The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Project "What was I Thinking" 68 SWB (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=404865)

Fattback 04-24-2013 02:43 PM

Re: Project "What was I Thinking" 68 SWB

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennett--G4L (Post 6031913)
I got cold feet again and took the forsale thread down for the Intros. I really don't feel comfortable selling these wheels. I went back through my thread and re-read all the impulse decisions I have made and don't want to make another and regret it. My wife reminded me that I sold 2 sets of wheels already to get these Intros for a reason, so just keep them and don't worry about it. She said, so what if your truck takes a little longer because you could have used that money towards other things. Sometimes I am way to impatient and need to just relax. All I want is for the truck to be done and cruising the streets but I have to remind myself that it will get there.
Posted via Mobile Device

You got a good wife there.

Think you will be happy with that decision when your done :)

Rob

Bennett68C10 04-24-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fattback (Post 6031940)
You got a good wife there.

Think you will be happy with that decision when your done :)

Rob

Thanks Rob, yeah she is an amazing woman. I need to step back and breathe a little and get out of my own head :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

Rusbuilt 04-24-2013 06:20 PM

Glad you are keeping them!

shawno72 04-24-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennett--G4L (Post 6032008)
Thanks Rob, yeah she is an amazing woman. I need to step back and breathe a little and get out of my own head :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

I know the feeling all to well, I can be impulsive as well :lol:

Bennett68C10 04-24-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusbuilt (Post 6032319)
Glad you are keeping them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawno72 (Post 6032385)
I know the feeling all to well, I can be impulsive as well :lol:

Thanks guys I really can drive myself nuts sometimes.
Posted via Mobile Device

original-71 04-24-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennett--G4L (Post 6032476)
Thanks guys I really can drive myself nuts sometimes.
Posted via Mobile Device

your normal dont worry its in us guys and our toys ;).

Bennett68C10 04-24-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by original-71 (Post 6032524)
your normal dont worry its in us guys and our toys ;).

Thanks Hector feels good to know I'm not the only crazy one
Posted via Mobile Device

original-71 04-24-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennett--G4L (Post 6032650)
Thanks Hector feels good to know I'm not the only crazy one
Posted via Mobile Device

:lol: best of luck on your move, by the way i like your choice of style on the intros dont change them

Zoomin 04-24-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennett--G4L (Post 6031913)
I got cold feet again and took the forsale thread down for the Intros. I really don't feel comfortable selling these wheels. I went back through my thread and re-read all the impulse decisions I have made and don't want to make another and regret it. My wife reminded me that I sold 2 sets of wheels already to get these Intros for a reason, so just keep them and don't worry about it. She said, so what if your truck takes a little longer because you could have used that money towards other things. Sometimes I am way to impatient and need to just relax. All I want is for the truck to be done and cruising the streets but I have to remind myself that it will get there.

Good decision. Wheels aren't just wheels, if that was the case we'd all be running rally's. Selling them and going with something else would've freed up roughly $1500 anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device

CC69Rat 04-24-2013 09:19 PM

Yeah, Im glad to hear it too. Give her a big hug man. Hang on to her, women who understand are really difficult to find. Im lucky too, no doubt.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bennett68C10 04-24-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by original-71 (Post 6032703)
:lol: best of luck on your move, by the way i like your choice of style on the intros dont change them

Thanks I really like your Pentias too, we are in the beginning stages of looking for a house. Just sucks you don't get much for your money in NJ. I want to cry when I look at the housing prices in other states :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoomin (Post 6032714)
Good decision. Wheels aren't just wheels, if that was the case we'd all be running rally's. Selling them and going with something else would've freed up roughly $1500 anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah I know, I wouldn't have set the world on fire with the savings but I kept trying to tell myself it is smarter to reinvest that $1500 into other areas of the truck. My wife talked me out of it and I'm glad she did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC69Rat (Post 6032753)
Yeah, Im glad to hear it too. Give her a big hug man. Hang on to her, women who understand are really difficult to find. Im lucky too, no doubt.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks Chad, I am a really lucky guy to have her as you are to have your wife
Posted via Mobile Device

broey 04-24-2013 11:41 PM

hey dude, not sure if you know this already, but if you sell the wheels and get paid in cash you wont be able to touch that money in your account for at least 2 months if its for a house down payment. If you can, get paid with a cashiers check from a bank. And give a receipt that you both sign to you and to them. that way the bank can follow the money line to see that you didnt have someone fluff your account to make it look like you had enough money when you dont.

I just went though it... pain in the but..

Bennett68C10 04-25-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broey (Post 6033127)
hey dude, not sure if you know this already, but if you sell the wheels and get paid in cash you wont be able to touch that money in your account for at least 2 months if its for a house down payment. If you can, get paid with a cashiers check from a bank. And give a receipt that you both sign to you and to them. that way the bank can follow the money line to see that you didnt have someone fluff your account to make it look like you had enough money when you dont.

