The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   1970 VA Longbed Project (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=289996)

VA72C10 12-30-2010 11:59 PM

Re: 1970 VA Longbed Project

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCbowtie69 (Post 4378878)
just want to say nice build & keep the hard work & pictures coming keep on truckin'':metal:

sorry to let you know, but the cab was sold recently so this project is officially over. I will be starting a new project soon though :chevy:

jbice70gmc 09-30-2011 05:03 PM

This is absolutely the most detailed and informative thread I have found so far. Thanks alot you've already been alot of help to me, and I will be keeping an eye out for your next build. Did you have a hard time getting the control arm shafts back in? I have had hell, I have cleaned all the powder coating out of the ears on the control arm but these shaft caps just don't seem to fit right. They are brand new moog shafts. I have the caps on one side down to about one thread left showing where it screws into the control arm ear, which looks fine to me the other side has about 2 to 3 threads showing but the cap is definately all the way through the ear on the control arm. Every thing fills snug/tight no slack anywhere I think it should be fine. Just wondering if you ran in to this problem? This problem is with the lower control arms.

VA72C10 09-30-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbice70gmc (Post 4928460)
This is absolutely the most detailed and informative thread I have found so far. Thanks alot you've already been alot of help to me, and I will be keeping an eye out for your next build. Did you have a hard time getting the control arm shafts back in? I have had hell, I have cleaned all the powder coating out of the ears on the control arm but these shaft caps just don't seem to fit right. They are brand new moog shafts. I have the caps on one side down to about one thread left showing where it screws into the control arm ear, which looks fine to me the other side has about 2 to 3 threads showing but the cap is definately all the way through the ear on the control arm. Every thing fills snug/tight no slack anywhere I think it should be fine. Just wondering if you ran in to this problem?

Thanks for the compliment. You need to check out Bruce88's "it's just a pickup" thread....if you think this is detailed :D

I have run into that before and from talking to other people that can be normal as everything is tight and snug.

My latest build is in my signature below...not as detailed but more of a budget build...

jbice70gmc 09-30-2011 05:18 PM

I searched forever last night for a good shot of the upper control arms because all though I new where the shims went I could'nt remember where the washers went exactly until I came across those awsome pictures you posted of yours.

VA72C10 09-30-2011 05:28 PM

Glad I helped out. I have learned so much on here I hope I can give back at least a small percentage of that knowledge for others

VA72C10 05-09-2020 11:23 AM

Hard to believe this was over 12 years ago.... good memories :)

gcburdic 05-09-2020 11:43 AM

I came back on the forum after a 8 year hiatus only to find out that you changed your mind....again:lol:

Hope you are well, Jonathan!