The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Project Grande Slam: Coley's Hot Rod Shop (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=510160)

CC69Rat 01-16-2013 08:24 PM

Re: Project Grande Slam: Coley's Hot Rod Shop

Just got off the phone with Travis. Parts are on order :metal:
Posted via Mobile Device

Rusbuilt 01-16-2013 08:31 PM

Good deal sir!

nlped 01-16-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC69Rat (Post 5822623)
Just got off the phone with Travis. Parts are on order :metal:
Posted via Mobile Device

:metal:
Posted via Mobile Device

CC69Rat 01-16-2013 09:15 PM

Once these parts come in its brake lines and front wheels and the suspension is done. Finish up the bed and detail the interior.. call er finished.
Posted via Mobile Device

nlped 01-16-2013 09:23 PM

"Finished"... That's a funny one!!! :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

Bennett68C10 01-16-2013 09:41 PM

:lol: yeah finished until the LS bug bites
Posted via Mobile Device

CC69Rat 01-16-2013 10:25 PM

I already feel a strange itch.. :lol:

Finished for now? Maybe... ?
Posted via Mobile Device

shawno72 01-16-2013 11:44 PM

I can asure you that you are never finished and when you think you are you'll end up just buying another one. oh wait you already did. :lol:

Rusbuilt 01-17-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC69Rat (Post 5822909)
I already feel a strange itch.. :lol:

Finished for now? Maybe... ?
Posted via Mobile Device

how about "drivable" lol

knomadd 01-17-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusbuilt (Post 5823583)
how about "drivable" lol

I like that. I think I might use this... "done" and "finished" are never completely true in my case.

cericd 01-26-2013 08:50 PM

Hey Chad. How's it going? Anything new going on?

CC69Rat 01-26-2013 10:00 PM

Dad and I are changing out the wheel studs and finishing up the brake lines but were also (both of our houses) working on huge remodeling projects. Its pretty cold here so Id rather do the house stuff now so I can have some truck time in a couple weeks / month or so.

I have also changed jobs. I work for the state of TN now (911) IT Network admin. We had a big dispatch upgrade last week.. so I didn't get a lot done anywhere else.

How is your gold truck coming?
Posted via Mobile Device

gdavis 01-27-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC69Rat (Post 5845845)
Dad and I are changing out the wheel studs and finishing up the brake lines but were also (both of our houses) working on huge remodeling projects. Its pretty cold here so Id rather do the house stuff now so I can have some truck time in a couple weeks / month or so.

I have also changed jobs. I work for the state of TN now (911) IT Network admin. We had a big dispatch upgrade last week.. so I didn't get a lot done anywhere else.

How is your gold truck coming?
Posted via Mobile Device

I to am changing the wheel studs all of them. Good luck my friend.

CC69Rat 01-27-2013 07:21 PM

The wheel studs in my McGaughys kit were way short. Im changing to the famous Dorman 610-298.1 It gives about 8 (?) More full threads.. 1/4 inch longer maybe? But it will help a bunch. I have a picture of the completed wheel but Ill post when I get home. Dont know how to do it from my phone.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

gringoloco 01-27-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC69Rat (Post 5848229)
...Im changing to the famous Dorman 610-298...

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!! F*rd parts :ack:

CC69Rat 01-27-2013 09:03 PM

I knocked the starter things off of them so that doesnt count. :). Theyre no longer officially Ford parts. :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

Rusbuilt 02-11-2013 12:25 PM

Just wanted to show your thread some love! Any updates on your porterbuilt parts?

shawno72 02-11-2013 12:35 PM

Yeah Chad what gives? :lol:

CC69Rat 02-11-2013 02:46 PM

Dad and I both are up to our eyeballs in Home remodling projects. I am about to start hanging drywall in mine (complete gut and re-do, moved a wall, new electrical, tile shower, moved a jacuzzi tub, new plumbing, .. yeah. ALL of it..

Dad has put hardwood floors in, new tile in the kitchen now starting his bathroom.

The next step for my GMC will be front wheels. I am saving some $$, but I need to kinda hold off and make sure Eric's mom is ok. He's going to help me get them but I don't want to bug him at this stage. I need a couple more paychecks to build the fun money back up anyway. So, .. then 4-6 MORE weeks wait time for the wheels to be cut.

PB stuff should be here soon I hope. We still have brake lines, the Wilwood Prop valve and MC to install, etc.

The inner bedsides need to be sanded, worked and primed / painted. They both have some minor pitting at the bottom edge that will need to be fixed but a friend of mine quoted $450 for both of them, cleaned painted and ready to go back on. I just might let him do them.

We're getting REALLY close, but I will say it probably won't be long after I finish it the truck will be up for sale. I kinda need to focus the money on my family and the IVF route. I'm going to keep it through the summer and maybe August or so put it up for sale. I don't want to, I just kinda need to.

nlped 02-11-2013 03:20 PM

Oh God!!! Don't sell it! I understand the family thing though.
Posted via Mobile Device

CC69Rat 02-11-2013 03:51 PM

Maybe something will work out. I'm going to just have to 'work' harder! :lol: I'm tryin d@mnit! :D

If I can do it, the truck stays!

Bennett68C10 02-11-2013 04:15 PM

You have put alot of time and effort into this truck, I hope you don't have to sell it. I do though understand that sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I wish I didn't have to sell my 72 but at the time I needed the money so the truck was sold. I still kick myself for that one. Can't wait to see some updates.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rusbuilt 02-11-2013 09:53 PM

I hope you don't have to sell it Chad!

nlped 02-11-2013 10:25 PM

At least the "work" is way fun. :D
Posted via Mobile Device

knomadd 02-11-2013 11:24 PM

It would be a shame to put all that work into it just to turn around and sell it. I hope everything works out for you and you get to keep it. I almost can't picture the truck (pun intended)... It's been a while since we've seen it.