I just went though it... pain in the but..

Thanks, didn't need it for a down payment on the house, already have that. Was just thinking about all the added expenses the house was going to bring along with trying to finish this truck. Figured it was better off to spread the money throughout the truck instead of just the wheels. Doesn't matter now as I'm going to keep them. Will just take a little longer to finish my build and I will skip some things I wanted to do like disc rear brakes and stuff.

When we sat down with our Mortgage consultant on Tuesday she explained what you just stated. She told us that we would have to explain any large cash deposits lol and if we get any "gifts" as they call it the a gift letter has to be filled out and signed by both parties lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gipper01 04-28-2013 05:42 PM

Congrats on both your home and project Bennett--G4L. One thing for certain is that you definately have two added expenses; (1) a new home and (2) a classic truck build. The home will generally take priority, particularly if you're looking to keep the peace.:lol: After seeing the progress you have made on your build, I'm itching/hoping to receive my mild rear dropmember very soon. This may have been stated somewhere in the thread but what backing spacing did you go with on you wheels (front and rear). Keep up the great work dude.

Bennett68C10 04-28-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gipper01 (Post 6039695)
Congrats on both your home and project Bennett--G4L. One thing for certain is that you definately have two added expenses; (1) a new home and (2) a classic truck build. The home will generally take priority, particularly if you're looking to keep the peace.:lol: After seeing the progress you have made on your build, I'm itching/hoping to receive my mild rear dropmember very soon. This may have been stated somewhere in the thread but what backing spacing did you go with on you wheels (front and rear). Keep up the great work dude.

Thanks, we haven't bought a home yet, just in the early stages of house hunting. The wheels are 20x8.5 w/5.25" bs and 20x10 w/5" bs. I also have the early narrow rear.

Bennett68C10 04-28-2013 07:28 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Started installing my Touring front dropmember this weekend. Got everything painted up and installed except for the control arms and the rack. Some pics for you guys.

Bennett68C10 04-28-2013 07:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Then I hit a little snag when reinstalling my motor, my driver side mount doesn't line up. I got a bolt through the passenger side but the driver side is off by like 1 1/2". I sent the pics to nate, hopefully he has a solution for me. Knowing me, I probably installed something wrong :waah:

Fattback 04-28-2013 07:49 PM

Looking Good Keith :metal:

Hope you find a quick fix for the drivers side mount :)

Rob

ddubbs 04-28-2013 08:01 PM

Chassis is coming along great. I wonder if you can swap your mounts on the engine.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gipper01 04-28-2013 08:10 PM

Now that's real progress.....I can appreciate the ingenuity used in painting your PB parts.....let it hang and paint away. Do you have the rack and pinion yet or is that one of the next steps in the project?

PBFAB.COM 04-28-2013 08:42 PM

We will get you figured out keith! I received your email and sent a response over. If you could get me the measurements i asked for, i can get it figured out and have a solution tomorrow! Everything looks great!

Nate
Posted via Mobile Device

C10_ustacould 04-28-2013 08:48 PM

You have GOT to love the customer service at Porterbuilt!
Posted via Mobile Device

PBFAB.COM 04-28-2013 08:54 PM

It looks like we might have sent a set of the extreme perches by mistake....some measurements will help us confirm. Should be a simple fix. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Bennett68C10 04-28-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fattback (Post 6039910)
Looking Good Keith :metal:

Hope you find a quick fix for the drivers side mount :)

Rob

Thanks Rob I hope so too

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddubbs (Post 6039938)
Chassis is coming along great. I wonder if you can swap your mounts on the engine.
Posted via Mobile Device

I tried swapping the perches but it was even worse and sat the motor really high.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gipper01 (Post 6039961)
Now that's real progress.....I can appreciate the ingenuity used in painting your PB parts.....let it hang and paint away. Do you have the rack and pinion yet or is that one of the next steps in the project?

Thanks I have the rack just not installed yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucksSS (Post 6040045)
You have GOT to love the customer service at Porterbuilt!
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah this is why I love Porterbuilt quick customer service. I'm not as quick though as I won't be able to get what Nate needs until Friday when I'm down at the garage again.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bennett68C10 04-28-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porterbuilt Street Rods (Post 6040031)
We will get you figured out keith! I received your email and sent a response over. If you could get me the measurements i asked for, i can get it figured out and have a solution tomorrow! Everything looks great!

Nate
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porterbuilt Street Rods (Post 6040058)
It looks like we might have sent a set of the extreme perches by mistake....some measurements will help us confirm. Should be a simple fix. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Nate thanks for the quick response via email and on here. Unfortunately I won't be near my truck again until Friday. I will get everything you need then.
Posted via Mobile Device