The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   tuba trucks (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=648457)

Bomp 07-22-2015 08:09 PM

Re: tuba trucks

Right on Camel Hump heads. Golden

clemdaddy 07-23-2015 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7250475)
Engine bay certainly looks smart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusty76 (Post 7250510)
That looks very nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 7250528)
Sweet!!!:metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwcardfan (Post 7250600)
Nice!! That light blue patina looks sweet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7250663)
Right on Camel Hump heads. Golden

thanks guys… this ones going to be for fun… hot little 327, 700R, 4:11 posi, and no massive amount of body and paint work. still looking for a few parts and i hope to have finished this fall. but, as my wife is fond of saying 'we'll see what happens'.

thanks again fellas...

67cheby 07-23-2015 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 7222044)
heres an invite to this years gathering. featuring 2 of my favorite trucks from last year. this year the feast will be a cajun shrimp boil and please feel free to bring friends and family. Saturday, October 17th, Fayetteville, AR.
Mark your calendar and we hope to see you here... Clem

Awesome, man that Coulter has an eye for a killer picture ! Every shot he takes looks like a magazine shot !

clemdaddy 07-23-2015 02:14 PM

i know, the guys got an amazing eye. he missed his calling. should be a pro photographer.

hope you guys plan on attending. maybe a sneak peak of bertha, if possible. now that would be a show stopper for sure, cloud9 pulling the new trailer with boosted bertha aboard...WOW!

maybe, but not critical, just dreaming...

time for mexican dude?

67cheby 07-23-2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 7251401)
i know, the guys got an amazing eye. he missed his calling. should be a pro photographer.

hope you guys plan on attending. maybe a sneak peak of bertha, if possible. now that would be a show stopper for sure, cloud9 pulling the new trailer with boosted bertha aboard...WOW!

maybe, but not critical, just dreaming...

time for mexican dude?

you are correct, he should be a photographer !

You know we will , I blasted it on all my social media today ! We will sure try to have Boosted Bertha !

Yes I need to get some stuff from you and bring you some stuff !

clemdaddy 08-14-2015 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
another dynamic Coulter photo...

67cheby 08-17-2015 10:51 AM

that is killer !

clemdaddy 11-18-2015 09:46 AM

5 Attachment(s)
thanks to all the members who showed up for our cruise-in/toy drive. it was big fun and we collected tons of toys for kids this Christmas (mostly toy trucks). the total turnout was roughly 100 people, 45 cars and trucks, 60 lbs of jumbo shrimp with a big table of fantastic food (ala potluck), 2 kickin' bands and a campfire sit-in that lasted till the wee hours. big big fun.

any that missed but wished they hadn't... there's always next year.

2 guys that for some reason didn't make the group photo were Don (da2don) and Robert (sigshooter).

White knuckle Garage 11-18-2015 09:54 AM

Clem wanted to say thank you for the wonderful time that my family and i had at ur cruise in. i meet some great forum members and it was great to see all the things you have going on at your shop. cant say thanks enuff

Ta2Don 11-18-2015 10:13 AM

What more can be said... Thank you Clem!!! Had a great time, albeit too short, planning for next year includes a hotel room so I can stay longer...:metal:

This is to those who were unable to make this one, make plans for next year, you will not be disappointed

Bomp 11-18-2015 11:25 AM

Words cannot express how great of time everyone had.
Thank you very much for the great hospitality.

The only question left is are you open to adopting a 48 yr old kid from Oregon and can I bring Steiner?

mjh1965 11-18-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7380390)

The only question left is are you open to adopting a 48 yr old kid from Oregon and can I bring Steiner?

I couldn't have put it better myself Greg . As for the adoption part don't all the celebrities go for foreign kids so me being English puts me in front of you in a very long que

dwcardfan 11-18-2015 02:52 PM

Like everyone said Thanks Clem! What a blast it was. I will be there next year.

NevEno 11-18-2015 03:55 PM

Thanks Clem!! Your shop is awesome! And thank you so much for sending my daughter another shirt, she loved it!!

Grizz1963 11-18-2015 05:22 PM

I am not sure how many ways we can say thank you to you, Kim and your team of contributors Clem.

But you guys really turned out an awesome party.

