The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Finally my own build thread! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=212871)

pcmcobra 12-20-2006 09:16 PM

Re: Finally my own build thread!

*****in!

project76 12-20-2006 09:26 PM

Now slap em on the frame and give us a shot of it layed out.

RCbowtie69 12-20-2006 09:36 PM

hey from nc looks like very nice project , keep all of us inform of progess, looking good.

RCbowtie69 12-20-2006 09:37 PM

hey from nc, looks like a very nice project , keep all of us inform of progess, looking good.

charlieo 12-20-2006 10:25 PM

All I can say about the whole build is one word . Wow !

abadsvt 12-20-2006 11:35 PM

I wish i could slap them on. The only way i could get a 10" wide tire for the rear is if i switched to 5x4 3/4 bolt pattern. So now i am trying to figure out what i am going to be doing for brakes so i get get something ordered. I would like something a little better than stock discs. I was hoping to get 13" rotors and 4 piston calipers. We will see. Don't worry though as soon as i can i am dying to see what it is going to look like on the frame and of course i will post some pics!

Thanks everyone
Josh

nandress 12-21-2006 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abadsvt (Post 1952400)
I wish i could slap them on. The only way i could get a 10" wide tire for the rear is if i switched to 5x4 3/4 bolt pattern. So now i am trying to figure out what i am going to be doing for brakes so i get get something ordered. I would like something a little better than stock discs. I was hoping to get 13" rotors and 4 piston calipers. We will see. Don't worry though as soon as i can i am dying to see what it is going to look like on the frame and of course i will post some pics!

Thanks everyone
Josh

You could always have a new set of axles re drilled for your spacing. Or check with places like Moser or Strange, etc. for custom axles.

Trust me, with 20's there is a lot of air inside that wheel. You will definatley want bigger rotors...

basketcase 12-21-2006 08:29 AM

I love the wheels. Well worth the cost.(Especially since it didn't come out of my pocket) :)

Tom

abadsvt 12-30-2006 03:48 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well i finally got my wheels on which was a little tough because i had to have the new rotors redrill. It cost me an arm and a leg but I have a roller!:metal: I still have to modify the rear suspension a little and notch for the rack and pinion, finish welding and bracing before i can go progress some more. I took alot of pics because i was really happy the way it is turning out. The only bad news is I think i have to narrow the rear end a few inches. Everytime i get something done it seems like i have to fork out more money which sucks but i am already quite a bit deep so why not put more money in it:crazy:. Here is a bunch of pics.

abadsvt 12-30-2006 03:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A few more of the new brakes! I was worried about going with stock brakes looking to small but they actually look sweet! I am glad i didn't spend the extra money for the baer setup.

Rollie396 12-30-2006 04:09 PM

That looks awesome!Looks like that dropmember is going to work out great.Makes me wish I had decided to go with a scratch built frame.

corn 12-30-2006 05:07 PM

Holy #$%@, that is looking sweet. Its cool seeing something totally hand made come together & look like it came out of a factory somewhere. You should be very proud of yourself!

Also, the powdercoat was worth every penny. I like the dark center wheels...

jimmydean 12-30-2006 05:18 PM

Man, that looks so ghetto!

J/K, I couldn't be more jealous! Man, you are making quick work of this project and it's looking awesome. You'll have your truck built before I'm done with these stupid bags! Actually, my bags are done, I just need to finish my brakes before I can drive it.

BP68 12-31-2006 12:32 AM

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice project you have there abadsvt.

What size/brand tires you running?

poorboy 12-31-2006 12:43 AM

The frame looks sweet in the pics. It looks insane in person.

BigSky71 12-31-2006 04:02 AM

Looking very good, and now I am subscribed :metal: .

abadsvt 12-31-2006 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BP68 (Post 1964406)
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice project you have there abadsvt.

What size/brand tires you running?

The tires are Kumho Ecsta Spt. I bought them from tirerack.com. They are really reasonable priced and they have excellent reviews for the prices. Here is a link to the rear tires http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....e1=yes&place=0 . The rear tires are 275/30/20 and the front is 245/35/20. Josh

abadsvt 12-31-2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSky71 (Post 1964714)
Looking very good, and now I am subscribed :metal: .

I don't understand what subscribed means?

Josh

poorboy 12-31-2006 02:34 PM

You can subcride to a thread. It puts it in your user cp. You can keep all the threads you want to keep up on there. Easier to keep track that way.

abadsvt 12-31-2006 02:37 PM

Thats awesome! How do you subscribe? Thanks

Josh

poorboy 12-31-2006 02:41 PM

At the top of the thread there's a box that says thread tools. Click on it and hit subscribe.

abadsvt 12-31-2006 10:21 PM

Thanks Poorboy! That is an awesome feature! Hey i thought i saw your truck today. It looked like the pic in your avatar. Did you have a lawn mower in the back of the truck today? Anyways i will talk to you later!

Josh

poorboy 12-31-2006 10:29 PM

Nope mine sat in the driveway all day.

abadsvt 01-03-2007 03:26 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well I finally got the cab on the frame for mock up of the fenders so i can finish welding the dropmember in. I wanted to complete the front cause i hate having to come back and finish something. The cab went on fairly easy and best of all my body mounts were right on. I was a little nervous cause i fully welded them up to support the cabs weight and it would have been a B#$CH to get the off. I love it! I think it looks so sweet! The only thing is that i am going to have to get a set of stock spindels instead of the dropped ones i have. Even though they are brand new i don't think that i will clear my tire so that extra 2 1/2" will let me clear the tire and still be low enough for my needs. I took a few pics cause i was so excited that i had to share. It seemed like i would never get the cab on. When i was installing the cab i realized how much work i have to do to that cab. It is in need of some serious TLC. Oh' well.

Josh

Hart_Rod 01-03-2007 03:50 PM

Dude that rocks!!!!!