The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random pictures that you did not take. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=837331)

Steeveedee 09-06-2022 05:53 PM

Re: Random pictures that you did not take.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 9121255)
You want random? I got random.

^ Going to have hairy crackup!

yuccales 09-06-2022 05:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Couple more of those French rides.

special-K 09-07-2022 06:04 AM

5 Attachment(s)
The first one wins most handsome combo award. I've seen that second picture. Now I realize that must be a camper. imagine those front wheels might do some scratchin' pulling all that.

People can't leave anything alone :cool:

FleetsidePaul 09-07-2022 06:49 AM

I like all those. But I LOVE that gasser. That has to be a handful. I could see myself getting into hot water real fast in that one. :eek:

That can't be in Europe. There are palm trees in the background. Probably California. Everyone is nuts there. Everybody but me. That's what the voices in my head keep telling me.

yuccales 09-10-2022 04:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Did not take the beautiful pic of Riebes two Pontiacs, but I did get to see them today at the Roamin Angels car show. Beautiful cars they are.

Stocker 09-10-2022 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 9122736)
Did not take the beautiful pic of Riebes two Pontiacs, but I did get to see them today at the Roamin Angels car show. Beautiful cars they are.

I never owned one, but have always had a soft spot in my heart for Pontiacs of that era. My Grandpa had a silver '61 Bonneville which was T-boned and put him & Grandma in the hospital. After recuperation, he bought a dark metallic blue '64 Bonneville, which he kept until he could no longer drive. And 1964 has always been my favorite year for GTO. The newer ones were more popular, but the '64 just seems like such an honest, well-styled early muscle car.

Boog 09-10-2022 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 9122784)
I never owned one, but have always had a soft spot in my heart for Pontiacs of that era. My Grandpa had a silver '61 Bonneville which was T-boned and put him & Grandma in the hospital. After recuperation, he bought a dark metallic blue '64 Bonneville, which he kept until he could no longer drive. And 1964 has always been my favorite year for GTO. The newer ones were more popular, but the '64 just seems like such an honest, well-styled early muscle car.

Mike we can thank John Delorean for that honest, well-styled early muscle car. ;)

Boog 09-10-2022 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 9122736)

I was but a young kid when I saw my first Grand Prix in 63. It was maroon and had those awesome 8 lug wheels. It was big and I loved it.

Stocker 09-10-2022 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9122789)
Mike we can thank John Delorean for that honest, well-styled early muscle car. ;)

Ah yes, John Z, may he rest in peace. My memory is not what it once was, but I seem to recall that he was one of the PMD execs who frequently 'tested' some pretty warm Pontiacs on Woodward Avenue. :devil:

72c20customcamper 09-10-2022 08:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice tractor

yuccales 09-10-2022 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9122814)
Nice tractor

You sit on that with our weather, your tail will look like you sat on a waffle iron. :lol:

special-K 09-10-2022 08:55 PM

Unbelievable what they allow people to run these days. Do I sound like an old crony or an aged wild child who remembers being hassled on a regular basis for violations that offered nowhere near the risk that so many creations out there do now that the money is in it?

CG 09-10-2022 09:14 PM

Three wheeler, dont they consider that a bike? Maybe a few less rules than trying to license a piece of junk rat rod?

Steeveedee 09-10-2022 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9122826)
Unbelievable what they allow people to run these days. Do I sound like an old crony or an aged wild child who remembers being hassled on a regular basis for violations that offered nowhere near the risk that so many creations out there do now that the money is in it?

I know that in Australia, any change to a vehicle (even adding a different stabilizer bar) has to be inspected and approved by an engineer before roadworthiness is OK'd. Some of the deathtraps we see around here would not make that cut.

special-K 09-12-2022 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9122834)
Three wheeler, dont they consider that a bike? Maybe a few less rules than trying to license a piece of junk rat rod?

I don't think all 3-wheelers are classified as cycles. . But the 4 wheeled rat rods get away with the same. It's not just rat rods. In the Safeway parking lot one day I saw a pro-mod '57 Chevy (looking thing). Full tilt race car with street rod tags. There wasn't a single part on that car from a '57 Chevy but I bet it was registered as one. If it was registered as a new build it would have to pass safety inspection. This car was full fiberglass body with painted on lights and chrome trim, plexiglass windows, full race tube frame, center driver seat in the back, parachute, race slicks, on and on. It was a full-on race car registered and driven boldly on the street. I used to get pulled over for things like a missing tag light.

