_reg.php

Hope we can meet up some time soon so I can check out your truck in person.
Terry

MisterC 05-01-2012 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the compliments, all!

Hey Terry, no I won't have it ready for the the 20th Meet 'n Greet. I ordered the shock relocation kit and adjustable panhard bar setup from Porterbuilt yesterday and there's about a 3 week lead time on those items. You can't rush quality!

I'm going to run up to Turlock on Sunday to attend the swap meet and pickup my refurbished license plates from the C/10 King. They came out awesome. The frame isn't included, Rene is just teasing me with it in the photo! No knock on him, he already gave me a frame for the front.

If anyone needs plates redone, Rene's wife does them for a great price with a much quicker turn around time than the other places I've seen.

I'll PM you so we can quit trying to meet up at events and just setup a time to have a bite and talk trucks.

Mad Rods 05-02-2012 12:18 AM

Score!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

shawno72 05-02-2012 12:29 AM

I look forward to meeting you on May 20th in Stockton.
Posted via Mobile Device

MisterC 05-05-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawno72 (Post 5348411)
I look forward to meeting you on May 20th in Stockton.
Posted via Mobile Device

Same here Shawn! I can't wait. It's going to be a blast!

MisterC 05-05-2012 06:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Not much free time today, but I finally got around to "borrowing" an idea that I saw at the CPP show. Being a tightwad, I wasn't currently prepared to purchase the hidden latches that Mar-K sells.

Consequently, I purchased a pair of Stainless Marine Hatch Hinges off of eBay for $36 and proceeded to install them. I had to purchase some #10 stainless sheet metal screws to secure them, but that was inexpensive as well.

I removed the stock latches, chains and hardware too. I do plan on purchasing the Mar-K tailgate link assembly in the near future.

I'm not sure that they'll be good if I use the tailgate alot (tight fit), but they sure do look good and hold the tailgate secure.

shawno72 05-05-2012 07:07 PM

That's a slick idea.

hopped up 05-05-2012 08:29 PM

That looks sweet! I ever knew you had a build thread till today. Your truck is awesome! I'll follow along,eh at else you got planned?
Posted via Mobile Device

C@rnut001 05-06-2012 02:34 AM

Great truck and you are coming along great with it! I loved the pictures of it going down the road.

AdvantageR1 05-07-2012 03:03 AM

Great looking build so far.

I have a couple questions. What is your front sway bar off of (you said you got it at a pick and pull)? Do you mind adding a link to the marine hinges you bought off of ebay for your tailgate? I am wanting to do something similar and would like to look at those.

Thanks

MisterC 05-07-2012 12:17 PM

Advantage,

Here is the link to the hinges I purchased:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110849763223...84.m1439.l2649

The sway bar was from a 78 1 ton. The 1-1/4" bars came on the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. Any of the bars from 73-87 will fit our years. This thread was my guide:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ad.php?t=72338

MisterC 05-07-2012 12:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by hopped up (Post 5355101)
That looks sweet! I ever knew you had a build thread till today. Your truck is awesome! I'll follow along,eh at else you got planned?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey Andy,

It's a constant work in progress. After installing the springs and discovering some other issues in the rear, I ordered Porterbuilt's Stage 1 shock relocation brackets and the adjustable trac bar. Delivery of those is a few weeks out.

Currently, my buddy bucket frame is at powder coat and the seats are going to the upholsterer today. I'm using the '61 impala houndstooth that I had planned on using on the bench. Now, it will just serve as the insert portion on the outer seats, with the middle seat being all black to break up the pattern.

The next upgrade after the interior work will be power steering, using CaptainFab's bracket.

hopped up 05-07-2012 12:56 PM

those seats are gonna look great!! oh yeah i finally got a chance to put that rear bumper i got from you on my truck. looks good!! thanks again. ill be sure to post a few pix when i take some
Posted via Mobile Device

54Caddy 05-22-2012 02:45 AM

Didnt notice that youve been updating your thread. Truck is looking good man give me a call sometime go check it out, and then maybe cruise around once its back on the road before the brothers show.

Dinos63 05-22-2012 10:56 AM

Dig the seats!very cool

Daddy0 05-22-2012 12:33 PM

FYI: CPP sells the stealth latches in stainless for $59. CPSLK-S1

CRGRS 66 05-22-2012 01:12 PM

Subscribed

MisterC 05-22-2012 09:06 PM

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I never anticipated it happening, even though I've heard stories of it, but frustration has set in. I'm on the third week of a 3 day job to get the frame powder coated. The upholsterer did a HORRIBLE job and I had to order new material. I've got the seats at a different shop now that's supposed to be first rate. This time, I've instructed him to call me before he finalizes a plan.

I got a full power steering setup from a forum member, so I'm proceeding with the install of that while I wait for my Porterbuilt parts to arrive.

Thank God for the search function on the forums so I could find out the easiest way to remove the frame rivets on the pahnard bar and shock mounts.

CRGRS 66 05-22-2012 11:32 PM

Hang in there MisterC, I am actually new here and am astounded at the depth of this resource. I have also posted up questions, and received fantastic responses from members. Hope you get past the frustration and back to the enjoyment!

54Caddy 05-24-2012 10:41 AM

Dang Mario you should have called me i have some connections at good upholsterery shops. Hang in there man i hope you chose the best powder coat shop in town off of 198.

MisterC 05-24-2012 04:02 PM

Thanks Bud. Yes, I have the frame at the right place. I'm going to drop by there tomorrow and prod them along.
Posted via Mobile Device

shawno72 05-24-2012 04:08 PM

Misted you at the Meet and Greet, did you make it to the Zinfest?

54Caddy 05-24-2012 07:13 PM

You will be very satisfied with there work for sure mario I've dealt with them multiple times with not one complaint yet.