The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What would you do ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=825676)

LockDoc 09-30-2021 08:39 PM

Re: What would you do ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67 twins (Post 8978195)
Yes just a color. It's been that way in Missouri for a long time. The problem with signs is trespassers & poachers will just tear them down.

Or blast them into oblivion so they are not readable. :me2:

LockDoc

joedoh 10-02-2021 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 8976159)
The thing that gets me, is the lock. If he hadn't been given keys that fit the lock on the access to the property, then he probably ought to dig a little deeper. On the one hand, he might think it's just an oversight. But on the other hand, wouldn't he want to make sure?

we bought a place where the seller signed electronically before we ever did, no representative, no keys, nothing but handing over our cashiers check. so its plausible.

and when we got there, there was a new padlock and lock box on the door that wasnt there in the morning, and a note that said "for access to the property please call XXX XXX XXXXX". I had the quit claim that said it was mine so I unscrewed the hasp. then I piled up the lock box and still locked padlock on the ground for them to come back. they never did so I watched a lock picking lawyer youtube and got the lock box open, the keys to the padlock and front door were in it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 8975941)
He left a message on my phone saying he hired an attorney and his attorney wanted us to join them in their lawsuit against the real estate company and broker / title company . :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: "help lawyer, protect me from myself!"

Low Elco 10-11-2021 09:21 PM

Any updates? I gotta know how this comes out.

kwmech 10-14-2021 11:52 AM

Agreed....bump for an update

Grumpy old man 10-14-2021 03:41 PM

Well guys it's in the lawyers hands and I don't see anything happening fast . I'm having another survey done just to have a record of it being done recently and having an arborist come out to record the # , species and height of the downed trees . it's all a PITA , The whole 9 yards has just been a huge headache that should never happened in the first place . If he's smart he will just buy the land and be way ahead of the costs to correct the issues we have . :smoke:

davischevy 10-14-2021 08:29 PM

I don't understand why people buy land or any kind of property without a survey.

I hate to be a negative nellie, but in my experiences with land disputes, lawyers and sheriffs, nothing will happen.

best view 05-25-2022 07:44 PM

Update time

Grumpy old man 05-26-2022 07:33 AM

UGH ! You had to remind me :sumo: Well nothings happened fast . The idiot That started all this is nowhere to be found , His phone is off , When they came down from Chicago they had a 5th wheel in a local trailer park and they are gone from there , The land he "bought " was a BUY OWNER FINANCED property owned by an investment company located in Dallas , Tx The real estate company he "bought " it from is located in Ga, and "sold " it to him on line So No title company was involved and wouldn't be until he paid it off in 10 years ! So Basically I can pay the attorney $5,000.00 up front to try to find the guy and try to hold him responsible for damages and in the end the best I could hope for would be a judgement that may never be paid , It's just not worth the time and money to try to chase him . He walked away from the land deal he had and is only out his deposit . And we get left with the clean up . :smoke: And a purple gate !

best view 05-26-2022 08:29 AM

Well the good news is that wood is worth a lot of money and it’s already cut I would call a mill and a few fire wood companies and have them give me quotes

LT7A 05-26-2022 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 9083661)
UGH ! You had to remind me :sumo: Well nothings happened fast . The idiot That started all this is nowhere to be found , His phone is off , When they came down from Chicago they had a 5th wheel in a local trailer park and they are gone from there , The land he "bought " was a BUY OWNER FINANCED property owned by an investment company located in Dallas , Tx The real estate company he "bought " it from is located in Ga, and "sold " it to him on line So No title company was involved and wouldn't be until he paid it off in 10 years ! So Basically I can pay the attorney $5,000.00 up front to try to find the guy and try to hold him responsible for damages and in the end the best I could hope for would be a judgement that may never be paid , It's just not worth the time and money to try to chase him . He walked away from the land deal he had and is only out his deposit . And we get left with the clean up . :smoke: And a purple gate !

And chickens!

IIRC. Sure sorry for you guys in all this. The company that sold it should have some liability, but making that stick is probably difficult and time-consuming and costly. However, you've given me an idea for a new side income. I think I will start to sell things I don't own.