The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   what is Woke on a forum ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=841875)

MikeB 02-16-2023 12:28 AM

Re: what is Woke on a forum ?

An example of being woke is thinking that "Make America Great Again" is a radical right-wing philosophy that could end democracy as we know it. President Biden's words, not mine.

RenoKeene 02-16-2023 08:21 PM

Follow the yen....uh, I mean follow the money. :ito::ito:

special-K 02-16-2023 08:52 PM

We'll need to be laying off the politics if we don't want to see the thread closed. Thanks

1976gmc20 02-16-2023 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9179143)
We'll need to be laying off the politics if we don't want to see the thread closed. Thanks

"Woke" is all about politics :waah:

davischevy 02-16-2023 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenoKeene (Post 9179120)
Follow the yen....uh, I mean follow the money. :ito::ito:

Now that, right there, was funny.

special-K 02-16-2023 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 9179190)
"Woke" is all about politics :waah:

So you're saying this thread should be closed. Well, good thing you are wrong. This thread is about "woke" and it has survived to the 4th page until politics got "mixed in". Please read the definition, which answers OP's question, in post #68. Don't be part of the distortion.

68bowtie 02-16-2023 11:46 PM

I respectfully disagree with much of post 81. Which in my opinion is the most confrontational post in the thread so far. The rest have been fairly respectful considering how most conversations go about “wokeness”, which is most certainly highly political. This thread has been very well behaved.

FleetsidePaul 02-17-2023 02:39 AM

No politics. Here we go.

Two drunk guys walk into a bar...
Bartender says get out.
Why they asked.
Because last time you were in here you barfed.
Yeah but that was just a review of your food.

Not the best joke in the world but I came up with it on the fly. Cut me some slack.

67 twins 02-17-2023 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9179204)
So you're saying this thread should be closed. Well, good thing you are wrong. This thread is about "woke" and it has survived to the 4th page until politics got "mixed in". Please read the definition, which answers OP's question, in post #68. Don't be part of the distortion.

No you are wrong and 1976gmc20 is 100% correct. That's all it is politics.
As far as your definition in post 68 this comes from Merriam Webster the same folks that changed the definition of woman to include Transvestites! I can not take anyone seriously who thinks a woman can have a dick. Enough said.

special-K 02-17-2023 08:52 AM

Ok, so now it's ok to argue with a moderator? Look, I participate in threads as a fellow member and expect to be treated the same, normally. And, I can understand why that may cloud the fact that some of my posts are me doing my job as team leader here. My philosophy is "down in the trenches with the troops". But that doesn't mean it's ok to argue with me when it comes to me moderating. I tried to nicely warn everyone to halt the political direction the thread took with bringing actual politics into this and a member wrongly corrected me. There are shades of politics in many topics, such as woke, because they intermingle with our lives. And there are many forms of politics, many that have nothing to do with voting, electing, or anything about elected officials. But when you start talking about any of that it's what we mean here by "no politics". This is not the place to come to make cuts on any politician. Not present, not past, and not prospective. That is what happened here and that is why I switched from just another member to a moderator. This has nothing to do with opinion for me. This is a hard line we are not to cross and it was crossed. We, including me, were having fun discussing this topic up to that point. I tried just a warning. Didn't work. You know the drill.