I just hope that I can return the favour one day.

clemdaddy 11-20-2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White knuckle Garage (Post 7380316)
Clem wanted to say thank you for the wonderful time that my family and i had at ur cruise in. i meet some great forum members and it was great to see all the things you have going on at your shop. cant say thanks enuff

thanks a bunch... please make it an annual event for your family, we're already planning on next year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 7380325)
What more can be said... Thank you Clem!!! Had a great time, albeit too short, planning for next year includes a hotel room so I can stay longer...:metal:

the hotel room is a great idea Don. we got more salvage yards to explore. you still looking for that hood?

This is to those who were unable to make this one, make plans for next year, you will not be disappointed

exactly...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7380390)

Greg, I could work with you easy and we would have a great time repopulating the world with cool old trucks. lets keep the conversation going and by the way... Pete said the cost of living here is a third of what is is in Oregon. just saying

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjh1965 (Post 7380466)
I couldn't have put it better myself Greg . As for the adoption part don't all the celebrities go for foreign kids so me being English puts me in front of you in a very long que

please don't tease me now, :lol:... anything's possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwcardfan (Post 7380601)
Like everyone said Thanks Clem! What a blast it was. I will be there next year.

looking forward to it Donnie and thanks... your truck will be a highlight next year for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NevEno (Post 7380682)
Thanks Clem!! Your shop is awesome! And thank you so much for sending my daughter another shirt, she loved it!!

we got years of fun ahead... thats the best part of this site, it brings like-minded together. tell your girl she is more than welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7380781)
I am not sure how many ways we can say thank you to you, Kim and your team of contributors Clem.

But you guys really turned out an awesome party.

I just hope that I can return the favour one day.

thanks Rian, you made it a special year, you an Martin are plugged into our 'Friends for Life' bunch... and we'll be crossing the water to come see you guys as soon as we get enough skymiles on the credit card...

OK... turn out the lights,the party's over.:waah:

now back to the old trucks... hope to get pics of progress this weekend, so more later on guys...

clemdaddy 11-25-2015 09:13 AM

4 Attachment(s)
yesterday i washed up Cotton's 63 and took pics for an update. The truck is about 90% done mechanically, only a few wiring tasks and carpet inside to do. there's still a bunch of paint work left and all the hours of cut and buff. but all in all, we're ahead of schedule. You might remember that Cotton wanted a truck that was basic without the options and frills. About all he wanted to add was a deluxe steering wheel and bumper guards. here's the pics...

clemdaddy 11-25-2015 09:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Cotton requested a bit more power and an overdrive trans. so we opted for a 68 model 350 4-bolt dressed out to resemble an original 283 though the valve covers give it up. we also put in a fresh 700R and for safety sake, power disc brakes were added as well as power steering. more pics...

clemdaddy 11-25-2015 09:26 AM

3 Attachment(s)
you guys probably remember the seat that my friend scott did, it looks right at home in Cotton's interior. we restored the tach cluster and painted the dash to go with that seat. there is a ton of work that goes into a nice early 60s interior but its well worth the effort. more...

clemdaddy 11-25-2015 09:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
well thats it for the update on Cotton's 63.
the next couple of pics show where we are on the bed and rear fenders.

more later....

Bomp 11-25-2015 11:38 AM

Cottons truck is as perfect as they come. Spot on perfection. Saw this truck in person and the pics don't do it justice.

Smooth68 11-25-2015 04:08 PM

Clem - Beautiful work as always! I go past your place almost every day...I always look to see what might be newly hanging around

mjh1965 11-25-2015 04:12 PM

Clem It's coming along well . I am looking forward to seeing it with the bed on .

dwcardfan 11-25-2015 07:32 PM

Beautiful work Clem. I also got to see it in person and talk with Cotton about it. The pics don't do it justice. Very nice. I know Cotton is excited about getting it finished.

disasterbus 11-26-2015 06:47 AM

A nice surprise in the post this morning was a package from Rian (Grizz) containing a sticker he picked up on his recent road trip and a cool tee shirt which was a present for me from Clem.

Another example of how cool the people are that share our interest in all things automotive when someone like Clem takes the time and trouble to send something to someone they've never met.

Thanks Clem (and of course, thanks Grizz for taking care of the shipping!)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...pszrvpxo34.jpg