The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Finally starting the 68swb fleet (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=395506)

tantrumpipeline 11-17-2010 02:06 AM

Re: Finally starting the 68swb fleet

haha nope, Le mans blue metallic hot rod flatz and possibly doing the grille to match the 338 grey, metallic aluminum accents on the control arms, calipers, drums, steering components, black engine block, and most likely black interior with paint matched fiberglass work, all topped off with a hand brushed world war 2 pinup girl on the shaved firewall by my tattoo artist, hopefully the cash is good over the winter ;)

tantrumpipeline 11-17-2010 02:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
this is the steering parts painted up and a photoshop of somewhat the idea I'm going for, a board member made it for me, mine will have no reflection and be the color of the third pic and be lower just picked a stepper I liked on the site and had it chopped

srea76 11-17-2010 04:23 AM

nice build thread.

spike38 11-17-2010 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
looking sharp!
Here's a pinup you can use. with a blue background.
I may be bias, being a former jarhead.

Spike:smoke:

tantrumpipeline 11-17-2010 08:42 PM

wow that is cool!! thanks

tantrumpipeline 11-17-2010 11:28 PM

-26 with the wind is not alot of fun in my garage, forced air and radiant heaters going flat out, trailing arms are welded out and upper control arms are in waiting on a touch up paint coat to dry then the lowers, springs and spindles should be on tonight, halogen rig light burnt out so I'll replace t tomorrow and take some pics, CPP's warehouse overlooke my inner tie rods so I'll work on the rear 5 lug swap and installation and hopefully the inners and blocks are fast in shipping, weather is supposed to warm up on the next 2 weeks to manageable so I may just get the cab on this thing by Dec:lol:

tantrumpipeline 11-18-2010 02:56 AM

4 Attachment(s)
bad pics without my light working, shields look backwards to me but tried both ways and they line up way better this way?

spike38 11-18-2010 03:05 AM

Making some progress man.
It's 41 F (5 C) here tonight, These people wouldn't know how to handle -26 C.
Keep up the good work, I hope to be at that point next week.

tantrumpipeline 11-18-2010 03:23 AM

cool you're truck is pretty sweet, I would have loved to go with the classic look but this thing was so far gone it would take too much work, hoping one day to find or create a 67 swb fleet or stepper small window like that

tantrumpipeline 11-23-2010 09:01 PM

on hold from working on this due to the weather, aluminum heads showed up today, rockers tomorroq, and may be going to pick up a 67 short stepper this weekend lol, this is a sick addiction hahahaha

DCoffey 11-23-2010 11:02 PM

In need of a borrowing a better heater, Let me know. Have a spare Kerosene fired, forced air one sitting around.

tantrumpipeline 11-23-2010 11:32 PM

cool that's very generous of you but I figure the spring I have a few months off and this way I can start going back to the gym lol if this 67 pans out I will have all the parts needed to get this one on the road for summer then the 67 will go under the knife lol. Your parts are probably getting close to coming home, can't wait to see it, need to ditch that flex fan though for sure, had a few nightmares with them, don't get why when they break they always find the weakest part of the hood to hit/dent and/or why the cable always gets hit, but never again will I chance it

tantrumpipeline 12-02-2010 02:12 AM

Big Update..... I had a boy:metal: sure my progress will slow a bit until spring now;) The weather has turned for the better though, I also picked up a bed today and some old school M/T valve covers, pics tomorrow, and should be back home next week to slam some more parts on the frame. Bed came with a NOS chevy tailgate though that will be going up for sale, way too nice of an item to put on my project, mint condition still has the gm sticker, deserves to be put on a resto original or show truck, pics of it tomorrow as well, even transported inside my truck on the leather seats I woulda felt guilty to see it sand/salt blasted in the conditions I drove through:lol:

VA72C10 12-02-2010 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tantrumpipeline (Post 4326095)
Big Update..... I had a boy:metal: sure my progress will slow a bit until spring now;) The weather has turned for the better though, I also picked up a bed today and some old school M/T valve covers, pics tomorrow, and should be back home next week to slam some more parts on the frame. Bed came with a NOS chevy tailgate though that will be going up for sale, way too nice of an item to put on my project, mint condition still has the gm sticker, deserves to be put on a resto original or show truck, pics of it tomorrow as well, even transported inside my truck on the leather seats I woulda felt guilty to see it sand/salt blasted in the conditions I drove through:lol:

Congrats on the boy! Sounds like some great parts scores!!!

And an FYI on the NOS gate...I sold two on ebay within the last year for 850 plus shipping and I've seen them sell for around 1000 although the market is down right now for everything....

tantrumpipeline 12-02-2010 02:38 AM

thanks, 1st one so pretty exciting, wow that's good to know, the board member I bought everything from said it was worth alot and as he has been great to deal with I assumed so, but we both figured 5-600, couldn't put it on mine without feeling like I wasted a part that could be used for a real nice correct build

tantrumpipeline 12-02-2010 02:41 AM

3 Attachment(s)
tailgate is in the cab, boxes contain repro font panel, boxside, and cross sill kit

tantrumpipeline 12-02-2010 03:15 AM

5 Attachment(s)
tailgate and valve covers, been lookin for the covers for awhile, these have just been blasted and after a few custom touches and clear they will be added to the "to do" list, figure for $85 the valve covers were a good deal and will look 100x better than the cheap chrome ones I was going to use

DCoffey 12-02-2010 11:36 PM

Hey, does your ford have a big dent on the drivers side of the box?

tantrumpipeline 12-03-2010 12:44 AM

you bet, had a fight with an air compressor last year ;)

spike38 12-04-2010 03:12 AM

Congratulations on the new son!
Get him his first tool set yet,
Or toy truck. LOL

With your weather, I understand putting things on hold.
Besides, It leaves more time for your new addition.

tantrumpipeline 12-04-2010 10:24 PM

thanks, pretty cool,haven't got him anything but a onesie that says my pitbull loves me, gonna make an iron on 67-72cheytrucks.com one though;)

spike38 12-05-2010 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tantrumpipeline (Post 4331458)
thanks, pretty cool,haven't got him anything but a onesie that says my pitbull loves me, gonna make an iron on 67-72cheytrucks.com one though;)

Start um out right while he's young! LOL

pistonbroke800 01-05-2011 06:29 PM

Sweet looking build you have there. Are you tantrumpipeline on snowandmud also?

tantrumpipeline 01-05-2011 07:38 PM

thanks, you bet, this is the reason I'm runnin an 04 kitty cat during the winter, all my spare change goes towards this old toy

pistonbroke800 01-06-2011 01:10 AM

Cool man, sleds and chevy shorties i like the way you roll!