The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Squarebody Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   "OrangeAnimal" (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=333475)

OrangeAnimal 08-12-2009 10:40 AM

Re: "OrangeAnimal"

I have made a few long drives and they are pretty nice. The shoulder bolsters are alittle narrow but other than that they are perfect for me. I am 6 ft. and 160lbs.

The price was for new ones.
I looked up my invoice and I paid 395 total with shipping. I can't find any for sale on Ebay now though. I got them thru a seller on Ebay called Deal-Monger. If you go to advanced search and search by seller you could try emailing them.

andrewmp6 08-14-2009 06:04 AM

Looks good so far yeah ac can be a pain tell the first time you use it and its all worth it in the end.How you like your digital gauges can you see them fine in the day time.

OrangeAnimal 08-14-2009 08:25 AM

The digital gauges are great. I haven't had any issues. I could imagine that maybe if my windows weren't tinted the light hitting them might make them hard to read but I haven't had any issues and the windows aren't tinted that dark.

My truck suffered a loss yesterday. NO MORE 20's. I am still regretting getting rid of them as we speak but my buddy made me a deal I couldn't pass up. I am going to be reluctantly selling the truck so I guess it doesn't matter. I don't have enough space for all the stuff I own and I have another car that I have to finish. I will be getting the other car back from paint soon. So the truck is going bye bye. I pleaded with my wife but she just won't hear it. I bought a Nissan Titan recently and she says we don't need two trucks. Oh well.

bigbadjohn84 08-14-2009 09:56 AM

ah dude that sucks.. thats why I am not married :metal:. lol no offense. I have lots of projects in the works. I wouldn't get rid of one without a whole lotta mooooney. it's my hobby. like it or leave it :lol:

OrangeAnimal 08-14-2009 02:03 PM

Well I have too many projects at the time. Really everything I have is a "project". The jeep we have is slowly getting more and more custom and so is my Titan. The other car is a 73 Opel GT and it should be back from paint soon. It's going to be a really nice show car. Plus to top it all off I have a floating money pit too. Seadoo Challenger.

nlped 08-14-2009 02:15 PM

I can relate to the floating money hole. I have a 20' Chaparral that loves gas, but the kids love it so it stays :). I also have a Jeep that I frittered away a lot of money on many many moons ago and will never recoup even a fair amount of it back, so I just keep it.

I can relate to having to many projects :)

OrangeAnimal 08-14-2009 02:50 PM

I am holding out for being old and retired. I want to build a Factory Five Race Car. Aahhh dreams.

nlped 08-14-2009 08:29 PM

Which one??? One of my friends down the road builds those cars. He has a Cobra and a B-E-A-UTIFUL Shelby Coupe w/ a 427 side oiler. It makes my special place smile every time he cranks it :).

OrangeAnimal 08-15-2009 07:46 AM

I want to build a Type 65 Coupe. I figure it would be a very fun car. Lots of looks everywhere it goes. I got awhile before I could start something like that.

OrangeAnimal 08-17-2009 07:51 AM

Well the A/C has a short in it now. I am working on fixing it. The problem is that it blows the fuse everytime I turn it on I have narrowed it down to the control panel. I am guessing on of the switches is shorted. I am not impressed with the quality of the parts provided in the kit at all.

nlped 08-17-2009 10:08 AM

That sucks. I know it's to late, but I can vouch for the quality of the parts that come with the Vintage Air stuff. If you decide to put A/C in one of the future projects, I highly recommend going with them. Good luck on the electrical hunt.

OrangeAnimal 08-17-2009 11:44 AM

Thanks, I was going to work on it today some but the rain is heading my way now. So I guess maybe tomorrow morning before I get busy I can do alittle work to it.

nlped 08-20-2009 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, Orangeanimal.

Here is a picture...although kinda poor quality due to cell phone...of my buddies 2 Shelby toys. The Cobra is his 17th one and was completed in '97 and has a 634 documented RWHP...Stroked 351 w/ a Paxton NOVI :) and the Coupe has the 427 monster in it. They both sound wicked!!!

OrangeAnimal 08-20-2009 09:40 PM

Man those are cool. I really would love to have the Coupe. I am going to assume that they are both street legal.

nlped 08-21-2009 07:05 AM

Completely street legal and actually have tags...he has some crazy bracket that he fabbed up out of aluminum that mounts over the exterior battery terminals. Did I mention that they are both COOL

OrangeAnimal 08-21-2009 07:47 AM

Now that is COOL! Imagine 600hp in 2500 pound car! Sounds like too much fun too me. Haha.

OrangeAnimal 09-10-2009 11:39 AM

Someone tell me how to post for sale listings.

N2TRUX 09-10-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeAnimal (Post 3511589)
Someone tell me how to post for sale listings.

You need to become a subscribing member to make "For Sale" posts. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing...:)

OrangeAnimal 09-10-2009 03:56 PM

Ok I was just wondering where the subscriptions link was. I will check it out. Thanks N2Trux

OrangeAnimal 09-14-2009 01:16 PM

Well I traded my orange animal. :( I now have a 00 Sonoma on bags. I plan on using the engine and trans in my 73 Opel GT. Then I am goin to put a SBC in the Sonoma. Something simple. Probably no more than 300 hp. I will start a build thread of in the S10 Section when I get started.

3r!c84 09-14-2009 03:01 PM

sorry to hear about that

iPartCars.com 09-21-2010 04:50 PM

nice!!!

dlhughes2005 09-21-2010 07:13 PM

2 posts up iPartCars.com.........he sold it a year ago!

OrangeAnimal 09-22-2010 09:01 AM

Man I still miss this truck. It's been almost a year since I sold it and still sad about it.

Here is a picture of the reason I sold it. Besides the wife LOL. Enjoy.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...l/IMG_2601.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...l/IMG_2602.jpg

Opel GT all done up. Completely custom. It's also for sale though now. I would rather trade it though. Looking for early model Full Size Blazer. This car is one of those deals if you have to ask how much it's probably too much LOL. I have a large sum of cash dumped into this ride.