The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   In-N-Out Burger (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=464122)

DeadheadNM 01-22-2024 04:31 PM

Re: In-N-Out Burger

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9279073)
Which Oakland?

California. What a shame.

Steeveedee 01-22-2024 05:26 PM

I was stationed in that general area (Mare Island, Treasure Island) for about 9 months when I was in the Navy. Don't remember much about it, though.

Killer Bee 01-22-2024 09:29 PM

my '68 parked at the barracks while stationed on Treasure Island circa 1992

and btw, my credit union had a branch in Oakland, went once while stationed there, once.

fun story - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...97&postcount=6

love in-n-out, not the absolute best but very reliably tasty! I'm a 3x3 guy myself, fries gotta be hot :metal:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/zlgxhi165m4...20C20.jpg?dl=0

Steeveedee 01-23-2024 12:37 AM

Heh, a couple of Navy buddies and I went down Lombard Street in '74 in my '69 Camaro. I knew the brakes were good, as I had worked on them myself, but they were looking pretty nervous. :lol:

bcfishon 01-26-2024 02:42 PM

Put one in Salem Oregon and the line was ridiculous, made me curious so about 18 months later when the line became tolerable I gave it try for the first time ever,I was disappointed and dumbfounded with all the hype.

68bowtie 02-22-2024 12:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had my first animal style burger today. Delicious! I could have gone for a few more onions, but very tasty…

Attachment 2338736

Killer Bee 02-22-2024 01:05 AM

what a coincidence - four co-workers and I were at the Habit for lunch today and the in-n-out animal style subject was brought up :)

FleetsidePaul 02-22-2024 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 9279161)
my credit union had a branch in Oakland, went once while stationed there once.

You're lucky to still be alive walking around in Oakland with money in your pocket. I wouldn't go there on a bet.

By the way Denny's jumped ship in Oakland for the same reason after something like 50 years at the same location. It's not safe there. My son in law was stabbed while just walking out of a movie theater with my daughter. He's fine now but Oakland isn't.

yuccales 02-22-2024 08:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Cheated on my wife the other day. She was not happy with the pic I sent her! :lol:

72c20customcamper 02-22-2024 10:00 AM

Place sounds like 5 Guys lots of hype crappy burgers . All my friends were raving about them so one day after a car show we stopped 8 or 9 cars little show at the place . Got my food took a bite and put it down . I ended up giving the fries away and threw the burger out . I walked across the street got a burger at the diner . 1000 % better and no more expensive and they served me . Then again I don’t like McDonalds or any other fast food .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Guys

68bowtie 02-22-2024 10:19 AM

Ha! I guess it’s not for everyone :lol:

I ate at 5 guys once. Got food poisoning. I get nauseous driving by that place still 15 years later.

72c20customcamper 02-22-2024 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68bowtie (Post 9289779)
Ha! I guess it’s not for everyone :lol:

I ate at 5 guys once. Got food poisoning. I get nauseous driving by that place still 15 years later.

May just be me . I do like Chick-fil-a though

MySons68C20 02-22-2024 11:01 AM

Wish we had a Chic here in Wenatchee.....never been to one but they look great on the commercials

Sheepdip 02-22-2024 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68bowtie (Post 9289724)
I had my first animal style burger today. Delicious! I could have gone for a few more onions, but very tasty…

Attachment 2338736

Congrats! Now ya know next time "Animal Style with extra O"

Killer Bee 02-22-2024 12:33 PM

as I alluded to in my post above - in-n-out is not the absolute best however excel or lead in some key categories regarding food

extremely consitent and reliable - you will get the exact same burger and fries at any location, any day, and any time. it will be hot, fresh, and tasty every single time. you will be hard pressed to find any other fast food service that can beat in-n-out in that category. so go ahead and look back at those times you were starving to death, working late in the field, or whatever circumstances you were at the mercy of a fast food restaurant and received something barely edible. Working long hours in the field, I can recall many many times this has happened to me.

friendly and courteous staff - always cheerful greeting and pleasant interaction with staff at in-n-out, always. Don't even need to ask, I know everyone reading this has encountered fast food servers you wanted to bend over your knee.

strict food quality standards - 100% fresh American beef
y'all can read more about that here In-N-Out Burger products

100% American family owned - no foreign interests or investors where quality suffers for profit gains. Everyone here knows exactly what that looks like in today's market.

like I said, not the absolute best but definitely excel or lead in a lot of ways.

and the bottom line - no red-blooded American in their right mind can honestly say in-n-out burgers are bad whether their favorite or not.

Sheepdip 02-22-2024 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 9289808)
as I alluded to in my post above - in-n-out is not the absolute best however excel or lead in some key categories regarding food

extremely consitent and reliable - you will get the exact same burger and fries at any location, any day, and any time. it will be hot, fresh, and tasty every single time. you will be hard pressed to find any other fast food service that can beat in-n-out in that category. so go ahead and look back at those times you were starving to death, working late in the field, or whatever circumstances you were at the mercy of a fast food restaurant and received something barely edible. Working long hours in the field, I can recall many many times this has happened to me.

friendly and courteous staff - always cheerful greeting and pleasant interaction with staff at in-n-out, always. Don't even need to ask, I know everyone reading this has encountered fast food servers you wanted to bend over your knee.

strict food quality standards - 100% fresh American beef
y'all can read more about that here In-N-Out Burger products

100% American family owned - no foreign interests or investors where quality suffers for profit gains. Everyone here knows exactly what that looks like in today's market.

like I said, not the absolute best but definitely excel or lead in a lot of ways.

and the bottom line - no red-blooded American in their right mind can honestly say in-n-out burgers are bad whether their favorite or not.

Well Said!
I buy my red meat from a private business, it's always consistent in texture, marbling, flavor, etc. What it tasted like 30 years ago it still taste the same today, and buying in bulk cut to my specs its actually a little cheaper than the Piggly Wiggly.

FleetsidePaul 02-22-2024 06:04 PM

I'm a junk food junkie. I guess because I grew up on it. My mother didn't cook and if she tried it was horrible. It just wasn't her thing. To me junk food just tastes like home. I love me a big ole Ribeye smothered in butter and a Lobster tail smothered in more butter right next to it but I'll take a greasy cheeseburger and fries just as well any day. It's all the same. It all comes out brown. One of my favorite burgers is one that you can get while you fill up your gas tank although I don't know what kind of meat is in them? Aardvark? I don't know. But I like em. You can dress them yourself with wilted, stale, and left out all day toppings too.That's a plus. :)

In N Out may or may not be the best but I wish that I still had one by me. I'd be going there right now.

57taskforce 02-22-2024 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68bowtie (Post 9289724)

Attachment 2338736

Welcome to the animal style club, I usually get the double or triple. Killer bee’s assessment is one I will agree with. Definitely consistent in quality and taste across all the locations I’ve been too in Vegas, Phoenix, Utah, and California. Not the best or even top 3 in my book but it is still a good burger especially when you order some of the hidden menu items.

michael bustamante 02-22-2024 06:55 PM

i dunno,, im a whataburger guy, but then...we dont have an in n out yet here in albuquerque, but when i go to AZ ill stop at in n out...

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 02-22-2024 08:00 PM

I do like their double cheese burger and fries. Shakes are pretty good too.

Hmm, five guys. Well, I tried them once. It was recently after a long hard week. I really needed the weight, but didn't expect a 4 pound bag. I thought the fries were excellent. The burger was real tasty too, real nice ladies doing the work.

68bowtie 02-23-2024 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdip (Post 9289792)
Congrats! Now ya know next time "Animal Style with extra O"

Oohhh now I know!

Killer Bee 02-24-2024 12:26 AM

kids and I had in-n-out after school this afternoon :D

WorkinLonghorn 03-02-2024 01:58 PM

We never heard of In-N-Out back in the early '70s. We worked a few blocks from the original Tommy's on Rampart and Beverly in L.A. Somebody would go through the office taking orders around midnight and head off to Tommy's to wait in a long line which was crazy long on Fri. and Sat. nights. Well worth it though. There was a guy working there who was so fast, his hands were a blur. Was a sight to see for quite few years.

This is Lynsi Snyder, the Billionaire owner of In-N-Out. https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Lynsi_Snyder Oh, she's married (4th time) so forgetaboutit. -BA

Sheepdip 03-02-2024 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorkinLonghorn (Post 9292462)
We never heard of In-N-Out back in the early '70s. We worked a few blocks from the original Tommy's on Rampart and Beverly in L.A. Somebody would go through the office taking orders around midnight and head off to Tommy's to wait in a long line which was crazy long on Fri. and Sat. nights. Well worth it though. There was a guy working there who was so fast, his hands were a blur. Was a sight to see for quite few years.

This is Lynsi Snyder, the Billionaire owner of In-N-Out. https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Lynsi_Snyder Oh, she's married (4th time) so forgetaboutit. -BA

She is quite an active gal! Sounds like she is exceedingly smart in the business world too.

best view 03-02-2024 07:34 PM

5 guys rocks best burger and the trick is order small fries and they will then throw in 25 lbs of more fries I usually will go in with my 2 wheeler so I can get the fries in my truck