The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Gas Prices? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=819131)

72c20customcamper 10-05-2022 11:02 AM

Re: Gas Prices?

OPEC+ just announced a 2 million barrels a day cut in production . It's going to be a wild ride

kwmech 10-05-2022 12:31 PM

We're up to 6.59 and rising. Diesel is over 7

MySons68C20 10-05-2022 12:33 PM

The White House said yesterday that they were not going to release any more of the "strategic oil reserve"......
Today they announced they are going to release something like 10 million barrels in November.
I haven't researched this much but I thought the reserve was for emergency use only.
I'm not trying to be political here but it makes no sense why they are doing this unless it's to affect the mid term elections.
Gas in Wenatchee $5.05 today and climbing.

leddzepp 10-05-2022 12:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here’s my next car :lol:

Grumpy old man 10-05-2022 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9130945)
We have been hovering around $3.00 .
This morning $3.39.
I heard on the radio it’s on the way up again 😭

$2.95 yesterday , This morning $3.34 :devil:

LONGHAIR 10-05-2022 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9130945)
We have been hovering around $3.00 .
This morning $3.39.
I heard on the radio it’s on the way up again 😭

Same thing happened here, Monday night/overnight, 30 cents up across the board. This made ours go from $3.69 up to kissing 4 bucks again at $3.99.

Getter-Done 10-05-2022 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 9131004)
$2.95 yesterday , This morning $3.34 :devil:

Yeah :lol:

Do you know what burns my butt?

A flame about 2 foot high. :uhmk::uhmk:

I filled my cans up.

And top off all the yard Equipment.

Getter-Done 10-05-2022 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR (Post 9131049)
Same thing happened here, Monday night/overnight, 30 cents up across the board. This made ours go from $3.69 up to kissing 4 bucks again at $3.99.

Yeah.
I am not normally one to go fill gas cans up.

I did this time. :sumo:

68bowtie 10-05-2022 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 61_FL_Apache (Post 9130649)
$3.04 at my local Race Track. Its about the cheapest around besides Costco.

I think that’s the cheapest around anywhere.

Chevyland 10-05-2022 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9130959)
OPEC+ just announced a 2 million barrels a day cut in production . It's going to be a wild ride

This $hit is fixed
They just keep taking what we will give them
I haven’t read through all these posts, but they are still bending us over out here in California
Basically six bucks a gallon forever now
Oh well !

special-K 10-06-2022 07:24 AM

Being taken for a ride fits pretty well. And that ride is costing us.

Our nearly universal price of the last few weeks, at $3.39/reg, has taken a universal jump to $3.55/reg. Of all things, the convenience store in the heart of our county seat is the cheapest @ $3.53/reg. The place out the road almost to PA that is usually a nickel or so higher is dead-on $3.55/reg. I need a fill-up today

GOPAPA 10-06-2022 09:32 AM

I filled up in eastern Oregon while camping this past week and it was $5.71 a gallon for leaded gas . Makes one kinda wonder if owning a truck that is used to non corn gas is going to be a burden on owning and enjoying and maybe even sitting due to no more gas for it . I will just wait and see...............cause I am not sellling at this point

Boog 10-06-2022 10:52 AM

It's simply amazing how fast pump prices jump on just the news or even rumours and opinions of where the market will go.
As far as I know the hurricane didn't affect any oil wells or fuel distribution facilities.
The OPEC just announced a planned reduction of about 22 million barrels of oil per day, in November, and instantly the pump prices in the US jumped up the same day 20 to 30 cents or more.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...0a7e86001df2ba

kwmech 10-06-2022 11:28 AM

Meanwhile--oil profits are at an all time high

yuccales 10-06-2022 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyland (Post 9131129)
This $hit is fixed
They just keep taking what we will give them
I haven’t read through all these posts, but they are still bending us over out here in California
Basically six bucks a gallon forever now
Oh well !

But wait, we've got such nice roads. ;) Never mind, I forgot we were just voted as having the worst roads in the nation. :(

68bowtie 10-06-2022 09:17 PM

What we need

Free market + de-regulation = prices drop fast

But don’t hold your breath

Getter-Done 10-06-2022 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9131240)
It's simply amazing how fast pump prices jump on just the news or even rumours and opinions of where the market will go.
As far as I know the hurricane didn't affect any oil wells or fuel distribution facilities.
The OPEC just announced a planned reduction of about 22 million barrels of oil per day, in November, and instantly the pump prices in the US jumped up the same day 20 to 30 cents or more.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...0a7e86001df2ba

Boog

We are on the same page with this for Sure.

In my High-school years/ I pumped gas and
checked oil, and cleaned windsheilds on the Weekends and after school sometimes.

We used a Big Stick to check the level of the tank.

The price did Not change till the next Gas tanker truck showed up.

Big Corporate is checking this on there phone /Internet.

Then Boom The price goes Up Fast.

Then the price is very slow to decline.

I will jump off my soapbox Now:lol::lol:

CG 10-06-2022 10:20 PM

Everything is digital now, instant changes. Make sure your portfolio has oil investments in there somewhere. If an R gets voted in consider moving your money out. Its beyond me how the absolute blatentness of this consumer rip off has become status quo.

I worked at gas stations as a kid in the 70's. I remember having to read all the pump "odometers" and writing them down when I closed. Used the big ol sticks too.

Stocker 10-06-2022 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9131528)
In my High-school years/ I pumped gas and
checked oil, and cleaned windsheilds on the Weekends and after school sometimes.

We used a Big Stick to check the level of the tank.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9131557)
I worked at gas stations as a kid in the 70's. I remember having to read all the pump "odometers" and writing them down when I closed. Used the big ol sticks too.

You guys realize we are sounding like a bunch of old farts..... right?

I worked in a gas station when I was in high school in the mid-Sixties. Same routine, pump gas, clean windshields, check the tires & under the hood, and a bunch of other stuff.
Staked the tanks too.... we had some kind of paste to smear on the bottom of the long stick, and it turned purple if it contacted water. We never found any water. :)

Darn shame jobs like that don't exist anymore. Kids today miss out on a great learning experience, including learning responsibility and how to deal with people face-to-face.

special-K 10-07-2022 06:18 AM

I did get my gas yesterday. I was disappointed I hadn't bought gas last week when I saw Friday it had gone from 3.39 to 3.55. Then I was pleasantly surprised to see the stations were back down to $3.49. Oh the drama of this emotional roller coaster over pennies and a gallon more in my tank. I wish I could remove this nose ring :lol:

Boog 10-07-2022 06:41 AM

Oh they have us all, over a barrel, of oil.

68panelman 10-07-2022 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9131557)
Everything is digital now, instant changes. Make sure your portfolio has oil investments in there somewhere. If an R gets voted in consider moving your money out. Its beyond me how the absolute blatentness of this consumer rip off has become status quo.

An "R"...stop your nonsense, open your eyes :flagw:

special-K 10-07-2022 07:43 AM

Really. Anybody who believes the nonsense that says pricing is set by any other than the oil companies is getting fake news.

68bowtie 10-07-2022 09:26 AM

This is not a D or R thing. This is big gov’t / big corp collusion thing that hurts all of us. We need to stick together.

richard2717 10-07-2022 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68panelman (Post 9131664)
An "R"...stop your nonsense, open your eyes :flagw:

If I understand what Mark was saying correctly, I think he meant when the D's are in charge gas prices are sky high so profits for share holders are at a high as well, so smart investment. When R's are in charge, whatever they are doing seems to plummet the price of gas so the profits for share holders are way lower comparatively speaking so it is not a wise investment.

I could be wrong though................