The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   The Project Havoc.... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=316300)

nuke1 03-29-2009 10:28 AM

Re: The Project Havoc....

yes it is bc/cc, it holds up rather well, you have to make sure that the block is cleaned up rather well, then epoxy it and than put sealer on it. all in all it it good. nothing will ever hold up if you plan on driving it all the time, but it will sure look good. Thanks for the compliments.

jgrisafi 03-29-2009 09:16 PM

All I can say WOW, bravo man. You have definatley got an eye for design. Thanks for some great ideas and I look forward to seeing her drive down the road. Take care.

nuke1 03-30-2009 01:00 AM

Well, we went out last nite for the B-Day and i got a little happy you could say, so i did not quite get up on time. I still managed to get out there today. We got some accesories on the engine, trans bolted up to it and the engine set in the frame, it is coming alog slowly but surely. Tyler ( Tyler58) is in from the farm for a bit so of course i put him to work for a bit, Thanks for the help. Cory if you are reading this, the carb is finally in place, after 2 years of you giving it to me, woohoo. Anyways later guys.

James

Total Hours: 190.5

Argh , the comp is not agreeing with me at the moment, i will get pics on in a bit, sorry

nuke1 03-30-2009 08:49 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here is the pics.

VA72C10 03-30-2009 09:46 AM

That looks great! The green, silver, and black work very well together...That's going to be a nicely detailed truck.

kyull67 03-30-2009 10:01 AM

I like it!

Slick67 03-30-2009 01:46 PM

Hey Nuke just looked at your build, WOW, you are way ahead of me. The motor looks great! Still got my motor at the machine shop and still patchin up the cab. Keep rollin in the direction your going - can't wait to see the final product!!!:clap:

nuke1 03-31-2009 10:46 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Hello, well, i am gonna show you a car that i just finished at work, a 77 Hurst edition T/A with 60000kms on it, it has been garaged for 25 years and finally redone, man it was mint, original everything. very nice car to do. Also my rims showed up today, 20 x 9.5 Raceline Maxims. The fronts are 255/40/20 and the rears are 295/45/20, i like alot. i have also managed to get some more done to the frame, the exhaust is on, rear suspension mostly and a few more things, anywqays, here are some pis.

Later James

Total Hours: 193

nuke1 03-31-2009 10:48 PM

4 Attachment(s)
And a few more, thanks for the replies guys, it sure makes it worth while when you have encourgement. I knoe the pics are kinda crappy, but the rims are really nice.

fbird68 03-31-2009 11:23 PM

Hey nuke1. Awesome color on that engine. For some reason I really like those vibrant greens. Like PPG's antifreeze green I mentioned when I was out there.
I'm guessing that's going to be the color of the truck body?
Cool TA as well. I used to have a 76 Hurst edition. A regular Smokey and the Bandit car.

Keep up the great work!

Richard

OARNGESI 04-01-2009 05:55 AM

That motor looks really good

nuke1 04-16-2009 09:57 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys, well i finally made it back to the truck for a little bit, but not for long, have other things to do, i did manage to get my differential in the truck and most the rear all buttoned up, it is centered and in the correct position, but the alighnment will tell me that. i put the rear tieres on the the fram and set her down to meet the ground for the first time in a while, all i can say is that i had to control myself, i was so HAPPY! here are a few pics, unfortunatly the rear tires are in further than the fronts, due to the front disc conversion, oh well, i will have to look for some 2 inch spacers, ouch. but here are a few pics. Sorry for the dark pics

Later James

Total Hours: 200hrs

nuke1 04-22-2009 12:54 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Hey all, i went out this weekend and got the box set up for making into a shortbox. Man, that was the hardest thing i have ever had to do when it comes to cutting up a car, i almost cried, it really bothered me to do this at first the box was very clean hardly any mud and the original box, i have never had a problem on customers cars hacking into them, but mine really bothered me, shook alittle then WHAM, i cut it, no more bad feelings. A friend of mine is gonna redo my oak for the floor of it. cut it down and plane it as it was last done 12 years ago. that will be nice. So over the past few days i chopped my box down and put my roll pan on it as well. i still have to weld the bottom of the box and under the top sill, so i will do that tomorow nite, just stand the box on end. makes it alot easire. Also tomorow night i am gonna start on the filler neck for the truck. install it in the left rear corner of the box. should work out well. anyways i will talk to you later. onto some pics.

Later James

Total Hours: 210.5

nuke1 04-22-2009 12:59 AM

5 Attachment(s)
A few more.

kyull67 04-22-2009 10:17 AM

Nice work!

brrymnvette 04-22-2009 10:57 AM

Awesome build. I love the Watts link you built.

Shaky 04-23-2009 07:32 AM

Holy Toledo! I read the first page of this build and thought you were just going to freshen up a family pick-up. It sure took a hard right from there! Real nice work...

19723DR 04-23-2009 10:28 PM

Nice job on the bed. :metal:

Now that your bed is officially shortened, welcome to the short bed club.:chevy:

nuke1 04-24-2009 07:20 AM

5 Attachment(s)
thanks guys, yeah she sure did take a sharp right turn, but that is what happens when your mind is always in overdrive. and yes i am finally in the "short bed club" what a feeling, i love it especially after i set the box on her.

Anyways over the last couple of days i finished welding up the box and decided where i wanted my fuel filler. I wanted it out of the way but easy to use , i was gonna put it behind the taillight but my hand is too big to fit in there proper. so i came up with this idea, not too protrusive but easy to use. i think it works out good. After that was done i HAD to set the box on the truck to get itout of the way for now. WOW that felt good, and also a good thing i ordered some wheel spacers for my ride, they tires hit the inner tubs HARD. She is not as low as i wanted, but with the rims they sure fill the wheel wells nice, and after she settles with the wood in the box and a tank of fuel, there is another inch. Ok ok, i know enuf talking and more action so here are some pics.

Later James

Total hours: 222.5hrs

nuke1 04-24-2009 07:28 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Well that is not alll that i got done, once the box was on i pulled the cab out and tore the rest apart on it and started cutting, and cuttting and cutting. i did not know there was as much rust on her as this, oh well. While cuttig her apart i had to curse myself about 8 years ago i filled the cab corners with foam, because she was sitting at the farm in storage and i had a mouse problem, as you can tell in the pics, the mice had like 5 homes in ever spot, darn things. and foam sucks to get out. well this weekends job will be to replace the metal on both siides i hope and start on a few other things on the cab. Later

nuke1 04-24-2009 07:33 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Some more

*Dylan 04-24-2009 07:39 PM

Can't wait to see it with the cab on it. It looks great!

Hoffman65burb 04-24-2009 08:25 PM

:canada: looks great, frame is awsome! Suscribed!

Tyler58 04-24-2009 09:39 PM

Look Good

bac1755 04-24-2009 10:50 PM

Very nice work.