The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   project pacific wonder (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=510684)

jbclassix 06-10-2012 11:00 PM

Re: project pacific wonder

Looking good! Lovin the 4BT!!

Coboyle04 06-11-2012 12:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DBear (Post 5359377)
Hey bud, can you provide any pics of the clearance lights install? Or can you describe how you ran the lights from the roof...down? Thanks in advance.

by the way, the Burb looks awesome!

i didnt forget about you....i tried to take a picture but realized i had already squeezed the wires back behind the metal panel.

so the blue circles are the lights on the roof
the red wire drops in throught the roof holes
i used the wireconnectors you can pull apart.
then routed them all together. the kit from LMC was dissapointing and came with the splice fittings that slice and clamp into the wire. then the power wire runs down the inside of the A post and to the switch

it is supposed to be grounded with the mounting screws to the body but i am using that grounding kit and want basically overdoing it. so i will run a wire from the underside of the mounting screws to the grounding block.

more pictures to come soon i hope.

Coboyle04 06-11-2012 12:16 AM

oh yeah the wires then all get pushed behind that metal panel that the visors hang from

orange72sub 06-18-2012 11:29 AM

Awesome job was your rear upper hatch in good shape or did you have to rebuild it? I am not real computer savoy yet to be able to do a build thread , but I am wanting to try and start one. I too am really interested in the 4bt swap and how it goes in and how well it works for such a big truck. I just bought mine this past January and I have been physically and now financially banged up. So right now mine is a survivor driver! I love driving it every where. Can't wait to see the finished project. Did you do the paint your self? Did you figure out where or how the water gets down all of the door pillars and vents? How did you seal your's up? Those are the kind of things I am needing to figure out? Any help?

1985-GMC 06-18-2012 10:54 PM

Wow that 4BT looks good in there, I like the gas cap too!

Coboyle04 06-20-2012 01:23 PM

The hatch was in pretty good shape. Never rusted through but rust falling out of the weep holes and you could hear it rattle everytime the hatch as opened or closed. I had it cut open and cleaned up and coated then I re sealed it with tank sealer.
I found the other weep holes and blew them our with a compressor. I had the rocker areas rust sealed the other areas were fine as the rig was garages most of it's life. Aside from the tailgate I only had rust in a small patch on the passenger floorboard and it was only some light surface rust. Oh yeah I had it painted at a body shop one I wouldn't recommend. Not because the paint but because the management.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coboyle04 06-20-2012 01:24 PM

Thanks for the comments. Hope to be back at it next week. Maybe I'll have some new developments
Posted via Mobile Device

orange72sub 07-17-2012 02:42 PM

What did you source your 4bt out of? Is there another build page on here that shows more of the transplant into the burb? I love the idea of a 4bt, I have been looking to put one in my 64K10 short bed. I have had a hard time finding a good used 4bt out of a truck. Is yours from a tractor or piece of equipment? What did you have to do to make it work properly for your application? Where did you source your conversion parts from? How well does your 4bt work in your burb as an everyday driver? Love the whole build!

Coboyle04 07-25-2012 10:21 AM

we found it in some warehouse in california, from the bread trucks.
this is my build thread, it is still not complete but i hope to have some pics of the new mounts and hopefully any other progress. I have a diesel mech/machinist doing the install for me. He has done twenty some conversions.

thirdstreettito 07-26-2012 07:49 AM

Subscribed! Absolutely love it!

Coboyle04 08-09-2012 01:02 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Tested the electrical for the first time almost one year after i made my first connection.

it had a ghost but quickly went away when i shorted the courtesy light.

Coboyle04 08-09-2012 01:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
gauges working and the radio too.

anyone know how to reset the odometer? or maybe a good quality replacement.

Coboyle04 08-09-2012 01:06 PM

4 Attachment(s)
more parts

Coboyle04 08-09-2012 01:07 PM

i must say i am very thankful for the grounding kit!

Mr Pops 08-09-2012 11:51 PM

can't wait to see more!

fxdxharley 08-10-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coboyle04 (Post 5530735)
gauges working and the radio too.

anyone know how to reset the odometer? or maybe a good quality replacement.

You could probably pull it apart and turn the dials to zero. i did it to one i replaced in an 84 c10 i had. wasnt to hard IIRC.

Coboyle04 08-21-2012 01:29 PM

My wiring harness has an accessory harness with the 2x20amp lines, 3x30 amp lines
wired into the fuse panel.
all are 12 volt and either off battery or ignition

how much or what can i supply with a 20 or 30 amp fused line?

want to eventually add rear aux heater, rear aux power (cig lighters), maybe some rear bumper lights, air compressor....maybe some rear A/C

mosesburb 08-22-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coboyle04 (Post 5550470)
My wiring harness has an accessory harness with the 2x20amp lines, 3x30 amp lines
wired into the fuse panel.
all are 12 volt and either off battery or ignition

how much or what can i supply with a 20 or 30 amp fused line?

want to eventually add rear aux heater, rear aux power (cig lighters), maybe some rear bumper lights, air compressor....maybe some rear A/C

Rear heat and rear ac will use 30A. You can use the same lead for both as they will not run simultaneously. 20A is a bit much for power outlets, but can be used to feed several. 20A could feed your bumper lights, might want to trigger that with a relay though. Any air compressor worthy of hard mounting will need battery cable run to it and pull way more than 30A.

I'm really diggin your Suburban. Very nice work on it!! You are going to have a sweet truck when it gets finished!!

Frizzle Fry 08-28-2012 06:32 PM

Well done chuck. Watching from Hillsboro :)

Coboyle04 08-28-2012 09:04 PM

Hey thanks man! Are you the one who does the "Tahoe" conversions? Big fan!
Posted via Mobile Device

Frizzle Fry 08-29-2012 12:18 PM

That's me (doing one). It will come out of hibernation when the Minx is done.

By the way, I'd vote for two rows of buddy buckets. That's the sweet setup on burbs/tahoes ;)

scotts72heavyhalf 09-17-2012 10:26 PM

Looking good Chuck, nice to see it coming along so well. Dont you just love the $$ pit :) we get ourselves into.

57NAPCO 09-17-2012 10:58 PM

What a job! Looks great.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coboyle04 12-11-2012 12:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)
well we are finally making some progress.....its slow but it is still progress.

mounting the rear sway bar, fuel lines and pump, mounting e-brake cable,
transmission mounts

Coboyle04 12-11-2012 12:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
fabricated motor mounts