I think these crazy rides are cool. Just hard for me to deal with hypocrisy and it sucked being harassed

72c20customcamper 09-12-2022 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9123287)
I don't think all 3-wheelers are classified as cycles. . But the 4 wheeled rat rods get away with the same. It's not just rat rods. In the Sageway parking lot one day I saw a pro-mod '57 Chevy (looking thing). Full tilt race car with street rod tags. There wasn't a single part on that car from a '57 Chevy but I bet it was registered as one. If it was registered as a new build it would have to pass safety inspection. This car was full fiberglass body with painted on lights and chrome trim, plexiglass windows, full race tube frame, center driver seat in the back, parachute, race slicks, on and on. It was a full-on race car registered and driven boldly on the street. I used to get pulled over for things like a missing tag light.

I think these crazy rides are cool. Just hard for me to deal with hypocrisy and it sucked being harassed

In NY anything with less than four wheels is a motorcycle. You need a motorcycle endorsement on your license and a helmet . They did make an amendment that if it has a permanent roof you dont need a helmet or the endorsement. Guy that I know goes to shows with Robin was funny seeing him in it with a helmet same with the old Isettas

special-K 09-13-2022 08:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I see a greater threat to public safety than a tire sticking 1/4" past the body. I guess laws were meant to be manipulated through the loopholes and enforcement is regulated by popularity

truckin 79 09-13-2022 10:48 AM

Hand of God is one of my favorites from NASA
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kI8R2Niwv...and-of-God.jpg

CG 09-15-2022 05:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure where or what grade this was taken. We were counting up all the schools I went to before 7th grade and I think it was ten plus or minus. My parents never owned a home, no idea why we were always moving wouldnt believe my dad no matter what he says anyway haha

Back to the picture, I think they are bunny hats, but man is it an odd picture. Almost forgot thats me bottom row second from the right.

special-K 09-16-2022 07:37 AM

It's cool to have the pictures from school. I have a class picture or two from elementary school. We also moved quite a bit because my folks rented or dad changing jobs. We lived in some cool places.

GOPAPA 09-16-2022 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9124566)
It's cool to have the pictures from school. I have a class picture or two from elementary school. We also moved quite a bit because my folks rented or dad changing jobs. We lived in some cool places.

By Chance ,could that of been 1969 and them grade school head hats being rocket to the moon costumes,, I came up with that from what is on the blackboard behind ya Mark??

A good photo for your kids to keep ,,our kids love old photos of the wife and I when we were young ,,they have a hard time picturing us being young .. lol

CG 09-16-2022 12:01 PM

That is a very good observation, I had never noticed that. In 1969 I was ten, I look younger than ten in the pic. But I have no way of actually knowing, anyone in my family that might have an idea has since passed.

FleetsidePaul 09-16-2022 03:34 PM

The rolling mullet. All business up front and a party in the back. :ennyd:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...la_trailer.jpg

Sheepdip 09-16-2022 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9124723)
The rolling mullet. All business up front and a party in the back. :ennyd:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...la_trailer.jpg

I've only seen pic's of those never one in person. I would think that that trailer can't possibly have too much tongue weight, which brings up the question of it's towing attitude....don't think I would want to find out the hard way.

FleetsidePaul 09-16-2022 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdip (Post 9124725)
I've only seen pic's of those never one in person. I would think that that trailer can't possibly have too much tongue weight, which brings up the question of it's towing attitude....don't think I would want to find out the hard way.

I hear you on that. I wouldn't want to find out the hard way either. But it sure looks cool. But I have a soft spot for Impala's. Any year.

I had a 71 Impala station wagon. My ex smashed up my truck and I didn't have rental car coverage.(I was about 21). So I bought the wagon for 400 bucks to get around. It was the special edition that included the worst faded out Earl Shieb paint job possible.

It was a great car and when my truck got out of the body shop I sold it for the same $400 that I paid for it. No rental car fees. :) My truck was in the shop for about two weeks so rental charges would have added up.

This is what it looked like, same color and everything except mine was all faded but the ole 400 ran fine.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/.../71_Impala.jpg

I also had a 67 Impala and a 69 convertible. I wish that I still had them.