The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   MY build thread... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=332884)

Jmorales3181 10-17-2013 06:49 AM

Re: MY build thread...

Congrats on the new edition to the family! That really is one of the best feelings in the world. Enjoy...not sure if you already have kids but... For some reason having a little girl changes your life.

zippeay 10-17-2013 08:57 AM

I have 5 daughters, they can be a pita but... They always have a special place in their heart for their Daddy. It makes it all worth it! Congrats!

tubbedII 10-17-2013 10:53 AM

Congrats! She's beautiful.
Zippeay...5?! Wow...how do you have time for a truck?!

Strodder 10-17-2013 11:00 AM

Sorry I'm late to the Party. Congrats on your new baby daughter. And nice build. :metal:

Ta2Don 10-17-2013 11:01 AM

Congrats on the Cutie Patootie!!!;) Beautiful Baby!!!
Kids are a Gift from God!!! Enjoy that Baby, the truck will be there when you get time!!!:uhmk:

zippeay 10-17-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tubbedII (Post 6320017)
Congrats! She's beautiful.
Zippeay...5?! Wow...how do you have time for a truck?!

I actually have 6 kids... Only 1 boy! Haha, our youngest is 9 so they don't take up too much time now.

65 wonton 10-21-2013 04:18 PM

Well, well, well. Looky what the stork brought. Congrats to both of you.

The first few years go pretty well, but then...

School,
Ballet lessons,
Soccer,
Just the right clothes,
Just the right food,
Boys,
Cars,
College.

And then they leave for another love of their life and you are finally left with time for your truck. But by now you've forgotten how to work on it and even where what tools you have left are. But don't worry 'cause in a couple of years you won't have the time between baby sitting and chauffeuring the grand kid(s).

Dave, 2 daughters, 2 step daughters, 5 grand daughters. Way too much estrogen in my life.

shortbed70 10-21-2013 06:31 PM

Thanks guys for all the compliments... She's my first priority for sure! Long story to get where we are now! I did start it yesterday and let it run to get fluids moving but my plan is to do so all winter so it doesn't sit and seals get hard...

65 wonton 10-21-2013 06:47 PM

Troy, I'm sitting here wasting away in 67-72ville and ran across this. It belongs as the subcategory in cars above. (66 pickup by Bomp #1048 talking about his daughter)

Quote:

Now that I got the foot working again things (life) is getting in the way of getting work done.
The blonde one is going in on Friday to get her drivers license(take the driving test anyways).
Even with the broken foot I went and got her from college everyday to let her drive for a bit to practice.
Im the only one that showed her how to slide into a parallel parking spot. Frontwards and backwards.
Im the only one that has been teaching her.
Im the only one that has been showing her the important stuff.
Im the only one that has been devoting gas and time to her cause.
Im the only one that has been made sure she has ammo.
Im the only one that has been making sure she WILL pass, or scare the begeebers out of the DMV personnel.
She is fully learned on how to spin the car around on a full throttle reverse while reloading and laying on the horn.
Pretty good for a '94 Saturn.
She needs a bit more practice keeping it on 2 wheels though. Terrible.
I think shes ready, if not I will give her the full course on using the exit ramps as jumps.
Our DMV here in Oregon is a bit more demanding than the other states.
Dave, thinking Bomp has the right idea about raising daughters.

shortbed70 10-21-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65 wonton (Post 6326365)
Troy, I'm sitting here wasting away in 67-72ville and ran across this. It belongs as the subcategory in cars above. (66 pickup by Bomp #1048 talking about his daughter)

Dave, thinking Bomp has the right idea about raising daughters.

That's awesome... I've been thinking I findin a car now to start buildin or accumulating parts so when she gets old enough to help she can build her first car with me... Can't wait! Ls motor might go into her car!!!

shortbed70 12-05-2013 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well just got two more tires mounted on my rallies and waiting on my swaybars to show up so I can get that all done then hopefully I can get the exhaust done shortly after...

McMurphy 12-05-2013 05:39 PM

Congrats on your newborn !!
Sorry I am late to this ....
I always thought the secret to raising girls was:
Make them smart and teach them the merits of Martial Arts, and a steady trigger squeeze....

Sadly I never did get to test my theory on this.

shortbed70 12-05-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 6403477)
Congrats on your newborn !!
Sorry I am late to this ....
I always thought the secret to raising girls was:
Make them smart and teach them the merits of Martial Arts, and a steady trigger squeeze....

Sadly I never did get to test my theory on this.

This is my exact plan!!! And to let their followers know I carry a big stick too..

TJ's Chevy 12-06-2013 11:48 AM

Nice sway bars! looking forward to getting a set for mine here soon!:chevy:

Bomp 12-06-2013 09:35 PM

A little late but congrats on the new little one.
Time goes by so quickly.

shortbed70 12-07-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 6405562)
A little late but congrats on the new little one.
Time goes by so quickly.

Thanx man

shortbed70 12-07-2013 10:37 AM

Truck is changing little by little into what I'm after...still thinking a 3k stall will help it pull out of the hole better but not sure how the lockup would work being stall over cruise range.

shortbed70 12-14-2013 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Front swaybars is installed! Kind of a pita but it's on minus welling the control arm bracket on.... Got the exhaust routed to outside the frame and now makin brackets to hold tailpipes and mufflers. Here's the front sway bar installed maybe next week I will get the rear one installed!!

TJ's Chevy 12-14-2013 05:16 PM

:metal::metal::metal::metal::chevy:

shortbed70 12-17-2013 09:18 PM

Well have to modify the rear sway bar brackets to fit the way I would like, got the exhaust outside the frame so now need to attach the tail pipes and locate the mufflers if I run them

shortbed70 01-04-2014 05:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone for the congrats on my daughter, she's a hoot.... Had some time to play on the truck today.... It's 22 degrees outside and 80 in the shop! Got the exhaust legs outside the frame so one step closer there and finished mounting the sway bars. Need to find a ball/socket front swaybar link that will handle the aggressive angles when layed out... Can't wait to get exhaust done and it warm up again so I can drive!!! Also I am installing my new ground straps from inner fenders to frame, cab to frame and bed to frame! Tryin to figure out why my brake lights aren't working now!!! Btw the angle on the end links isn't that bad picture makes it look horrible...

laynrockers 01-04-2014 08:11 PM

Congrats on the baby girl!!! and same for the LS !!!

shortbed70 01-12-2014 04:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Exhaust is done and I am working on the swaybar mounts next week. I've got an idea...

shortbed70 01-12-2014 04:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another

TJ's Chevy 01-12-2014 05:34 PM

Looks good! Hmmm....What's the idea....:mm: