The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Hazel the older Sister.... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=351837)

butternut1972 04-08-2012 07:46 PM

Re: Hazel the older Sister....

Congrats! One of my favorite trucks.
Posted via Mobile Device

grayharville 04-12-2012 06:26 AM

Nice truck man! I remember it at turkey drag this past year.
Posted via Mobile Device

JHT67 04-21-2012 08:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I don't hit the magazine aisle much anymore, since I got too many already piling up, plus I have this site. So last weak I get an itch and take a stroll. after thumbing through the first mag I decide to look some more, and what do I find,but this sweet truck on the cover. But I had to buy this one for more than one reason, I had to get this one so that I could show everyone my vision. More than once someone has told me I need to get some primer on my truck, because I guess they just don't get it, but guaranteed you'll make them get it. Wish my truck was as well optioned as your but we do have plenty in common, enough that my kids (9 & 11) both thought my truck was in a magazine :lol:
I hope to learn more about taking care of the patina, how to use the CLR and things like that, but also being a former Arizona truck now living in Ohio if it would be better to repair and repaint, I guess I'll figure that all out in time, so many things going trough my brain, heck I still need to find some tires for the 16.5 8 lug wheels on the cheap :m6: Sorry for the long post was just so excited when I saw this on the magazine rack, thank you for the inspiration. Here's Hazel's long lost brother.

Attachment 912361

Attachment 912362

Attachment 912363

brans72 04-21-2012 08:38 PM

I had to buy the mag to when I saw it! Damn nice and clean not to mention thought at truck!

1stchevy 04-26-2012 12:03 PM

Keith I'm curious how you lowered the seat, any details? I looked through the build but didn't see anything.

Chris
Posted via Mobile Device

Jimbabwe 04-26-2012 12:40 PM

I can't find the latest issue of Street Trucks anywhere, but I DID just get Classic Trucks in the mail!
Weird thing; I always thought this truck was blue, but it sure looks green in the mag. Also mentions something about the patina paintjob done in a tent. Obviously the interior was repainted, and looks awesome, but I think the writer was confused.
Or maybe I am.
Either way, that's one of my faves!:metal:

CC69Rat 04-26-2012 12:43 PM

Keith -- any chance you'll be at goodguys in Nashville? Probably quite a haul for you.

n2billet 04-26-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1stchevy (Post 5337425)
Keith I'm curious how you lowered the seat, any details? I looked through the build but didn't see anything.

Chris
Posted via Mobile Device

I'll see if I have some photo's when I get home tonight.....they explain much better than me. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbabwe (Post 5337471)
I can't find the latest issue of Street Trucks anywhere, but I DID just get Classic Trucks in the mail!
Weird thing; I always thought this truck was blue, but it sure looks green in the mag. Also mentions something about the patina paintjob done in a tent. Obviously the interior was repainted, and looks awesome, but I think the writer was confused.
Or maybe I am.
Either way, that's one of my faves!:metal:

Thanks, your right only the inside and under the hood was painted. The outside is just like mother nature made her.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC69Rat (Post 5337476)
Keith -- any chance you'll be at goodguys in Nashville? Probably quite a haul for you.

I'm going to Showfest in Mississippi this year which is the same weekend...if something changes I'll let you know.

fastcam1 04-26-2012 02:04 PM

I've seen a couple of trucks in person that have been featured in classic trucks and the color is always different in person they must be over photo shopin the pics
Posted via Mobile Device

1stchevy 04-26-2012 02:34 PM

Thanks Keith!

Chris
Posted via Mobile Device

fastcam1 04-27-2012 12:27 AM

Hey Keith any luck finding the pics of the seat? Im also wanting to lower mine thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

n2billet 04-27-2012 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastcam1 (Post 5338701)
Hey Keith any luck finding the pics of the seat? Im also wanting to lower mine thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry, I got in late last night and didn't have a chance to look.....

Dinos63 04-27-2012 11:12 AM

Congrats on your newest magazine lay out!

kart34 04-27-2012 11:56 AM

Congrats !!!

BMERDOC 04-27-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbabwe (Post 5337471)
Weird thing; I always thought this truck was blue, but it sure looks green in the mag.

I saw the same layout yesterday and was confused by the green. Every other pic that I've seen was blue. What gives?

sgaylord 04-27-2012 01:51 PM

The color of the truck is different in Street trucks than it is in Classic trucks. Not sure if they wanted to make it look like it wasn't the same truck or not. Ether way it's an awesome truck and congrats!

Steve

jlaird 04-27-2012 07:52 PM

Different printing presses can produce different results even from the same photo. Magazines are printed with four colors, cyan, magenta, yellow, and black. If one or more of those colors lays down differently, the final color will be slightly different. It's very easy for this to happen between two printers. Ok, printing lesson over. LOL!
Posted via Mobile Device

67c10rustbuket 04-27-2012 09:47 PM

I bought my first mag in years, You should get a commission of the sales! Looks awesome!

I have one question that I may have missed, What outside mirror heads are those? they look different than mine (67) and where did you get them?? Thanks

67cheby 04-27-2012 09:56 PM

Lol I did also, then I just went ahead and subscribed for 2 years !
Posted via Mobile Device

n2billet 04-27-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastcam1 (Post 5338701)
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry, I can not find any pictures, I'll ask lolife99, he may have some, I did a set for him a year or so ago and he did some research on the different years verses different styles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinos63 (Post 5339143)
Congrats on your newest magazine lay out!

Thanks Brother! Seen the burb in there...congrats back at you! :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kart34 (Post 5339219)
Congrats !!!

Thank you sir!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMERDOC (Post 5339243)
I saw the same layout yesterday and was confused by the green. Every other pic that I've seen was blue. What gives?

It's more blue than green to me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgaylord (Post 5339373)
The color of the truck is different in Street trucks than it is in Classic trucks. Not sure if they wanted to make it look like it wasn't the same truck or not. Ether way it's an awesome truck and congrats!

Steve

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlaird (Post 5339889)
Different printing presses can produce different results even from the same photo. Magazines are printed with four colors, cyan, magenta, yellow, and black. If one or more of those colors lays down differently, the final color will be slightly different. It's very easy for this to happen between two printers. Ok, printing lesson over. LOL!
Posted via Mobile Device

What you said! :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket (Post 5340086)
I bought my first mag in years, You should get a commission of the sales! Looks awesome!

I have one question that I may have missed, What outside mirror heads are those? they look different than mine (67) and where did you get them?? Thanks

The mirrors are the stock style, I bought those from Orange Co. Truck and car parts, they are polished stainless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67cheby (Post 5340103)
Lol I did also, then I just went ahead and subscribed for 2 years !
Posted via Mobile Device

Hurry up and get yours done and you will see your own truck in the magazine before your subscription runs out! ;)

fastcam1 04-27-2012 10:25 PM

Alright thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

67cheby 04-27-2012 10:32 PM

Lol I hope so !
Posted via Mobile Device

C10_ustacould 04-27-2012 10:58 PM

You know a few photos of Hazel on the white sand beaches of Destin, FL with the emerald green waters of the Gulf of Mexico in the back ground would be awesome! ;)

lolife99 05-12-2012 07:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Just picked up the July 2012 issue of Classic Trucks magazine.
Great feature on Hazel.
Congrats Keith!

(sorry for the crappy pics)

BMERDOC 05-12-2012 07:52 PM

Aaaahh! Love me some Hazel! Keith did the world a favor when he bolted her together. I'm not sure how I'd act if that truck was ever in arms reach. All hail Hazel!