The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Kabwe's aka Bam's build (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=440079)

hp1957 08-05-2012 06:20 PM

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

Kabwe your truck looks Awesome!!

Harvey

1957 Chevy Stepside
1958 GMC Fleetside C4 project build tread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...65#post5510465

Kabwe 08-07-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hp1957 (Post 5524257)
Kabwe your truck looks Awesome!!

Harvey

Thanks Harvey but what truck are you speaking of? I only have pieces of a truck.:lol:

mknittle 08-07-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabwe (Post 5527088)
Thanks Harvey but what truck are you speaking of? I only have pieces of a truck.:lol:

that beats some people! They have atruck that IS a piece.:lol:

shadow1967 08-09-2012 11:28 PM

How many bottles did you use for the bottom?

Kabwe 08-10-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow1967 (Post 5531678)
How many bottles did you use for the bottom?

2 bottles covered it pretty well, but I used a 3rd bottle for good measure.

blue57 08-12-2012 09:18 PM

where did you get your patch panels for the doors?

Kabwe 08-13-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue57 (Post 5536087)
where did you get your patch panels for the doors?

I got mine from Brothers Trucks.

blue57 08-13-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabwe (Post 5537524)
I got mine from Brothers Trucks.

looks alot taller then a 12" panel

Dan in Pasadena 08-23-2012 10:51 AM

Bam, the undercoating looks great. Since you wrote that you'll spray it in the interior, do you plan to ALSO use Dynamat, Peel 'n Seal or any other kind of sound deadner as well?

I may have missed it but what prep did you do underneath? Blast/wire wheel to bare metal? Light sand? Or just wash and spray?
Posted via Mobile Device

sgtusmc 08-23-2012 02:29 PM

Man, your still not done with this truck??? hahaha
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/bamtruck.jpg

Kabwe 08-23-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena (Post 5553445)
Bam, the undercoating looks great. Since you wrote that you'll spray it in the interior, do you plan to ALSO use Dynamat, Peel 'n Seal or any other kind of sound deadner as well?

I may have missed it but what prep did you do underneath? Blast/wire wheel to bare metal? Light sand? Or just wash and spray?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes I will also use some sound deadner. As far as the prep work all I did was apply over freshly applied epoxy primer. If you already have paint all you have to do is stuff it (lightly sand) and apply.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtusmc (Post 5553719)
Man, your still not done with this truck??? hahaha

Heck no man and do you want to make something of it? Well you are a Marine so let me back up and be nice. Huh no I'm not finish yet sir.lol

duallyjams 08-24-2012 09:55 AM

It's a lot easier to pat attention and learn this way please do not rush it and take your time.
THANKS

Kabwe 08-24-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duallyjams (Post 5554846)
It's a lot easier to pat attention and learn this way please do not rush it and take your time.
THANKS

Oh you don't have to worry about that I neither have the money or the time to rush it.lol I wish I did though.

VDOG 08-24-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabwe (Post 5554882)
Oh you don't have to worry about that I neither have the money or the time to rush it.lol I wish I did though.

Lets see,...Ok I got nothing. LOL

sgtusmc 08-24-2012 01:19 PM

You know I just had to stop by and ruffle your feathers. Great work on the truck. I might be on short time. I can't die till I see your truck finished. No pressure...haha

Dan in Pasadena 09-05-2012 03:15 PM

12 days and nothing? No activity? C'mon, you gotta be doing something....even if its just working on other guy's stuff to make some cash to do the next thing on yours. BTW, what IS the next thing planned?

hotrod1 09-05-2012 04:44 PM

Yeah, got to tell ya that I cant stop thinking about that Green color that you are going to paint your beast. I saw a camaro the other day with what I perceive as a similar color, and it almost stops my heart. That Greeeeen color that you are going to paint your ride is Just beautiful!

Kabwe 09-05-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena (Post 5576281)
12 days and nothing? No activity? C'mon, you gotta be doing something....even if its just working on other guy's stuff to make some cash to do the next thing on yours. BTW, what IS the next thing planned?

Well I doing a lot but its nothing to write home about. I got the firewall all primed and block and its straight as an arrow and it made me smile for about 2 seconds.lol No really it came out really nice. I'm working a panel at a time literally. I been on the firewall for days, I blocked the dash, and just slowly making my way around the cab.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrod1 (Post 5576410)
Yeah, got to tell ya that I cant stop thinking about that Green color that you are going to paint your beast. I saw a camaro the other day with what I perceive as a similar color, and it almost stops my heart. That Greeeeen color that you are going to paint your ride is Just beautiful!

I hope the green is as nice as you picture it, I'm not so sure. If I don't like it I will sand it down and use it as primer and chose another color.lol Yeah I'm nutty like that.

VDOG 09-06-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabwe (Post 5576540)
I hope the green is as nice as you picture it, I'm not so sure. If I don't like it I will sand it down and use it as primer and chose another color.lol Yeah I'm nutty like that.

Once again, no comment. LOL!!
Ok well I gotta ask, when will you know you dont like the color? After you spray the color, or will it have the wheels and tires on it before you can make a decision? Or, last one, will the color make a difference IF you keep the wheel and tire combo? You know I got alot of questions.

Kabwe 09-06-2012 07:43 PM

Vdog I will know if its what I wanted as soon as the base coat /clear coat hits the panel.lol Its either a yeah or yuck.lol

VDOG 09-06-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabwe (Post 5578547)
Vdog I will know if its what I wanted as soon as the base coat /clear coat hits the panel.lol Its either a yeah or yuck.lol

Ahh I see. I think its going to be badazz, cause you dont see that combo.
But what do I know. LOL

spousta 09-12-2012 01:25 AM

I know how you feel Kabwe, I'm going to bronze plate everything instead of chrome and its going to be a yuck or yeah, important thing is making it your own and not caring how green or how much your sticking out (which I'm sure you know), just wanted to stop by and tell you to keep useing your instincts and keep up the good work, and I love the raptor liner job you did, makes me not want to use the Herculiner I have laying around, and buy the raptor system
Posted via Mobile Device

Kabwe 09-12-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spousta (Post 5588404)
I know how you feel Kabwe, I'm going to bronze plate everything instead of chrome and its going to be a yuck or yeah, important thing is making it your own and not caring how green or how much your sticking out (which I'm sure you know), just wanted to stop by and tell you to keep useing your instincts and keep up the good work, and I love the raptor liner job you did, makes me not want to use the Herculiner I have laying around, and buy the raptor system
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks man

By the way I want it to stick out, but I just don't want it to stick out for the wrong reasons.lol

VDOG 09-12-2012 01:38 PM

What! No pictures?

Kabwe 09-12-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDOG (Post 5588974)
What! No pictures?

I will not be posting pics for a long time so you can stop dropping by hook head.lol

No on the real, I will not be posting pics for a while.