The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Hazel the older Sister.... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=351837)

VA72C10 07-25-2009 10:27 PM

Re: Hazel the older Sister....

Looks good...amazing how much a little elbow grease and spray bomb can clean things up :lol:

SCOTI 07-26-2009 03:10 AM

Hey man . . .... I was @ the (my) shop until 3am Sat morning working on my own crap. Forgive me for not jumping in on yours in the sweltering heat today :lol:. I bet those beverages helped didn't they??

N2TRUX 07-26-2009 08:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72BlckButy (Post 3430463)
Which Krylon color did you use on the frame? !

He used Semi-Flat.

To give you guys an idea of how clean the frame is on this truck, here's the cross brace that Keith removed. I '"washed" it with soapy water, and this is how it looks.

Too bad the body wasn't kept undr cover. While it is "very" nice, the frame shows how nice it would still be if it had been kept under a cover.

n2billet 07-26-2009 06:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
notches

northern 85 07-26-2009 07:39 PM

Wow im lovin it!!:chevy:

68 short step 07-26-2009 09:48 PM

just polish the driver side of the whole truck......from the left side it will be 'a nice driver' and from the right it will have the ' pantina look'.... you'll have the best of both worlds :ww:

N2TRUX 07-27-2009 09:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a few more pics from this weekends progress. Here's Keith getting started on the clean up. The frame on this truck is amazingly clean. In a couple of hours, he had the frame prepped...

N2TRUX 07-27-2009 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A few more...

Even with a shop full of the very best Snap-On, Mac, Husky, and DeWalt have to offer, it still takes a LOT of effort to get those 40+ year old rivets out of the frame. This is the start of the pile that accumulated around the truck.

N2TRUX 07-27-2009 09:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
There are 16 holes that have to be drilled or enlarged. With a sharp bit and a Snap-On air drill, it still took a LOT of effort. It didn't help matters that it was 104 outside.

N2TRUX 07-27-2009 09:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It was worth the effort in the end. With constant motivation from me and a large supply of water in the fridge, Keith made it through the day. I am determined to see this project ready for the Goodguys show in October if it kills Keith...;)

my67chevytruck 07-27-2009 09:56 AM

great progress guys..... Ken, glad you were able to keep keith motivated. May have to see if i can swing by the shop one day to check out the project(s) in person...

Keep up the inspiring work!

Heath

rustSpot 07-27-2009 10:21 AM

Nice progress! Wish I would've been in town to help. Man the roof! Dig it!

aggie91 07-27-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N2TRUX (Post 3432426)
... I am determined to see this project ready for the Goodguys show in October if it kills Keith.

Well we see who really wants to get Keith's truck done....

Keith - She is looking good, I am making plans to get up to the GG show also with my boys, I know you can get it done with motivation from friends like Ken.

n2billet 07-27-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 3432614)

Keith - She is looking good, I am making plans to get up to the GG show also with my boys, I know you can get it done with motivation from friends like Ken.

We'll see.... I've got a lot of stuff going on at work and I have a few trips ahead to support my job. Ken may be disappointed. :-)

SCOTI 07-27-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2billet (Post 3432660)
We'll see.... I've got a lot of stuff going on at work and I have a few trips ahead to support my job. Ken may be disappointed. :-)

Get a punch list going & I'll assist where needed.

67cheby 07-27-2009 12:58 PM

Hey i have this same exact truck my grandfather drove for 25 years i am now restoring 67 swb big back glass, somewhere along the way we have lost the glove box lid (spid) i cant believe this happened anyway , is there any way you could send me a closeup picture or a copy of the spid label i think the only difference in our trucks is the color mine was black with red interior, i would sure appreciate it Thank you Mike Losh 1 479 599 9664

N2TRUX 07-27-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 3432614)

Appearently your not the only one that gets that impression. Keith has always been very generous about giving his buddies with post 72 trucks a ride in the show. This was my chance to return the favor and offer motivation and a little help.

n2billet 07-27-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67cheby (Post 3432765)
Hey i have this same exact truck my grandfather drove for 25 years i am now restoring 67 swb big back glass, somewhere along the way we have lost the glove box lid (spid) i cant believe this happened anyway , is there any way you could send me a closeup picture or a copy of the spid label i think the only difference in our trucks is the color mine was black with red interior, i would sure appreciate it Thank you Mike Losh 1 479 599 9664

I'll PM the spid to you in a few days when I get a chance to get back out there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by N2TRUX (Post 3433096)
Appearently your not the only one that gets that impression. Keith has always been very generous about giving his buddies with post 72 trucks a ride in the show. This was my chance to return the favor and offer motivation and a little help.

Nice words considering I treated you like an @ss today.....with that said I looked in the old mirror and didn't like the person looking back....I thought I had things back under control from a couple months ago but apparently I don't. I think I need to shelve this project and concentrate on the family for the next few months. Again, Ken I'm sorry for the words spoken this morning and I truly value your friendship and had no right to say those things.

Hart_Rod 07-27-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2billet (Post 3433283)

Nice words considering I treated you like an @ss today.....with that said I looked in the old mirror and didn't like the person looking back....I thought I had things back under control from a couple months ago but apparently I don't. I think I need to shelve this project and concentrate on the family for the next few months. Again, Ken I'm sorry for the words spoken this morning and I truly value your friendship and had no right to say those things.

Keith,

It takes a big person to admit when they are wrong. It's real easy to let these trucks and our projects consume us. Keep that FAITH Brotha'!

R/

SCOTI 07-27-2009 07:07 PM

Keith & Ken are both class acts.

Keith, step back & take some time if needed. We could button up the suspension quickly to keep the truck mobile (it truely would do good as is @ GG's). If that option doesn't work . . .... I'll still be pushing forward & w/a little luck, I'll chauffer you in for once.

rustSpot 07-28-2009 01:56 PM

Anything I can help with in this direction let me know.

rodstored-72 07-28-2009 03:07 PM

guys,
the truck is looking awsome. i only wish i had a smidgon of the talent & fortitude to do the same thing. as far as attitudes & friends go well i have been in the same boat (i think) & my true friends always understood & to this day are still my friends. i guess it is a texas thing... lol!! anyways while i was out there i was able to meet some very terrific guys & the truck bug is huge out there. by chance do any of you texas boys know a fella by the name of pat barnhard (spelling??) or maybe even a gerald parker ? i hung out with them while out there (dallas...well mesquite & garland areas) & was really impressed with pat's painting ability. just thought i would throw a penny or two in....

keep at it!!! & good luck...
thanks!
rodstored-72

aggie91 07-29-2009 07:35 AM

Keith, you are a class act yourself taking the time to put yourself out there like that here on the board. From what I see here, Ken will understand and you will be back on track in no time. We will be here for support anytime you need it.

Family first, the trucks will be around...Anyway, what you got done so far is looking good.

67cheby 08-03-2009 10:17 AM

just checking to see if you had a chance to take a picture of the spid for me, i dont mean to bug you but this is one of the first trucks i have seen just like mine thanks MIke 1 479 599 9664

crawdadfox 08-03-2009 04:13 PM

That is sweet! Now i know why i cant find one.......you buy them all!! :lol: Go ahead and drill the holes for the rear Dropmember while the beds off...it will save time later!;)